• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Air-Cancels" confirmed.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
I think SSB4 would benefit the most from excluding air dodges completely (N64-style).

That way, the air will be a more unsafe place to be in. If a character is going to evade its way back to ground, I think it should be in the form of dedicated moves, like a teleportation of some sort or similar (for example Mewtwo's Up B).

Taking the videos from E3 into account, I think the Brawl air dodge will stay, which is sad. At least make it like Melee, so it becomes a last resort and even more unsafe.

Maybe Melee air dodge is better than no air dodge (SSB64) after all. It gives you another option.

[Corn]

Smash Ace
I think SSB4 would benefit the most from excluding air dodges completely (N64-style).

That way, the air will be a more unsafe place to be in. If a character is going to evade its way back to ground, I think it should be in the form of dedicated moves, like a teleportation of some sort or similar (for example Mewtwo's Up B).

Taking the videos from E3 into account, I think the Brawl air dodge will stay, which is sad. At least make it like Melee, so it becomes a last resort and even more unsafe.

Maybe Melee air dodge is better than no air dodge (SSB64) after all. It gives you another option.

Having no airdodge with floatyish physics would make me scared of how good any of the multiple jump/air characters would do.

Brawl airdodge isnt really a bad thing, its just that they should increase the cooldown.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
That would be insane if they let you block in the air instead like other fighters. I wouldn't mind that as long as there is a lot of shield stun. Would be so fun to apply air-shield pressure.

Top Bottom