• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

j00t

Smash Champion
I'm gonna talk with the President of SMG next week to see if we can split the club into two sections: The Halo 2 Team and the SSBM Team. I'm also gonna try to get him to make me and Moogle the coordinators of the SSBM team. (Iono if they would let people who don't go to UAH become a coordinator/team leader/whatever though) But yeah, hopefully then I will be able to get some tournaments happening around here. We definitely need to get Huntsville on the map.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Hiya guys... i havent posted anything on here in quite sometime so i figured i'd leave a post.

I see that we have some new smashers coming out of the woodworks again ( kinda like what happened at START ).

@Moogle - Yea Scrappy doesnt have a name on here cause he really doesnt want too, so he wont be posting on here at all ( but he still plays from time to time ).

Cant really think of anything else to say other then " Welcome " to the new smashers.

Beeswarm17

Smash Cadet
Anybody up in Huntsville playing smash this weekend? I've got a wide open weekend since it's the beginning of the semester. I'm playing Thief tomorrow, so maybe I won't be too rusty (pretty sure thief would knock the rust off me pretty quick, though). Also, are those Wednesday night things the weeklies you're talking about? or are there more?

j00t

Smash Champion
I'm up to play smash any time. And the "Wednesday night thing" Is the weekly that me and Moogle are talking about. The thing is run by SMG (Society of Multiplayer Gaming), a club at the University of Alabama in Huntsville. I can give you a ride if we meet somewhere close to the university. Or I can give you directions. Just PM me or Moogle for more information.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Sweetness, im glad someone is trying to get some weekly thing going on in Alabama so that ill actaully have a reason for playing again.

@JWT2k6 - whenever you guys get the weekly thing setup i'd like to have a G&W ditto cause i wanna see how other people use him. I played Sensai at START with my G&W and dint do to bad ( atleast Sensai said i had a nice Watch ).

j00t

Smash Champion
Lol, I haven't played G&W for so long. You'll probably annihilate me in a doppleganger match. But yeah, it's every Wednesday night from 8 to 12 at the NCRH in UAH. PersaCon 2007 is also going to be held at the Tom Bevill Center in UAH, if you want to attend that. If they don't have a SSBM tournament, I won't be there, however. :p

But if you want to PM me i'll tell you how I play G&W.

Sensai

Smash Master
Jeah. I love G/W players..just a breath of fresh air.

Tarnish, is there going to be a SS2? Or am I just holding my breath for that?

Beeswarm, I'm up for it.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
@Sensai - Man you have no idea how much i want a START 2, but...i dont know when another one is ganna happen. If another one does happen it will most likely be during summer so it would alot easier on people to travel and no school for certain people.

I also registered Sensai and Moogle on my Wii so get my number too.

Whenever you get around to it Moogle change my characters to Shiek and G&W, also put Scrappy's as Falco and Luigi.

Thanks

Beeswarm17

Smash Cadet
Sensai, if you want, I can head up there this weekend anytime. I got some practice time with Thief today, so I got rid of a bit of the rust. A couple hours isn't that bad for me. Let me know how to get up there and I will.

Sensai

Smash Master
I'mma get Moogle to look at this thread. He's better with all this then I am (I blow with directions). We can meet up at his house or some such non-sense. Maybe. If he's cool with it.

j00t

Smash Champion
Good news. I found another player to come to our new smashfest on Wednesdays. His name is Alex and he is well-rounded with everyone. We've been playing all night pretty much, and think currently he is either at, around, or a little bit above Sensai's level. (no offense bro)

So yeah, if he comes next week we'll have 4 people. You guys in Huntsville better come or i'll have to hurt you. With a bat.

moogle

Smash Ace
Beeswarm+Anyone: I think anytime this weekend is fine for smash at my house. I'll go ahead and propose Saturday, at like 6:30PM. Beeswarm, I'll PM you my address and stuff. Anyone else, just ask me. I'll be checking smashboards throughout the day.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Sorry guys cant come to the 1st one cause Scrappy is out of town on a business trip. Hopefully we can come to the next one, cause i would really like to and im sure he would too.

