• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AI rumors

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
i've heard that CPUs are much harder than in melee... and i've seen some good people getting beaten by CPUs in brawl... so are they actually harder this time around, or is it because these people are still getting used to brawl?

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
I hope they've at least fixed the constant stupid suicide-recovery attempts that the AI always makes.

I heard that computers still don't do anything vs. Kirby's Down+B, which is ********.

I agree, without the advent of WiFi, this would be awful.

Cubemario

Smash Journeyman
From what I have seen (from a few videos with AI in them) they are much better then in melee. Though, i'm sure that doesn't change the fact they are easily exploitable like AI for almost any game, especially ones like these.

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
From what I have seen (from a few videos with AI in them) they are much better then in melee. Though, i'm sure that doesn't change the fact they are easily exploitable like AI for almost any game, especially ones like these.
But besides exploiting them-- like crazy in Event Matches :p--, they are smarter than in Melee right?
Regardless we have wifi, but I smarter CPU would be nice, especially for those w/o wifi.

Nowfist

Smash Apprentice
They are harder in brawl. If I were to use it for any reason, I would train vs them. If they're harder then it should help anyone fix out kinks.

(No idea why this was posted twice)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Better, but are still stupid. They'll do things like walk and do projectile, and run into mines. Overall, their better, but still stupid. They also roll a lot more.

pirkid

Smash Lord
What I've seen, they're more agressive, use better tactics (No powershielding yays), and are overall better. You understand.

But they still suck.

Yay for owning noobs on Easy over Wi-Fi.

Cubemario

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the above posters pretty much summed up what the AI is like. Melee's was a joke though, so brawl's AI should only give you a chuckle this time around.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
Well, this stinks.
Not in a bad way, mind. It'll force me to actually become decent at playing. Usually all I do in Melee is fight CPUs (and have a tough time on "normal" x_x) since I don't have gamer-friends. I think I'm naturally averse to any challenge in games, lol.

Training's gonna be interesting!

AlFighter27

Smash Cadet
Not many people are using CPUs, but from what I have seen of Subspace *NO SPOILERS* the higher the difficulty, the enemies actually do get more challenging the enemies will be, which is definitely a good thing.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
They may not be a whole lot better, but they definitely act differently. They seem less robotic to me. Then again, that could just be my imagination.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Al, by 'get more challenging' do you mean they get better AI/moves, or do you mean that their moves deal more damage and knockback? The former is definitely more favorable in my opinion, so I can only hope...

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
Al, by 'get more challenging' do you mean they get better AI/moves, or do you mean that their moves deal more damage and knockback? The former is definitely more favorable in my opinion, so I can only hope...
yeah i hated how in melee they upped the power in very hard mode... seriously, how the hell am i supposed to beat "team ganondorf" without losing 3+ lives...

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
if they fix'd kirby and luigi's AI then it's fine imo.

NOALink

Smash Rookie
I have logged about 60 matches vs. AI in one-on-ones, and they are undoubtedly more competent fighters than in melee, no questions asked. Level 9s will stand toe-to-toe with you and match you side-dodge for side-dodge in long attack trade-offs. They refuse to walk into charged smash attacks like in Melee, and they are more aggressive. I'm sure eventually everyone will find exploits and do better as they become more accustomed to brawl, but for now, they put up a decent fight.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
I have logged about 60 matches vs. AI in one-on-ones, and they are undoubtedly more competent fighters than in melee, no questions asked. Level 9s will stand toe-to-toe with you and match you side-dodge for side-dodge in long attack trade-offs. They refuse to walk into charged smash attacks like in Melee, and they are more aggressive. I'm sure eventually everyone will find exploits and do better as they become more accustomed to brawl, but for now, they put up a decent fight.
great to know!

"they are more aggressive"

thank GOD. one of the stupidest parts of melee was when certain AI didn't function by attacking you but by running away and waiting for you to come to them *fox in adventure mode*

i'm looking forward to not feeling bad about using cheap tactics to kill CPUs... if that makes any sense.

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
One thing I really hope they change about the computers is the fact that they actually go through a platform when I'm charging my smash attack. I'm right below them charging up my Up-A smash, and it allows itself to get hit full force. -.-

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
i hear they at least try to edge guard so thats something but what does the cpu's level matter with brawl with anyone could could be going up against actual people whom could be better than you.

Lechteron

Smash Apprentice
I've seen a video play through of the Subspace Emissary and there was one point in particular where the player was fighting 2 CPUs (Both the CPUs were a playabe character) and the CPUs were covering each other and stuff. The were consistently going where one was firing high and the other firing low to try to make the player dodge into one of the attacks. Looked like they were actually using good tactics.

Patinator

Smash Champion
I've been hoping for better AI. This is great!!!

One question, though. Do higher levels still always DI in some way? No one's stated anything on it.

And @ Norm: Some people, like me, don't have Wi-Fi.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
The lv 9 CPU will probably still be a **** though.
You know, power shielding all over the place, poking you right when you lose invinci-frames, etc.

At least WiFi is a practice option, instead of level 1 CPU. N00Bs or nuthin.
EDIT:True, not all of us have WiFi. I'd get on that, if I were you. This is a revolution here!

maian

Smash Apprentice
Glad AI is at least better. If they act more human in any way, I'll be a happy girl. I hope they actually use Smash attacks now when you have less then like, 100% damage. Most of the time they just walk around, and use their standard A move over and over and over.

VandalD

Smash Cadet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsAMYc3k7uQ

Here's a good video of a lvl 9 CPU match. This guy has some others too. Notice the running, the dodging, the short hop air attacks, and Falcon's everlasting love of trying to Falcon Punch things. The especially good thing is that in this game, air dodging doesn't equal you falling to your death if you're nowhere near the stage, so they won't air dodge to their death, at least that I've seen.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
What I hated about CPUs is that they tended to run away. Now they look more fun!

(I also tend to start crapping up when I have to fight 2 or more. When they keep running around it doesn't help either.)

Top Bottom