• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

mslano

Smash Journeyman
I like when people counterpick Mute City against me! That means I get to play a Peach ditto!

Also, though I haven't seen George's schedule for Friday, the tentative plan is to leave Hoover early to mid afternoon and drive straight through to Memphis. I've yet to figure out where we'll go before the Pizza Inn closes, but I'm sure there will be options available for places to hang out until then.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
**** once again I'm holding people back from leaving early

It takes my slow *** bus driver 30 minutes to get home, so i'll be there around 1:35 pm, <.<;; thats not too late is it?

Winnar

Smash Lord
3. We're getting housing from Winnar, right?
Wait what are you? This is news to me and I need to know if you are or not.

Right now my plan is to drive straight to Memphis from Biloxi, watch Avatar at the imax there (or anywhere along the way if there is one), go hang out at iori's I guess, then go to the tournament. The thing to take from that is that I won't be in Starkville on Friday

After the tournament I'm planning on going to Iori's, sleeping briefly, playing more smash, and probably leaving in the afternoon for my apartment in Starkville. Anyone is welcome to come with me or follow me or show up at my apartment in Starkville Saturday night.

PM me for my phone number, anyone who is interested. I'd love to have you there.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
The tournament runs from Friday night to Saturday morning. We'll find a place to stay in the area for a bit, then leave around noon to get back to Hoover before 5:00, as per George's request.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
mute city is a dumb stage
as is green greens

also when is this anime convention?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
The tournament runs from Friday night to Saturday morning. We'll find a place to stay in the area for a bit, then leave around noon to get back to Hoover before 5:00, as per George's request.
Like a hotel? <.<;; I'm not sure if I can get that much money saved up before Friday I'll try.

I'm really pumped for this for some odd reason.

Edit:
and now i'm really upset, the time has gotten closer and my Mom has had second thoughts, she's not letting me go because "If something were to happen I wouldn't know what to do, if you had a parent with you I'd probably consider it"

But yesterday it was "Ok just don't do anything that will get you hurt"

btw I was just told I will never be able to attend an OOS event until I move out for college.

fml

Winnar

Smash Lord
Like a hotel? <.<;; I'm not sure if I can get that much money saved up before Friday I'll try.

I'm really pumped for this for some odd reason.

Edit:
and now i'm really upset, the time has gotten closer and my Mom has had second thoughts, she's not letting me go because "If something were to happen I wouldn't know what to do, if you had a parent with you I'd probably consider it"

But yesterday it was "Ok just don't do anything that will get you hurt"

btw I was just told I will never be able to attend an OOS event until I move out for college.

fml
Probably not a hotel.

Tell her you appreciate her concern, but that it is completely unwarranted.

What does she think we're going to do? We're gamers mourning the loss of a great friend by playing video games through the night.

We're playing video games.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I dunno man I really don't

The smash community isn't full of ******* like Xbox live, I don't know a person in our smash scene thats a **** or pain in the ***. I mean, I may be one of the younger smashers compared to everyone else in Bama but it isn't by much at all.

The problem is that she does NOT like me leaving the house, and I wouldn't be as near as upset as I am if she would have told me no LAST week instead of today. Now people are most likely going to have to pay more for gas if noone can fill my spot in Mslano's carpool and I feel so guilty about it.

Oh and Jason can you stop by Thursday? I need to transport something for me I don't trust the mailing system lol

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
there is at least 1 disruptive attitude/pain in the *** person per state, usually.

whabout this convention though?

Winnar

Smash Lord

The smash community isn't full of ******* like Xbox live, I don't know a person in our smash scene thats a **** or pain in the ***. I mean, I may be one of the younger smashers compared to everyone else in Bama but it isn't by much at all.

The problem is that she does NOT like me leaving the house, and I wouldn't be as near as upset as I am if she would have told me no LAST week instead of today. Now people are most likely going to have to pay more for gas if noone can fill my spot in Mslano's carpool and I feel so guilty about it.

