• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Air Bud: Sky High- HYPE overflowing! Are you ready? - July 27th, 2013 - Columbus, OH

SoulPech

Smash Master
As someone who goes to OSU, lives 2 minutes from this venue, and had attended Rain 2 at this venue, I am very disappointed that neither Melee nor Smash 64 will be included in this tournament. I don't mean to meaninglessly complain; I hope enough people share my concern so that future Columbus tournaments will take these two games into consideration.

To be honest, you would be the only person who wants to play Melee rather than people playing just cuz. the Ohio Melee Group are away from Summer Vacation or don't play. There's more interest in P:M than Melee. Trust me, I do understand. If you are not busy, you can come over to my place Tuesday and we can have a smashfest...play some Melee and P:M.

SoulPech

Smash Master
To all who's housing with me, it looks like Juu cannot house. I tried asking keist, but he cannot house either. We are gonna have 14 people in my apartment o.o

Fun times!

Zelda_Fan_

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, you would be the only person who wants to play Melee rather than people playing just cuz. the Ohio Melee Group are away from Summer Vacation or don't play. There's more interest in P:M than Melee. Trust me, I do understand. If you are not busy, you can come over to my place Tuesday and we can have a smashfest...play some Melee and P:M.
I know, all the OSU Melee people are gone until school starts back up. And at rain there were significantly less entrants in melee than brawl...just wish there was something I could do to further promote interest in Melee around Columbus.

And thanks for the offer to play sometime. Unfortunately, I'll be on vacation for the next few days, but would love to play sometime soon! I'll PM you sometime after I get home from vaca.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Since MI posts so god damn much I always forget who is going to tournaments. Who is going to stop MI from getting all top 8 spots?

ermmmmmm.....

Ally? idk since I have people saying they may go that are not on the list. If Nope goes, he'll be someone to watch for. MX and Carls possibly. KB may go and may bring Shugo, so we'll see what happens. Eric and Ralph are interested in going.

idc either way. I'm just happy people are interested in attending.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I know, all the OSU Melee people are gone until school starts back up. And at rain there were significantly less entrants in melee than brawl...just wish there was something I could do to further promote interest in Melee around Columbus.

And thanks for the offer to play sometime. Unfortunately, I'll be on vacation for the next few days, but would love to play sometime soon! I'll PM you sometime after I get home from vaca.

Get the old players to travel around the city to play or get the OSU Melee kids to leave their circle more often to play against other people, imo. I wasn't successful with this, but maybe you will be.

lou4222

Smash Lord
Nope doesn't know yet if he has to work. If he does have to work I will need a teammate. Id like to team with someone I know from the old days. My GW is still nasty. Its like riding a bike.....

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Since this is in just a few days can we get a non-tentative schedule? I only what to be there for PM.

The schedule is in the OP

"11:00am - Doors Open
11:30pm - Registration for All Smash Events Begins
12:30pm - Brawl Doubles
1:30pm - Project Melee Singles Begins
3:30pm - Brawl Singles Pools Begin
5:30pm - Project Melee Doubles Begins
6:00pm - Brawl Singles Bracket Begins
9:00pm - Secret Event Begins
11:00pm - Closing up shop"

JTsm

Smash Master
So PM is straight bracket, right?

Also, who wants to team for this (PM dubz)?

SoulPech

Smash Master
How many people are expected for brawl? I've never played in pools before so I don't know how they work.
So far for pre-reg, we have 28 people. There's probably gonna be more. in Pools, you play everyone in your "bracket" to determine your seeding when you are put into bracket.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
How many people are expected for brawl? I've never played in pools before so I don't know how they work.

Brawl is looking like 30-40 people for this since MI will make up 1/4th of the attendance. Pools are done traditionally in round robin fashion with usually 4-6 people in each pool. You play everyone in your pool which is used for seeding purposes come time for bracket.

SoulPech

Smash Master
The speed of the tournament will depend on:

1) How Many Setups we have

2) If people are in multiple events holding up other brackets (bottlenecking)

3) If people go for a food break (which this place is a ****ing pizza place so people shouldn't have to)

4) How fast I can get the seeding done

5) If LOE1 doesn't go for timeouts :troll:

SoulPech

Smash Master
Also, I'm now entering in all the pre-reg people. We so far have 28 people pre-regged for Brawl and 16 for P:M. Teams I will put in @ the tourney. I'm so hyped!

Top Bottom