• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
It took nearly full game to realize what to do vs Olimar. Idk how to effectively fight him besides look at his pikman and know what he wants to do with each one and let him throw them onto you and not care

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Ike def had the better game. It got to the point where I had to force myself to finish Shadow Dragon.

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
I'm trying to get into Fire Emblem seriously since it's a solid RPG series, originally I just liked Radiant Dawn/Path of Radiance because it had Ike, but now I'm trying to get into the rest of them. Sacred Stones looks fun, then I'll probably try and find a decently priced copy of Awakening

Pudding009

Smash Cadet
NNID
pudding009
I'm trying to get into Fire Emblem seriously since it's a solid RPG series, originally I just liked Radiant Dawn/Path of Radiance because it had Ike, but now I'm trying to get into the rest of them. Sacred Stones looks fun, then I'll probably try and find a decently priced copy of Awakening
You need to play the first one to hit America it is just called fire emblem

Anime

Smash Journeyman
All the ones in America where pretty good (though I never played shadow dragon). The first one with Lynn was pretty baller, half way because of her. I also really liked the class system in sacred stones. I played a playthrough where I had about six great knights. That was hilarious.

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Awakening has a different feel but a fun game. Ignore the waifu emblem and only look forward to the Conquest chapters and you may enjoy it.

Hoping Fates will have a great story because some of the things they added makes me think the game is leaning closer to a date sim over an actual game.

All the ones in America where pretty good (though I never played shadow dragon). The first one with Lynn was pretty baller, half way because of her. I also really liked the class system in sacred stones. I played a playthrough where I had about six great knights. That was hilarious.
Bless you, but gl on playing through Shadow Dragon

Edit on top of Edits:
Anime if you're going to HASL or B'ham brawl I'll let ya borrow my copy of it.

Last edited:

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
I saw someone do a playthrough where they fought all the important characters from the different games and watched them steamroll Ike. Sigh, they totally underpowered Ike in that DLC, calling it

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Fates or Awakening? I mean starting off they're underwhelming, but with the way you can level the units in Awakening ANYONE can be a truck.

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
That's the sad part, I've only got Radiant Dawn right now and playing easy mode I felt like I was rolling over everyone, granted that was maybe because it was easy mode. But it's not as much fun just saying "Well, Ike can probably just steamroll these 4 warriors, so I can put him there" Rather than actually building a strategy like in a game of chess, which FE is much like a glorified version of that

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
If you want that in Awakening feel free to play Lunatic and Lunatic +. You'll hate life but never want to play Normal/Hard again due to it being too simplified

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
Me and Power will play you guys next tournament and we'll mop you. Also Kid Icarus I don't think you saw my question, do you want this Ike ditto to be a seriously/Exhibition or what?

NNID
MasterIcarus7
Me and Power will play you guys next tournament and we'll mop you. Also Kid Icarus I don't think you saw my question, do you want this Ike ditto to be a seriously/Exhibition or what?
Exhibition. Are we doin' this at BIO or Bham Brawl?
money match me when we're at the same tournament pls
In melee or PM. In melee I suck because I can't use c-stick for everything.

Last edited:

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
We can do whichever tournament you want, I'll be at both of them.

Rofl: I was just wondering, I'd never met you before but then I saw you were from Mobile so I guessed you didn't get to travel much since your area's so far from everything I'm at

Last edited:

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
We definitely have fun here, once school starts back we have weekly meets, usually 3 times a week. Makes me feel kinda nostalgic thinking back about the weekly meets last year

NNID
MasterIcarus7
money match me when we're at the same tournament pls
We can do whichever tournament you want, I'll be at both of them.

Rofl: I was just wondering, I'd never met you before but then I saw you were from Mobile so I guessed you didn't get to travel much since your area's so far from everything I'm at
Let's do BIO. That way it's (hopefully) streamed.

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
I'd rather do it at Birmingham, that way it's not put off. We'll be able to play on the recording setup there, it'll pretty much be the same thing. I'll cut it outta the VOD's and post it individually on my channel

NNID
MasterIcarus7
I'd rather do it at Birmingham, that way it's not put off. We'll be able to play on the recording setup there, it'll pretty much be the same thing. I'll cut it outta the VOD's and post it individually on my channel
Aight man, bham it is. Now I have to find my list of quickdraw-cancel combo starters. And grind in the lab. While still balancing Rising Thunder, Marth and Link practice, and school. Not that that will be hard, I used to only play on weekends I was so busy.

Top Bottom