• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
So I may have the option of having the first Saturday off from drill in February. We got an event that day to help me decide?

Doc_Pickle

Smash Apprentice
So I may have the option of having the first Saturday off from drill in February. We got an event that day to help me decide?
Bio 11 in Tuscaloosa.

With the potential inclement weather, it sounds like getting to hasl will be a real...hassle.

'V'

Smash Lord

Zoma

Smash Journeyman
Huntsville, baby, I'm sorry I can't make it this time. I'll make it up to you. We'll go for some victory steak n shake next time and it'll be like we were never apart.

XOXOXOXO

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Ey Josh, I'm calling dibs on splitting hotel costs for WTFox2 hella early. So no backing out and saying you can't go.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Hey, I'm relatively new to Alabama. Just moved here from Florida a few months ago last year. Anyways I may be going to some events some time this spring break and summer, I'm a Link main who has played against high ranking players/Link mains being Dumbfire, Catpuke, ect (whom are arguably better than Izaw). I play a lot of online these days to get better (screw FG though) since I can't find the time to compete, but it seems to suffice. I'll try anything to get better, really, and I'm aiming to get a top player status with Link some day (which is one reason why I'm moving up to NJ after I graduate high school next year). Hopefully I can level up here a bit though. I don't have my Wii U atm though and I probably won't be getting it back soon, but if you're curious to see what it's like against a good Link then it wouldn't hurt to add me especially since we're in the same state. Nice to meet you guys.

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Well thanks for sharing and welcome to the thread. We mainly play offline for sm4sh but if I find myself with time on my hands I'll do some Wi-Fi with you when I get back in February.

Also if you're wanting to get out to tournaments in the area but your issue is lack of transportation we might be able to help depending on your area. Hope to see ya around and good luck in your journey to become a formidable/best Link

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Well thanks for sharing and welcome to the thread. We mainly play offline for sm4sh but if I find myself with time on my hands I'll do some Wi-Fi with you when I get back in February.

Also if you're wanting to get out to tournaments in the area but your issue is lack of transportation we might be able to help depending on your area. Hope to see ya around and good luck in your journey to become a formidable/best Link
Thanks mate, I appreciate it. Transportation is the main issue, yes. I'll let you know whenever I'm up for the carpool. Just don't try to lure me into a van with candy to chop me to bits lol.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Noted dood, keep us updated.

Hey Mobile, is it Pensacola's turn for the tournament in Feb or are you guys doing it? Either way what will be the date?

rolfcopter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BabySteps
Noted dood, keep us updated.

Hey Mobile, is it Pensacola's turn for the tournament in Feb or are you guys doing it? Either way what will be the date?
Mobile always has their tournament second Saturday of the month now. They don't take turns with pcola anymore. If ur lookin for a good time tho I would def look into McMansion 7 in March

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Oh all right, making tentative plans for that event too then. Though it may just be me for the small sm4sh event. Are you meaning on the 6th(Sunday) for the McMansion event?

Izaw

Smash Ace
Hey, I'm relatively new to Alabama. Just moved here from Florida a few months ago last year. Anyways I may be going to some events some time this spring break and summer, I'm a Link main who has played against high ranking players/Link mains being Dumbfire, Catpuke, ect (whom are arguably better than Izaw). I play a lot of online these days to get better (screw FG though) since I can't find the time to compete, but it seems to suffice. I'll try anything to get better, really, and I'm aiming to get a top player status with Link some day (which is one reason why I'm moving up to NJ after I graduate high school next year). Hopefully I can level up here a bit though. I don't have my Wii U atm though and I probably won't be getting it back soon, but if you're curious to see what it's like against a good Link then it wouldn't hurt to add me especially since we're in the same state. Nice to meet you guys.
LoL

Call me when these guys win a MM vs Zero

Or go America and face some real competition

Or beat Kirinblaze

Or Scizor

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
LoL

Call me when these guys win a MM vs Zero

Or go America and face some real competition

Or beat Kirinblaze

Or Scizor
Ha ha, should've known you'd show up. I wish I could do all those things but it's just not in the cards atm (unless I can play these guys on wifi with a good enough connection, more than likely not). All I've got going for me atm is wifi and the Alabama scene (and maybe Georgia). And I said I play them not that I beat them lol. I get my ass handed to me every time, which is awesome but I can't get enough practice with people like them so that I can get better. I guess Smash Ladder is alright but it's still not the same as offline. Congrats on that ZeRo MM victory lol. Didn't you just Link ditto that set?

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I did, his choice, he wanted to MM and he was confident in his Link I guess. I didn't ask for any of it XD

I'm sorry.. who ?
So did you wreck him? As far as what I've seen, his Link is kinda booty. Upload more Link play sometime dude, everyone would love to see how you perform this patch. That match against Staticmany doesn't show what you're capable of. Too bad that's all the footage they uploaded of you, and Link play at Genesis 3 in general.

Last edited:

MegahogX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegahogX
Ha ha, should've known you'd show up. I wish I could do all those things but it's just not in the cards atm (unless I can play these guys on wifi with a good enough connection, more than likely not). All I've got going for me atm is wifi and the Alabama scene (and maybe Georgia). And I said I play them not that I beat them lol. I get my *** handed to me every time, which is awesome but I can't get enough practice with people like them so that I can get better. I guess Smash Ladder is alright but it's still not the same as offline. Congrats on that ZeRo MM victory lol. Didn't you just Link ditto that set?
Id be willing to play online

Top Bottom