Sensai

Smash Master
Alright, no worries Tarnish. S'all gravy.

And JWT, no offense taken. I'm interested in playing this guy and regaining your respect :-D.

6.30 it is. I'll be there.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Alright let me get some things straight just to be sure.

1. Are the Bi-weekly's ganna be like the INN Bi-weekly's or something different ?

2. The weekly's are ganna be held at the University of Alabama or some other place ?

3. What time are you guys going for when the weekly's start ?

4. Are you ganna start a Thread for the weekly's for us to post on ?

Cant really think of anything else to ask and clear up so post when you can so i can get this info to Scrappy.

j00t

Smash Champion
The weeklys are held at the North Campus Residence Hall at the University of Alabama in Huntsville, on Wednesdays at 8:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. And I might start a thread on this individually so we can get some feedback.

All it is is a club that has a one-week gathering to play a bunch of multiplayer games. Ironically, the only two video games that anyone cares about is Halo 2 and Super Smash Brothers Melee. So i'll talk with the president of SMG to make me the coordinator of creating tournaments for SSBM. I'm not as good as Moogle, but let's face it: I'm the only one that I know of that attends UAH and I know the most about SMG. :p

To answer question 3, the weeklys at UAH started last Wednesday, when me and Moogle and Sensai met up and just played the game. And it's from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. (as previously mentioned.)

If you have any other questions then just ask. Just remember, I won't be organizing any tournaments until I talk with the president of SMG. He'll probably deny me, but w/e. Just as long as we get some tournaments going on around here.

Sensai

Smash Master
That's UAH, for those of you who didn't put that together.

And they're not like INN's biweekly's. These aren't tourneys; they're just getting together and smashing.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Alright thanks for your answers, thats explains the basic's of what i need to know. When Scrappy gets back hopefully we'll be able to come to some of them now.

j00t

Smash Champion
Think of it as a crew. Of course it isn't a crew until we get more people!

j00t

Smash Champion
I'll be sure to remember. And I am going to write an individual thread for the SMG weeklies sometime today or tomorrow. I can't even practice with college and homework 5 days a week. :p

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Yo, Beeswarm17: Hope you can still make it to my biweekly coming up this Saturday, I was kinda lookinf forward to playing you.

Sensai

Smash Master
Beware Beeswarm's incredible luck in pulling up all things Stitch-face, bomb-omb, beam sword, and Mr. Saturn.

Seriously...I'm pretty sure that in the first 15 minutes of play, he pulled up 5 Stitch's.

Beeswarm17

Smash Cadet
Beware Beeswarm's incredible luck in pulling up all things Stitch-face, bomb-omb, beam sword, and Mr. Saturn.

Seriously...I'm pretty sure that in the first 15 minutes of play, he pulled up 5 Stitch's.
Yeah, that was pretty ridiculous. I think I pulled two up in one match before. Sensai was hurting after that. :) I also fully understand what "travel shock" feels like. I could have done much better last weekend. :dizzy: Ah, well.

And Rag: Are the biweeklies always at your house, or does the location alternate between two spots? I thought I saw something about that. Maybe I just misread a post. And what time does everything start, anyway?

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
no darkrain ***** peaches..... no peach is better than him..... well maybe wife but that is for other reasons...... and ken and mike g. no way.... mike g pulls a death turnip every stock (yes he is to that level), and ken pulls death turnips with marth that are invisible soooo to the naked eye u would think that u were better but think again.

J.rudolph

Smash Apprentice
none of you can compare to the AWESOME power, mindgames, just ****ing confusion ,that the one and only LKP1 Aka SmasHKinG the best **** roy, doc mario, and magneto in the south

oh and by the way i found a way to play smash online if no allready no's it.
its kinda like using xbox tunnel if any one has heard of that . this link should work

fuzziqersoftware.com/files/downloads.html

hope to see you all at the tournament

j00t

Smash Champion
Of course I am. I'll be waiting for you in the building, so call me and I will open the door for you. I think Moogle has my cell number. :p

Top Bottom