• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
that true. but offensive gameplay is way more hype, way more fun to watch (and arguably, to play), and way more appealing to outsiders

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Lol it's gonna the same Brawl with more characters and better graphics. They aren't gonna change anything to stray away from the target audience of 10 year olds who have friends coming over for a sleepover.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
There's that one Irish themed bar on Richard Airington that has a Killer Instinct consol, have u ever seen that, Kev? lol

I forgot arcades are a thing of the past. Either that or they basically look like a Cici's Pizza arcade now minus Cruisin' Round Da World. sad sad.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Houston girls love da way it goes dowwwnnnn
At-lanta girls love da way it goes dowwwn
Vegass girls love da way it goes down

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
yeah it probably wouldn't work against good players.
i've found that people get hit by side-b just randomly sometimes, I think people misjudge how far it travel

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
They're too busy outprioritizing his other **** with dashdance -> shuffled N-Air. :p

What does work against good players is dashdancing into a D-Smash. That would also set up for the stuff you want to make happen.

MilesWC7

Smash Rookie
haha my computer is absolute garbage now. will have to wait on that. need some montgomery people to practice with since there's a birmingham tourney coming up and i dont wanna suck balls then

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
That sucks. I wish I could make it down to Montgomery.

If anyone ever wants to Melee online with Dolphin netplay, hit me up.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
if anyone ever wants to play brawl online hmu lol

i think im gonna start doing it again. there's not much to do in the center of this state.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I now own the version of 1on1 Government that lets you do 2 on 2 matches. Anyone going to Top Games on the 20th should get on it. The problem is that I don't know where my PlayStation multitap is.

Edit: Tentative EVO Pools are up. I don't know who all from the Huntsville crew is going, but Andy drew pool B59. Eggz is on the other side of it. Wreck his face, Andy.

Edit 2: j00t is in B64 with Fly Amanita and Cort. Chad is in F60 with I don't recognize anyone. Kick ass, guys, seriously.

j00t

Smash Champion
I now own the version of 1on1 Government that lets you do 2 on 2 matches. Anyone going to Top Games on the 20th should get on it. The problem is that I don't know where my PlayStation multitap is.

Edit: Tentative EVO Pools are up. I don't know who all from the Huntsville crew is going, but Andy drew pool B59. Eggz is on the other side of it. Wreck his face, Andy.

Edit 2: j00t is in B64 with Fly Amanita and Cort. Chad is in F60 with I don't recognize anyone. Kick ***, guys, seriously.

Andy now has Wobbles, Eggz and Wizzrobe in his pool. Chad has Ice. I have Fly Amanita and Stricnyn3.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Gah. Wish I could go. I've driven through Vegas twice now on my vacation, but I won't be anywhere near it during EVO.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
ive kinda started doing some MMA work and like

knowing how to play fighting games actually helps alot LOL, it's not that weird if you think about because they are based off of real fight scenarios I would assume. It's weird how much they end up helping me in though i mean, they definitely toughen your mentality. sounds crazy to say.

also weird how many irl fighting terms people use in fighting games also. i mean, i said it before, it makes sense.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Ideally, they'll understand that unhittable grab Pikmin that go twice as long as any grab should with little lag is a broken concept. Stuff like ridiculous U-Smash pales in comparison to how incredibly safe his grab is.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Obnoxious range, autocombo/KO move, zero risk, zero thought. Basically never a reason not to use it (intelligently).

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
it doesnt matter if there's no grab armor if your opponent can't punish it :/
I hope olimar gets a serious revamp, just thinking of a buffed, similar-to-brawl olimar makes me shudder.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i just think the character should be a little more thoughtful, rather than "point your stick in the direction of your character" and "pivot grab anytime someone comes near you"
but i suppose brawl has several mindless characters like that

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
i just think the character should be a little more thoughtful, rather than "point your stick in the direction of your character" and "pivot grab anytime someone comes near you"
but i suppose brawl has several mindless characters like that
That's true, but I think Olimar is the most egregious case of it. It was very degenerative.

so like what happened with melee and that event?

They got a ton of publicity and hype. An Ice Climbers player got second over M2K, Armada, Dr. Peepee, and Hungrybox, which is unheard of at such an event.

j00t

Smash Champion
I hope this actually makes Nintendo aware that there is a huge amount of interest for melee, and for a quality successor to melee as well.

Top Bottom