• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Air teching?

Lokii

Smash Cadet
i was playing my luigi friend the other day as fox...and i upsmashed him at like 150 percent on FD

what happened was he went up, immediately stopped midair, and switched directions, landing on the ground...He's been doing this once every few days and he says he has no idea how he does it.

I was wondering if anyone else has seen something like this happen before..what is it?

Lokii

Smash Cadet
rofl i don't know what it really is, but airteching seemed most applicable :p

Sensai

Smash Master
It's called the invisible ceiling glitch. I don't know the specifics of how it works, but it's not crazy uncommon.

The_Famous_SK

Smash Apprentice
Never seen it, and i play lots of FD. I thought airteching was breaking the tumble to do an aerial faster after you get hit up.... like to stop someone from uair juggling you at like 100%ish.

Starzonedge

Smash Ace
I believe I've seen that when practicing against a level 1 Falco. I might be confusing it with something else, but in the case of VS Falco, it happens after dash attacking several times.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
is it possible to tech on the invisible celling? lol
THAT should be called air teching

Wayland

Smash Journeyman
Does it look like what happens after someone is countered?
I dunno about Marth's or Peach's counter, but Roy's does that. I dunno if it's applicable for anyone besides Roy, (or marth & peach), but I don't see that many people counter.

Since other charachters can also do this situationally, it could be a handy tactic against fastfallers. However, I lack the reflexes to do it intentionally. If you've got the reflexes to do this intentionally, go for it. You probably don't have the reflexes to do this intentionally.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Get Luigi to over 100% and have him do his edge get-up attack into Fox's shield. Then right after it hits Fox's shield, make the Fox usmash or aerial out of the shield and it'll Rocket Cancel ("Invisible Ceiling Glitch") him everytime. There are some other known ways to do it consistently, but mostly it's just random, but happens a lot with Fox's usmash.

TheBlackNoodle

Smash Rookie
Just from reading this, I think it probably has something to do with the speed you're moving at and a given character's shape. Speed in games is determined by movement over a time step. If the time step is just right, I bet you collide with the "invisible" ceiling, whereas normally you just go right past it.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Just from reading this, I think it probably has something to do with the speed you're moving at and a given character's shape. Speed in games is determined by movement over a time step. If the time step is just right, I bet you collide with the "invisible" ceiling, whereas normally you just go right past it.
Nope, that's definitely not it.

Banks

Smash Hero
sounds to me like its too random to be thought of as anything other than a glitch. someone should harness its power >_>

Top Bottom