• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Air Shoryuken?

TheMann

Smash Ace
Been thinkin about this and tryin it out alot but no humans to try it on so bear with me. But think about it folks we've been neglecting the air shoryuken, and I think I found a practical way to land it!!!

The way I found to land it is after my favorite throw the D-throw. At higher percentages the d-throw will pop the enemy higher than usual. Most people will air dodge too being afraid of Luigi's beastly aerials. After you read that air dodge punish them with an air up+b. Its not as satisfying and theres no ping. But it still kills at good percentages and thats what we Luigi's need right?

Anyways I wish I had a way to record and show if people dont get what I'm saying. If possible can someone make a vid of this?

Once again I don't fully know if its practical or not. But it seems to be from what I can tell. And next tourney I'm gonna experiement with it in matches. May lose doing so but its worth it to me lol.

Geou

Smash Apprentice
It's a good idea, but most people usually DI too far left or right in my own experiences. Luigi's air speed is horrid, and you only way to end up being able to reach them is with an aerial. If they don't DI away for some reason, then this seems like a good option if they're not in Nair killing range or if you staled Nair too much.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Lol we had LK post something like this before.

But yeah agreed with Geou said. Obviously the risk and reward system is abit eh eh, it really depends on what % you are. lf your on those last hit , last stock situations, then obv don't do this. This is only good as what the conditions Geou said. oh and if ur at low % and their at high % lol

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
If you're baiting air dodges that well from D-throw, an Up-smash or a GROUNDED Up-B are better options (since D-throw really doesn't send them that high up even at high percents).

Or I guess you could get away with it it something like Luigi dittos if they air dodge too much since Luigi is extremely floaty and slow moving.

TheMann

Smash Ace
Yea this sucks ignore it. Possible but nothing to go to if your looking for a solid kill.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
I've been landing the air Up-B more than the grounded. I get the large characters all the time from under the platform in BF or Smashville etc.

You can actually like you said get them to think you are going to use aerials, and then catch them after the airdodge.

As for how reliable it is, I think if you throw it in every once and a while, you'll catch them off guard and score a kill. I say use it.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
the only times I have ever really used it was on battle field, Rising up airs into air shoryuken, i tend to not try because I will get punished usually..:-(

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
i've done it by luck one time.

i thought i had a video. I guess I didnt record it then, the ones I have are regulars done on the ground.

yoshq

Smash Master
Been thinkin about this and tryin it out alot but no humans to try it on so bear with me. But think about it folks we've been neglecting the air shoryuken, and I think I found a practical way to land it!!!

The way I found to land it is after my favorite throw the D-throw. At higher percentages the d-throw will pop the enemy higher than usual. Most people will air dodge too being afraid of Luigi's beastly aerials. After you read that air dodge punish them with an air up+b. Its not as satisfying and theres no ping. But it still kills at good percentages and thats what we Luigi's need right?

Anyways I wish I had a way to record and show if people dont get what I'm saying. If possible can someone make a vid of this?

Once again I don't fully know if its practical or not. But it seems to be from what I can tell. And next tourney I'm gonna experiement with it in matches. May lose doing so but its worth it to me lol.
if you're on top of them at high percentages after the dthrow, nair is better

Suspect

Smash Hero
i got a air one off before but i wasn't intentional

we were both off stage and i was just trying to recover, ***** got in my way lol

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
That's why y'all ****ahs use the QUOTE BUTTON AND/OR POST REPLY BUTTON.
Yeah, but I didn't want to quote you.

ZHAO!!!! *vigorous fist shakage at the camera above*

Back on topic though, let us not forget the dTaunt to air FJP. I've done it 3 times (twice on Summit). Mmmm. I'm lovin' it. Sweet lovin' in the oven. Oven baked love. Half-baked and refried. Then slowly simmered to perfection. Ba-da ba ba baa.

yoshq

Smash Master
Yeah, but I didn't want to quote you.

ZHAO!!!! *vigorous fist shakage at the camera above*

Back on topic though, let us not forget the dTaunt to air FJP. I've done it 3 times (twice on Summit). Mmmm. I'm lovin' it. Sweet lovin' in the oven. Oven baked love. Half-baked and refried. Then slowly simmered to perfection. Ba-da ba ba baa.
haha didn't mean to get off topic, but check out my new signature (if it works)

Top Bottom