• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Hello there Alabama Smashers!
I have decided that I'm moving to said state rather soon, so it'll be +1 for the Smash community. Hope to see y'all there at tournaments :3 And enjoy easy wins, I'm terrible lol
Glad to have you :) I can't wait to play some matches.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
@ 9Blades 9Blades SoCal to Alabama? I'm sorry : (

But as far as Smash goes we will make it worth it. The scenes are starting to pick up again and Auburn is about to come out of hiding in April. So there should be events in either direction you could plan for if you're wanting to get some of the tourney fun in.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
@ 9Blades 9Blades SoCal to Alabama? I'm sorry : (

But as far as Smash goes we will make it worth it. The scenes are starting to pick up again and Auburn is about to come out of hiding in April. So there should be events in either direction you could plan for if you're wanting to get some of the tourney fun in.
It looks like the scene has been growing quite a bit as of late, so that's good. Looks like there's quite a few tournaments.

NinKenDo64

Smash Apprentice
It looks like the scene has been growing quite a bit as of late, so that's good. Looks like there's quite a few tournaments.
Welcome new blood to da durty durty souf! You aint in Beverly Hills no more son. We got all da dry ass weather and salt that you'll ever need down here!
But forreal though, this scene is awesome and surprisingly tame. We accept any and all here. Guess it's part of our southern hospitality. Tourney scene is constantly growing too. I'm sure you'll fit right in. :grin:

HsvASL

Smash Cadet
We want to thank EVERYONE who came to the tournament this weekend and watched the stream! Not going to lie - we were surprised by the turn out. It was great! So many HYPE matches throughout the day and we had a great time! Everyone at HASL appreciates your support. Seriously - we're working for the players and the Smash fans; so nothing gets us more excited than seeing people experience and enjoy the event!

We're working hard to get VODs posted both on Twitch and YouTube - hopefully they'll all be on Twitch by tonight. Also - we're planning our next two events and working on a few other projects so we can provide everyone with a regular stream of Smash content from the South East! If you haven't already - follow our stream on Twitch. Outside of tournaments we also have a couple of live streamed shows that you can participate in. And keep in contact with us on Facebook and Twitter.

Next two events: February 21st and March will be AT ChargerCon for our first 1.5 day event! Fun will start around mid-day Friday and continue all the way through Saturday night!

Can't give too many details - but February we'll have 3 different smash games and maybe even a couple different formats. We'll be announcing that very soon!

Again - THANK YOU! EVERYONE!

DjTieske

Smash Rookie
Yeah, we usually have a setup of some smash game going at around 7 on Wednesday nights. Not sure about Saturday, though. I'm usually out of town.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
It's so dumb that I can't play the game without being frustrated all because I'm trying to incorporate a perfect answer to a tip given. Everytime someone gets from the ledge without me being able to do something it just screams "YOU'RE WRONG" now. Using the Frame data spread sheet and stuff I'm trying to find more reliable ways to either get damage or trap my opponents but I just feel it's something I'ma have to keep trying and doing until it's muscle memory. I mean I main characters with swords and long hitboxes, I should in theory be able to make being on the ledge a nightmare for people. : <

Dirteedees

Smash Cadet
It's so dumb that I can't play the game without being frustrated all because I'm trying to incorporate a perfect answer to a tip given. Everytime someone gets from the ledge without me being able to do something it just screams "YOU'RE WRONG" now. Using the Frame data spread sheet and stuff I'm trying to find more reliable ways to either get damage or trap my opponents but I just feel it's something I'ma have to keep trying and doing until it's muscle memory. I mean I main characters with swords and long hitboxes, I should in theory be able to make being on the ledge a nightmare for people. : <
Not sure which smash you're talking about, but you could try shield baiting\flub bait near ledge to where they think they can punish you and be ready for it. Or force them off ledge from the underside. But it's ok I'm the same way I have to make everything muscle memory then work on optimizing it. We all get frustrated man. It just makes me fight harder.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
in smash 4 i just dont try to reactively punish anything anymore, the game is unfriendly to that playstyle it seems. I basically just make guesses, if i'm wrong i'm wrong. either that or specifically bait the enemy to do something i want to do.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
At Least you didn't get knocked out by an 11 year old.

