• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama is Okay at Smash 2 - Melee - date=???

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
Hey what's the general interest in having another one of these tournaments and what's a good date to have it? :)

Also, I'll actually be there this time. I'm free most of July. I will edit this as the interest develops and the date solidifies.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I'd come, as I'm sure so will the rest of my area.

Depends on it is though. Not during Genesis, please. =)

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I'll come to this, but the 3rd or 4th week of july would be perfect for me. And i could get some florida guys to come to.

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
Okay, post if you think you can go on there dates:
June 27th
July 18th
July 25th

I don't know if I could get it reserved on the 4th, it being a holiday. Genesis is the next weekend, leaving these dates.

Handorin

Smash Hero
June 27th is 2 days after we back from Event 52, so it will be hard for me to get off + I should work anyways.

July 18th is relatively close to Genesis. I could probably get off work, but after spending hundreds of dollars on a tournament, I want more time to make money.

July 25th sounds ok in my head. I can't think of any reason why I can't go right now.

j00t

Smash Champion
with a miniature brawl side tourny it may be possible to attract more people to the melee scene, which is overall good =D

dont worry though, it wont attract any melee people to the brawl scene :laugh:
I'd rather have a low-tier side tourney though :(

Ruse

Fox
I don't know why people who play a sequel to a game that shares the same community openly bash it, its players, etc. It's pretty lame and a waste of time, and a lot of people play both (or all three games). I play Melee for fun, and don't go to Melee only tournaments, but will enter Melee if it's the side/main event (and if Brawl is present.. obviously).

You can say Brawl is a joke and all when you go beat your top ranking Brawl player (Reflex).

j00t

Smash Champion
I don't know why people who play a sequel to a game that shares the same community openly bash it, its players, etc. It's pretty lame and a waste of time, and a lot of people play both (or all three games). I play Melee for fun, and don't go to Melee only tournaments, but will enter Melee if it's the side/main event (and if Brawl is present.. obviously).

You can say Brawl is a joke and all when you go beat your top ranking Brawl player (Reflex).
If I can't beat Reflex in Melee, why would I even try to beat him in Brawl (the game that he specializes in) >_>;

Wouldn't it be kinda wierd to have Melee as a main event w/ Brawl as a side event? Doesn't make sense to me.

Also, it's a person playing a prequel bashing people who play its sequel.

-Chad-

Slackerator
Brawl on the side, sure. But I don't really want to take any time away from Melee events with it if it can be helped however... I'm coming for Melee : X

I don't go to Brawl tournaments (I went to KO's) and demand that they hold a Melee side tournament (despite KO actually going to hold a Melee event at the next one yay).

Will_

Smash Journeyman
lol <3 u too, even if you play G&W.

I'm down for brawl side only if it doesn't take away from the main event(s). Like me and a few other players could bring our own setups that we could dedicate for the side tourney so it won't detract from the melee tables.

-Chad-

Slackerator
lol <3 u too, even if you play G&W.

I'm down for brawl side only if it doesn't take away from the main event(s). Like me and a few other players could bring our own setups that we could dedicate for the side tourney so it won't detract from the melee tables.
Well I mean if you did that you'd probably have as many setups as melee would there :laugh: I remember there being very few tvs last time (and not a whole lot of people).

It's whatev...if more people will come that's cool.

Hell I'll do brawl mm's... cept not against Will_ cause he's just too good. (unless you'll mm me at meleeeee)

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
I will permit one TV with brawl but nothing more. Also, that TV must be the smallest TV available.

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
looking likely to be the 27th unless people start asking for another date.

edit: if you'd rather play brawl, check out Janitor's tournament in June.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b

When blocking makes it so you almost cannot approach because of how lopsided shield stun is vs lag on attacks, then yes you can make fun of the game.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
When blocking makes it so you almost cannot approach because of how lopsided shield stun is vs lag on attacks, then yes you can make fun of the game.
Dude when are coming to play freindlies or i can come to ms. Its not a problem.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
its weird how often you criticize ppl for making ******** melee comments when..ahh nevermind

anyway is this still happening and has a date been established?

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
yeah, it is. sorry, i'm just still deciding when i want the date to be, but it's likely that last weekend in July.

Top Bottom