• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Damnit Josh, I was trying to have a chill Monday.

But yes another post on the FB group could help, but do note I'm really wanting this to be on it's final stages of discussion after we get data from Birmingham Brawl.

Keet

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'd say wait up until after Birmingham Brawl when we have a chance to discuss things. And as for BIO, I'd love to go, but I can't justify it if there's no smash 4. Not about to drive out just to lose 4 games in a row.

Last edited:

Pudding009

Smash Cadet
NNID
pudding009
I might attend bio just to mess around since it's right by me but is there any chance of smash4 becoming a thing there? If so I'll be at every one.

Shenanigan

Smash Apprentice
I might attend bio just to mess around since it's right by me but is there any chance of smash4 becoming a thing there? If so I'll be at every one.
In the near future? No. Currently there are a couple of reasons we aren't running it:
  1. Lack of setups. There are (as far as I know) about three people in Tuscaloosa who play Smash 4 competitively, and I don't know whether they don't have a setup or just don't want to provide it, but last time we ran Smash 4 we had one setup.
  2. Lack of space. The venue we have reserved for the rest of fall semester is simply not big enough to run Melee, Project M, and Smash 4. This may change in the spring depending on what venue we decide to use.
We're definitely not against running Smash 4, and are looking for ways to expand to it in the future. However, we're not willing to run a subpar tournament just to say "Hey we ran Smash 4!" We'll start running it when we can make it an event worth going to.

Keet

Smash Journeyman
In the near future? No. Currently there are a couple of reasons we aren't running it:
  1. Lack of setups. There are (as far as I know) about three people in Tuscaloosa who play Smash 4 competitively, and I don't know whether they don't have a setup or just don't want to provide it, but last time we ran Smash 4 we had one setup.
  2. Lack of space. The venue we have reserved for the rest of fall semester is simply not big enough to run Melee, Project M, and Smash 4. This may change in the spring depending on what venue we decide to use.
We're definitely not against running Smash 4, and are looking for ways to expand to it in the future. However, we're not willing to run a subpar tournament just to say "Hey we ran Smash 4!" We'll start running it when we can make it an event worth going to.
Understandable. If you guys do get a larger venue and decide to take another crack at running Smash 4 let me know and if I am free that weekend I can probably get together at least two additional setups, TVs included.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
I think it's just a lot of people are new to the tourney scene and don't understand to bring set ups. I went to a tourney and the TOs refused to use additional set ups and we had to play on only the two provided set ups. And they almost used the unpatched version of the game

Pudding009

Smash Cadet
NNID
pudding009
I think it's just a lot of people are new to the tourney scene and don't understand to bring set ups. I went to a tourney and the TOs refused to use additional set ups and we had to play on only the two provided set ups. And they almost used the unpatched version of the game
Yea second and Charles is silly

.Hook

Smash Apprentice
Me and @ Child Star Child Star got second at a Smash 4 teams release tourney where they turned on items, you could pick any stage, and team attack was off (I think).

The bar is chill, though.

Last edited:

Keet

Smash Journeyman
Just looked up the brewery. Holy ****, that's awesome. Post here if they ever do another. Two of my favorite things, craft beer and smash <3

NNID
MasterIcarus7
Everybody's out playin' Smash 4 and Melee, when I'm just sitting here practicing ditto matchups for the Icarus Salty suite. Does anyone want to add on to the ISS with either a Ganon, Link, or Pit ditto? And @ Sweaters Sweaters do you know what we're doing about recording this?

Last edited:

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
Everybody's out playin' Smash 4 and Melee, when I'm just sitting here practicing ditto matchups for the Icarus Salty suite. Does anyone want to add on to the ISS with either a Ganon, Link, or Pit ditto? And @ Sweaters Sweaters do you know what we're doing about recording this?
You should rename it to Icuarus's Salty Infamous Suite.

Then the intials would be ... You know what, never mind.

Last edited:

.Hook

Smash Apprentice
Look man all Isis ever did was marry her brother and then have her sister steal her identity to seduce the war god Set but then she had to raise the baby to keep up the ruse and keep her sister out of trouble. Which I mean Set ended up killing her brother-husband later anyway and then she had to go through the trouble of fishing his body parts out of the Nile, reassembling them, then having sex with the temporarily-revived Osiris while maybe in hawk-form to birth her son who was sometimes referred to as her brother, for whatever reason.

I think it'd be a great acronym.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I Still think I've done all I can
What do I do saki. WHAT DO I DOOOOOO.
Step 1:
Go Here
http://smashboards.com/rankings/get-money-monthlies-8-22-smash-4.8183/event

Step 2:
Once an event is submitted for everyone to see, you can pop over to the rankings. You can spot the event you attended under an approved bracket or in the event queue. You can see what places are claimed and which are not. If you notice that you have not claimed your result for an event you went to, you can claim that result yourself. How is that done? Simply scroll down in the placings and find your tag, then click the claim button to the right side of the results table. Then a TO or Ranking Moderator can review it and approve your claim. Even if an event is already approved, you can claim your result and the corresponding points. Additionally in regards to characters, please inform the TO or Ranking Mod so we can add that in too. If you happen to claim for the wrong placing, contact a moderator so they can resolve the issue.
Step 3:
If Steps 1 & 2 fail, please provide a screen shot with what you're currently seeing and I'll do my best to aid you from there.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Click on link to bracket/placings.
Click on "Claim" next to name.
Confirm it's you with one more button click.

Last edited:
Top Bottom