Oh and Jason can you stop by Thursday? I need to transport something for me I don't trust the mailing system lol
I wouldn't worry about that, we all understand if you can't make it (especially if it's out of your control). Don't feel guilty dude D:

lol US mail

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
@Kola: Yeah, I'll show up Thursday to pick up 'the package' and maybe I could help convince your mom to let you come with us, unless she doesn't like me. In which case, I might make things worse...

And I think I know what 'the package' is, but I find it a lot more fun to call it 'the package' than Winnar's SD card.

And Xbox Live isn't full of *******. Just Halo. :p

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I may still have a shot at this

I need:
To find the number to the venue
Figure out what our housing plan is
Have contact numbers from Mslano/Jason

and the rest of it I'll figure out on my own :p

Sorry guys I didn't mean to put you through this

shaSLAM

Smash Lord

i always thought i was the disruptive ******* for the state.
im not? this is new to me.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I didn't want to post about housing people before in case it might jinx me, but it looks like I'll have a new apartment by this weekend (probably by tomorrow). So I'd be more than happy to house the AL caravan.

Also I'm really good with middle aged women (moms in particular), so if this ends up working out (again, I should know by tomorrow), Kola you can have her call me so I can assuage her fears.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I didn't want to post about housing people before in case it might jinx me, but it looks like I'll have a new apartment by this weekend (probably by tomorrow). So I'd be more than happy to house the AL caravan.

Also I'm really good with middle aged women (moms in particular), so if this ends up working out (again, I should know by tomorrow), Kola you can have her call me so I can assuage her fears.
This could help!

Would it be ok if I got this information along with a name perhaps via PM?

Thanks alot everyone o: I hope this works out, and if I do go and everything ends up being alright, I'm going to put money on it that I'll have more freedom to do more stuff OOS.

:]

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
This could help!

Would it be ok if I got this information along with a name perhaps via PM?

Thanks alot everyone o: I hope this works out, and if I do go and everything ends up being alright, I'm going to put money on it that I'll have more freedom to do more stuff OOS.

:]
As soon as I know for sure that I'll be able to do this (should be tomorrow evening), I'll PM you the address/phone number/real name.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Awesome
thanks again

in the mean time
Guys we should plan something big this summer for AL, something big enough to attract alot of great ATL south players.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Kola, I could meet your mom and talk to her if that will help. My number is 205 807 4158, so she can have that if she needs to reach us.

Also, anyone interested in playing Melee tomorrow night (7 or 8, whenever I finish eating dinner). I'll be playing with Lake from BCS and if other people are interested in playing, we'll play at my house. Otherwise, I'll just head over to BCS and play, so let me know so I can plan accordingly.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I'll keep that in mind
btw something she's wondering is what kind of car we're driving in
for gas estimations and just to make her feel better.
IMO the car is a car but yea

mslano

Smash Journeyman
The car is a 2001 Kia Rio. It gets pretty good gas mileage (25-30 mpg, as I recall - I don't calculate it much) and seats 4 comfortably. It also has a surprisingly spacious trunk. It does not have power locks or power windows, but those are frivolous.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Also, anyone interested in playing Melee tomorrow night (7 or 8, whenever I finish eating dinner). I'll be playing with Lake from BCS and if other people are interested in playing, we'll play at my house. Otherwise, I'll just head over to BCS and play, so let me know so I can plan accordingly.
If that means today, then yes.

I'm really good with middle aged women.
lol

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Yeah yeah, I knew I was setting myself up for anything there. But really, they just seem to like/trust me, whether it be teachers, moms, my parents' friends, etc.
I'm the same way. All my friends' parents love me.

Also, people can show up at my house at 8:00 for Melee.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
January 23rd Arcade Stixx
Jason will probably host one then too

And if you also do one then thats going to be one active month!

I mean that'd be a couple shy of being the same amount as this season.

Edit: K slano, facts are pretty much filled out now
Gotta wait on Zane's pm on contact info then I can show my parents how involved everyone is wanting to be.

If this doesn't work then :l she lied

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Yeah, we're probably going to host it Jan 30. If that turns out to be the same day as another tournament, then we'll probably host it early Feb.

Top Bottom