• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ahoy, Matey! Tetra Support Thread

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Tetra in Hyrule Warriors is quite a massive thing of it's own guys. This is a Zelda All-Star-game we're talking about, anyway.

Can't wait to see all the love put on her and probably use her when I'll get this game. (Kinda bumming they do some "console-exclusive character"-thing though, no way)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So now we got a flintlock to play with for movesets. I mean if all of Impa's stuff is gonna be about her massive sword.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Oh wow, we're relevant again! I think this can help smash! Many people haven't bothered to imagine Tetra's potential or what she can do with that lil dagger she has, now they'll see and hopefully give it some thought! And it can give the smash team some references on how to animate certain moves!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Tetra as a gunner would really make her pretty unique Zelda-char. Throw in perhaps all the more gimmicky tools from Wind Waker or other games and we'd have very crafty character with interesting learning curve. Sorta like Links but in very different fashion.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Tetra as a gunner would really make her pretty unique Zelda-char. Throw in perhaps all the more gimmicky tools from Wind Waker or other games and we'd have very crafty character with interesting learning curve. Sorta like Links but in very different fashion.
I was thinking that the gun was there to round off the tricksy pirate trope.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Some stuff I said in Villager social since they know I love Tetra:
Tetra's relevant again and again! Just when I think she's gone for good, Phantom Hourglass, files found in Brawl, Windwaker HD, now this! And it's ganna force people to imagine what she can do and realize some of her potential! Oooh, I really wish more people saw her potential, but Tetra hasn't done a whole lot of fighting in Link's adventure so people usually don't think about it, but Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina, and many more never fought that much either!
I think she could be super popular in the ballot if people just knew what they were missing so I hope this helps, and, it shouuuld, it's making her relevant again... I suppose this can only be a good thing!

As for the pistol, I wouldn't go that far and make her a total zoner, I'd prefer a trap/summon Tetra, but the gun can be really cool f-tilt combo finisher and nice spacing tool!

Edit: Ive never seen the Tetra boards move this fast haha

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I could see Tetra as a cool opportunistic like character, zoning the opponent with fun little Flintlock shots and other tools from Wind Waker before moving in at the right time to get some good hits off. Sort of like Toon Link, but way less campy. There should be much more emphasis on close combat when the time arises. As a pirate, it would be Tetra's job to create ways to find that opening.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Call me crazy, but won't Sakurai have a problem with the idea of Tetra using a flintlock? Sure there's Duck Hunt, but Snake wasn't allowed to use his guns (minus the RPG and grenade launcher) in Brawl either.

Last edited:
Call me crazy, but won't Sakurai have a problem with the idea of Tetra using a flintlock? Sure there's Duck Hunt, but Snake wasn't allowed to use his guns (minus the RPG and grenade launcher) in Brawl either.
it might be a problem and it might be able to get through. It is really old timey and such.
Honestly I dont see it getting through more from not being in the original zelda game to my knowledge. Accurate portrayals and all that.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
it might be a problem and it might be able to get through. It is really old timey and such.
Honestly I dont see it getting through more from not being in the original zelda game to my knowledge. Accurate portrayals and all that.
Ahhhh, Fox never used his gun before Smash 64 either, I dunno, it seems very piratey and cute, especially if it gives her that knockback like in the trailer, may be an interesting movement option too, but whatev, guess it isn't necessary...just already kinda attached to it haha

And yo, this windwaker remix they made is pretty hype, I'd love to hear it in a Smash Trailer for Tetra~

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I don't think it'll matter too much, they are more cartoony than say Snake's modern day pistols, it's no worse than K Rool's blunderbuss

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Might as well jump on the Tetra bandwagon. Because why not?
Exactly! I was thinking of if I made a Tetra concept video and I'd want to start with counter arguments...but I can't think of many...?

Only things very obviously wrong, like "Another Zelda, itll be a zelda or shiek clone!" which is impossible as Tetra is way too different from either style.

Or "Tetra isn't relevant" but she's been in more games than you'd think! And now she's even more relevant again yay~

Umm...anything else...?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Exactly! I was thinking of if I made a Tetra concept video and I'd want to start with counter arguments...but I can't think of many...?

Only things very obviously wrong, like "Another Zelda, itll be a zelda or shiek clone!" which is impossible as Tetra is way too different from either style.

