• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Flame Blade 2

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
FIRE#119
NNID
Flame_Blade_2
3DS FC
5473-0513-9540
lmao pm power rankings look lame as hell with all that anime crap
project m is a mod tbh i dont think it deserves its own power ranking

if we r gonna hav a project mod pr can we make a 64 pr too
I'm actually in support for this just because one of our boyz @ JKHDaBomb JKHDaBomb would probably land in top 3 or at least top 5.
edit: flushed my potty mouth

Last edited:

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
I just assume he's trolling everything. That said, the PR does need updating for PM. There arent enough active 64 players to even make a PR, unless you guys want to start holding 64 as side events (which I would like).
I assumed roflcopter was trolling. But then they kept it going for like 20 post and throwing other things in. That's what got me

moogle

Smash Ace
PM power rankings? My vote is update it after Don't Get Rekt II in Auburn in April.

64 power rankings? If we get up to 10 active ssb64 players in the state, then I'll support it. :)

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I was against crouch canceling from day 1, but it's one of those "it's in melee so we gotta add it" things apparently. Plus now they made it vital to samus / bowser.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I don't play enough 64 to compete at it but I would be down to see people bring it to tournaments and fests for friendlies. I don't own a copy so I can't ever be the one to bring it :(

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Smash 4 at Kamicon had a huge prize pool. What's the largest amount ever won for a single smash game in Alabama? Spade took home over 400$ (ask him for the full amount).

Wulfy07

Smash Apprentice
Long time no see (to some people like Dan/Met... hi... )
I think PM has a much larger following, but I talked to Reflex Friday and decided to test response to this. There's going to be a Smash 4 Tournament at Auburn before Don't Get Rekt. I don't expect that particular tournament to be too big, but if you have an interest (or useful input about the outlined rules), I'd appreciate the support. If there is enough interest, we'll have room to make a bigger console event next semester and could then include other smash game tournaments.

http://smashboards.com/threads/apr-4-2015-tigerlan-28-smash-4-singles-auburn-al.393210/

Let me know what you guys think.

(BTW, has typing in the reply box always been this laggy?)

Wulfy07

Smash Apprentice
HI!

How'z it? Sorry to be away for so long. Brawl=burn out and I dislike PM (sorry Mr. Dev Team).
I might get more into the scene depending on my interest in Smash 4. I like it, but not sure if I want to develop the time to be "good" at it. Or if its worth being good at.

Izaw is making a case for it though, haha. https://www.youtube.com/user/Izaw91
But US tournaments (*cough* Apex *cough*) didn't look fun or exciting. Here's hoping. :D

Wulfy07

Smash Apprentice
I would be up for some 64 events in Alabama and have 2 consoles I could bring.
Yanno, this brings a thought to mind. I know of 2 64 players at club, but wouldn't take the game super seriously. That said, it's enough support to perhaps do a 64 side event at TigerLAN. I'll bring it up Friday. The major issue (so far as I can tell) is lack of setups. I don't know too many people with CRTs, but I could get at least one set up there. (maybe 2, not sure).

The other major issue is most people in this forum are probably going to Don't get Rekt II which is close to TigerLAN (unintentional). Let me know if there's interest, and I'll bring it up locally.

Top Bottom