• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

S£NPAI

Smash Apprentice
Fire emblem 6: Binding Blade is probably the most challenging. PoR is good, it's a bit easier then the rest though. I'm playing blazing sword right now

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
I am strange. I rely on f-tilt in neutral with marth, so don't think I play normally.
If f-tilt in neutral is working for you with Marth, it just means that the people you're playing aren't very good at the neutral game. It's not a move that you should be looking to incorporate long-term into your gameplay except in a few specific scenarios.

NNID
MasterIcarus7
If f-tilt in neutral is working for you with Marth, it just means that the people you're playing aren't very good at the neutral game. It's not a move that you should be looking to incorporate long-term into your gameplay except in a few specific scenarios.
I use it because f-smash punish in neutral sucks balls if you whiff it. Dash-dance grab still broken af, and rising fair is somewhat hard to counter and punish easily.

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
I use it because f-smash punish in neutral sucks balls if you whiff it. Dash-dance grab still broken af, and rising fair is somewhat hard to counter and punish easily.
F-tilt in neutral has about the same risk in neutral against people who can adeptly wavedash out of shield grab you, and I think it actually has less payoff than f-smash. Not that either is a *particularly* good idea.

S£NPAI

Smash Apprentice
I think Roy is harder to play than Marth. Marth just sort of has to wall opponents out and space correctly, and he is for the most part in control, Roy has to get in close and constantly worry about getting gimped at 60%. Marth has better matchups as well. People who still say Roy is a top 5 character in PM are pretty crazy.

Last edited:
NNID
MasterIcarus7
I think Roy is harder to play than Marth. Marth just sort of has to wall opponents out and space correctly, and he is for the most part in control, Roy has to get in close and constantly worry about getting gimped at 60%. Marth has better matchups as well. People who still say Roy is a top 5 character in PM are pretty crazy.
So in June, you would have been crazy.

S£NPAI

Smash Apprentice
Yeah but the Brawl Marth Dolphin Slash physics jank was what made him a top 5 character. His survivablity was a lot better. He's a true glass cannon character now though, which isn't bad, it just sort of makes Roy players more careful, but also less Rush down focused and more about reads.

Last edited:

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
marth sucks in project m because they gave all the low tiers he used to mollywhop super safe pressure tools, range and autocombos. some of these characters literally have more range than him, which was unheard of in melee/brawl. either that or they have some spammable projectile that autocombos into a kill move or some other such PM nonsense

Last edited:

Shenanigan

Smash Apprentice
marth sucks in project m because they gave all the low tiers he used to mollywhop super safe pressure tools, range and autocombos. some of these characters literally have more range than him, which was unheard of in melee/brawl. either that or they have some spammable projectile that autocombos into a kill move or some other such PM nonsense
Uhhh except Marth is one of the best characters in PM right now

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
TIL

Never go into a game thinking "I've beat this person already". Just for some reason thinking I'm already better than someone just makes me tilt a whole lot quicker when things go south.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
if hbox actually does move to north alabama, i'm forcing j00t to team with him so they can be the j00tb0x. then every time befroe they play someone has to give them a quarter and they have to sing the entire match.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
if hbox actually does move to north alabama, i'm forcing j00t to team with him so they can be the j00tb0x. then every time befroe they play someone has to give them a quarter and they have to sing the entire match.
There's rumors that hungrybox is moving to north AL?

Top Bottom