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
Alright everyone big announcement here, I posted earlier that I need to be told if you're bringing a setup, and basically everyone said it was melee or PM. If we can't acquire an adequate number of setups, adequate being more than 6, or sm4sh registrants bring THEIR OWN 3DS, we may have to cancel Sm4sh. I really wanna have Sm4sh here but none of us wanna be there way late because we only had 3 or 4 setups. If this does end up happening then the time slot will be replaced with some sort of just for fun event. If I don't have a count by Thursday then it's gonna be cancelled.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Wow, hit with that sudden realization that the two events on Sat aren't both in Tuscaloosa. Can't believe that for the past 6 months I'm just now seeing that Idagamer is TRUSSVILLE instead of Tuscaloosa. Damn T cities

Flame Blade 2

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
FIRE#119
NNID
Flame_Blade_2
3DS FC
5473-0513-9540
Wow, hit with that sudden realization that the two events on Sat aren't both in Tuscaloosa. Can't believe that for the past 6 months I'm just now seeing that Idagamer is TRUSSVILLE instead of Tuscaloosa. Damn T cities
I wouldn't recommend the Trussville tournaments over the Tuscaloosa ones, and I'm not just saying that because I live here.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
im in cullman here me and my friends host smaller tourneys all the time. we are looking to get into a competitive scene around here. any ideas where in alabama?
Welcome to the boards man, feel free to share your Cullman events here on the boards
http://smashboards.com/forums/tournament-listings.51/?prefix_id=2

And on the Alabama Smash League group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/alabamasmashleague/

As for trying to branch out into the competitive scene, I'd certainly give HASL fests a look since it seems to be the closet event to you. Check out the Smashboards post here
http://smashboards.com/threads/jan-...sh-wiiu-melee-project-m-huntsville-al.377664/
** Note!: Moogle is a little slow on the update, yes shame on you, Kupo. The next event is scheduled for FEB/21/2015

And the HASL fb page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Huntsville-Area-Smash-League/1478466542404169

Bring your friends, get a chance to make some new ones while having a great time in smash. Hope to see you around~

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
For Cullman your closest bet is Huntsville. Like it's already been said, next tourney is on the 21st and 2 weeks later we will be hosting Charger Con which will be a 2 day event. If you wanna come check out the venue we play Wednesday starting at about 7 pm on the UAH campus at the Charger Union.

HsvASL

Smash Cadet
im in cullman here me and my friends host smaller tourneys all the time. we are looking to get into a competitive scene around here. any ideas where in alabama?
Welcome to the Alabama Smash League! There are plenty of events around the state!

We'd love to see you at our events! We just posted our February event on Facebook and we also will be hosting all the Smash action at ChargerCon (which is an annual gaming convention in Huntsville - so there is more than Smash there)

February 21st we'll start the day at 12PM with Melee Singles - followed by Project M Doubles at 3PM and wrapping up the day with Smash 4 Wii U Singles at 6PM! And of course we'll be streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/hsvasl

We don't have all the details for ChargerCon ready - but it will be our first 1.5 day event! So we'll start Friday at noon and continue through until late night Saturday. It's going to be a blast!

Here are the VODs from our last tournament too.
Wii U - http://bit.ly/haslfest4-wiiu
Melee - http://bit.ly/haslfest4-melee
PM - http://bit.ly/haslfest4-pm

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
This is the last call, if we don't have 6 confirmed setups for Smash 4 then we're gonna have to cancel it, UNLESS THE DAY OF, we have enough. Please confirm them now or there'll be a risk of it being cancelled, thank you very much

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
As I said yesterday, Smash 4 is being cancelled for BIO 6 UNLESS, the day of there happens to be enough setups. If it stays cancelled then we're going to do a PM free for all stamina mode tournament in it's place

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
rip

We gotta step it up for the sm4sh scene. But tbh first we should solve the issue of scheduling events on the same days as other areas. Monthlies kinda make that difficult.

Top Bottom