• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Yes, I can certainly see your point, T1J. I was speaking in another sense of the word "dead." I was referring more strictly to our local scene in AL/GA and whether there was enough interest to keep hosting Brawl tournaments.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
@Kalm, there is a picture of a Ness and Dark Pit Amiibo, among others, on a work bench at Sora from many months back, way before the figures were confirmed to be Amiibos.
Those figurines weren't Amiibos. They were Figma figurines. And that Ness figurine was from a TOMY set (I ordered the Earthbound set a few weeks ago as they brought it back for sale).

EDIT: Here's the listing for Dark Pit. **** is expensive! But so cool! http://www.amazon.com/Figma-Kid-Icarus-Uprising-Black/dp/B00AQQGSQS

Last edited:

moogle

Smash Ace
So I thought about adding something to the first post like:

-------------------------------
Active Smash Groups
City -- Games -- Point of Contact
Huntsville -- Melee -- moogle
Huntsville -- PM/Brawl -- Spade

Do people like this idea? Got more groups to add? Ideas on formatting? Does anyone look at the first post of this thread?

Last edited:

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
I look at the front page from time to time & I think it's a good idea. Seems like that would be a more useful reference than the current giant player list, which is scary and probably impossible to get/keep back up to date.

I would say that it would be helpful to list more info than just a link to their smashboards profile too. Like skype or facebook or cell number. What do you think?

You can add me for Mobile all and probably PrinceAlias for Auburn pm/brawl.

Last edited:

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I think that's a good idea. I think it would also be a good idea to include recurring meetups. Auburn meets every Friday night at the student center for Button Masher's Anonymous, where they play a lot of Smash. You'll have to ask Alias about what time they start. Huntsville meets at the UAHuntsville ChargerUnion every Wednesday and Saturday night from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. to play.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
I'm confused, how does working until the day before the tournament prevent you from going?
If I didn't work on Friday, I'd be in Huntsville on Friday and I could Carpool to the Tourney. I'll be moving into the dorm on Saturday so I can't go to the tourney.

moogle

Smash Ace
I decided to go with a spoiler format, like:
Regular meetups: Wednesday nights, 6pm to 11pm.
Contact moogle moogle for more info.
It's nice and condensed like this. Look at the first post for all the smash groups I have so far. If you're a point of contact, let me know if you want to add/change any info for your smash group.
I would say that it would be helpful to list more info than just a link to their smashboards profile too. Like skype or facebook or cell number. What do you think?
I'll leave it up to each person to decide if they want their Facebook, cell#, etc. in the first post if they're a point of contact. All my PM's, visitor messages, etc on Smashboards get emailed to me, so I'll see them quickly.
I think it would also be a good idea to include recurring meetups.
Done!

I appreciate the info, Met and Cam. Any more Alabama smash groups that want to be added?

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
I decided to go with a spoiler format, like:
Regular meetups: Wednesday nights, 6pm to 11pm.
Contact moogle moogle for more info.
It's nice and condensed like this. Look at the first post for all the smash groups I have so far. If you're a point of contact, let me know if you want to add/change any info for your smash group.
I'll leave it up to each person to decide if they want their Facebook, cell#, etc. in the first post if they're a point of contact. All my PM's, visitor messages, etc on Smashboards get emailed to me, so I'll see them quickly.
Done!

I appreciate the info, Met and Cam. Any more Alabama smash groups that want to be added?
Hey there Moogle. Could you add me for the UA/Tuscaloosa scene? Relevant phone number is 985-789-5294, and meeting location/days are TBD.

Last edited:

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
You know what I hate?

When new Sm4sh gameplay comes out and everybody jumps to ****in conclusions about how the game is gonna be played. That's really ****ing annoying. Esp with literally the most tadpole-ish amount of sample sizes.

But I guess Smashers will Smash.

Last edited:

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Hey guys, did you see that Comic Con tournament yesterday? I can't believe they made Bowser top tier lol. I'll see you all in the 20XX Koopa ditto top 8 rofl.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I enjoyed the tournament a lot. Maybe I got lucky, but everyone I played seemed to know how to play at least somewhat, so I had a lot of fun there. I'm not going to that other tournament today though, 10 dollar door fee on a monday is just not going to happen.

As for brawl tournaments Cam, I'm probably never going to one again unless the main event is melee, PM, or smash 4. And even then I'm probably not entering.

Also having a tournament at a bar was interesting, drinking a little bit definitely takes away the overly cautious playstyle I develop from nervousness at every tournament.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Is there an actual thread for the tournament or just a page showing the results? I'm not familiar with the new smashboards stuff.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
There needs to be some montgomery tournaments if we're going to combine south and North Alabama. I'd like to go to more tournaments, but not if I have to drive 4 1/2 hours. I'd probably just go to all the ATL tournaments instead.

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
There needs to be some montgomery tournaments if we're going to combine south and North Alabama. I'd like to go to more tournaments, but not if I have to drive 4 1/2 hours. I'd probably just go to all the ATL tournaments instead.
We're going to be starting monthlies in Tuscaloosa if all goes according to plan.

OrangeEnvelope

Smash Apprentice
Alright, Montgomery is now doing bi weekly $5 brackets starting this Saturday. Get everyone you know and their kid brother to come play melee!!, PM, and 64! (if people bring setups). Auburn, Birmingham, Mobile please come hang out and bop my Falco. @imrai is seriously working so hard for the central Al scene to get bigger.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
If there isnt one already, make a facebook event/page and smashboards thread.

If there is, post links and get people to invite others.

Last edited:

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
How did the Press Start tournament go?
pretty good, 25 entrants. almost entirely locals think?I think a lot of the entrants were people that just happened to be there. but a good showing for not really advertising very much. results were 1. george 2. crimsonsun 3. t1j

Last edited:

Pr0t0

Smash Rookie
pretty good, 25 entrants. almost entirely locals think?I think a lot of the entrants were people that just happened to be there. but a good showing for not really advertising very much. results were 1. george 2. crimsonsun 3. t1j
Not bad at all. I may make my way there next time.

OrangeEnvelope

Smash Apprentice
Dang I'm so salty right now. Not only am I leaving New York A DAY BEFORE ZENITH, I can't even make my own city's 1st biweekly tournament! Dx
Well, I thought we were just gonna invite everyone for a $5 bracket for fun, but Tyler wanted to make it official. But it's not even a venue yet, so don't be too upset. :(

Top Bottom