• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Air Dash Online - A competitive platform fighter

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
I don't get it, those old character designs looked friggin' awesome. If you create a new game and decide to not include those guys, then at least relegate them to a stage cameo appearance or something.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Everyone had to get jobs and no one has time to donate to the game. The time estimates we had on the Kickstarter were assuming full-time work by most of the team, so even if we still had a few people making slow progress it would be at least a year off to make a local-only stripped-down version. I'd say it's pretty unlikely for it to be revived, but you never know I guess; I'd still be in if we could get something going, but probably only a few hours a week.

I've heard that there might be a team attempting to make an indie-themed versus game inspired by Smash, but I don't think they had any code started when they announced it and I haven't seen anything about it since then.

courte

Smash Lord
Everyone had to get jobs and no one has time to donate to the game. The time estimates we had on the Kickstarter were assuming full-time work by most of the team, so even if we still had a few people making slow progress it would be at least a year off to make a local-only stripped-down version. I'd say it's pretty unlikely for it to be revived, but you never know I guess; I'd still be in if we could get something going, but probably only a few hours a week.

I've heard that there might be a team attempting to make an indie-themed versus game inspired by Smash, but I don't think they had any code started when they announced it and I haven't seen anything about it since then.
I know im not the only one a little saddened about sm4sh and thought first its a shame this didn't get enough support. Pm is great but for the Entire genre/subgenre at some point the community has to break from nintendo and create it's own.. bare smash fans will always be happy with whatever they're given, but for those who love the actual fight, a few more characters don't mean as much if the system is so... safe. The fighting games of the 90s spawned many other series people love and support today. If we ever wanna make peace with swordless ganon, fludd pack on Mario, and both links being needlessly identical with Suckh a uge armory, we have to let smash go

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
I had a lot of fun playing the demo. Rough in many ways, but there was certainly a good foundation there that could be polished into something honestly great. Makes me wonder where the game could have been by now.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
It's probably safe to say that it would be in some sort of beta. We'd probably have decided to include online play in an earlier version than originally planned which ended up taking a long time to make smooth and resulted in several tweaks to the core design of the game, all likely for the best. I bet we'd even be showing the game off at Evo again right now.

Top Bottom