Or "Tetra isn't relevant" but she's been in more games than you'd think! And now she's even more relevant again yay~

Umm...anything else...?
Honestly those are the only arguments against her I can come up with. She's practically in the same position as Sheik.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Well I guess it's safe to say now that, without a doubt, Tetra has just as much a chance as any remaining Zelda character to get added to Smash 4 via DLC. Any and all arguments that could be made for a possible new Zelda rep can basically now be made for Tetra too. Hopefully we will indeed get a Zelda DLC character in Smash.

Burruni

Smash Hero
ONCE GANON GETS IN, Tetra is more than welcome to join the roster.
Agreed? Agreed >w>

Also, hoist me as a supporter, I suppose~

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
You know something? Now that I think about it, I wouldn't mind seeing Tetra in Smash Bros. My girlfriend has been hawking me about how much she wants her in, but Wind Waker is one of my favorite games of all time, so with this new Hyrule Warriors news, you can count me in!

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Hey guys, it's been a while.

Anyways, I've always wanted Tetra for a new Zelda character as I felt she would add another character to the lacking "Toon" section of Zelda. Most likeable as well! I mean, who wouldn't like a sassy pirate!

Tetra was always my most wanted Zelda newcomer so I'm glad she's in Hyrule warriors, with a gun, too!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well, guess there is no real need anymore for me to make a high poly 3D model for Tetra..... Oh well, it's great to see her back in action. Not sure how much this improves her chances as DLC but she should hopefully have gained some more votes at the ballot. c:

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Oh, yeah. I've been meaning to ask you how that project was going, Curious Villager.

So there's this Japan exclusive 3DS app called Collectible Badge Center. Apparently some new badges inspired by Wind Waker HD just got released including (Toon) Link, (Toon) Zelda, and Tetra. Not sure if it means much, but it's nice to know Nintendo is still supporting Wind Waker and treating its characters as some of the main faces of the Zelda franchise. The badges are pretty adorable too. You can check them out here. http://www.zeldauniverse.net/2015/0...adges-sail-into-the-collectible-badge-center/

It would be cool to see this app released over seas someday.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh, yeah. I've been meaning to ask you how that project was going, Curious Villager.

So there's this Japan exclusive 3DS app called Collectible Badge Center. Apparently some new badges inspired by Wind Waker HD just got released including (Toon) Link, (Toon) Zelda, and Tetra. Not sure if it means much, but it's nice to know Nintendo is still supporting Wind Waker and treating its characters as some of the main faces of the Zelda franchise. The badges are pretty adorable too. You can check them out here. http://www.zeldauniverse.net/2015/0...adges-sail-into-the-collectible-badge-center/

It would be cool to see this app released over seas someday.
The Toon Zelda characters are very popular in Japan. I recall them releasing some toy's of them fairly recently too.

I honestly would not be too surprised if we got Tetra and/or Toon Zelda as DLC.

And yes, my project has been going pretty smoothly, I've released a small update over at Tumblr. Just need to model and texture her face and skirt and then it's over to applying the bones. c:

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Everything about the Hyrule Warriors thing is something I love. Especially Tetra and King of Red Lions, who I absolutely love.

Dat Boat Transform tho.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
@ Kenith Kenith
I was literally just about to bring that up myself.

I feel that the way Ryu as a DLC character was handled bodes well for Tetra. I'm referring to the fact that a brand new stage was bundled with him. That's something I was hoping would happen, and here's why. If we get a brand new Zelda stage, it will most likely be a Wind Waker HD stage since that was the last official 3D Zelda title on the Wii U. I don't really have high hopes of getting Pirate Ship back unfortunately because the songs that used to play on that stage were split up between the Zelda stages that we ended up getting. I checked Dreamland's song selection, and it doesn't share any tracks from the other Kirby stages that were in the base game. That tells me that Sakurai isn't intending to bring in stages that share songs with other stages. For this reason, he'd probably work on a brand new WW stage to better represent WWHD and it's graphical updates while pulling different songs from the game to go along with it. If Sakurai plans to give us a lot of Zelda content in one of these future DLC waves, I could see this as a likely scenario.

Spatman

Smash Ace
I officially support this character. I love The Wind Waker, where Tetra is one of the most interesting characters, and the moveset shown in digital event she will use in Hyrule Warriors seems really awesome.
I want her in smash!

@ Kenith Kenith
I was literally just about to bring that up myself.

I feel that the way Ryu as a DLC character was handled bodes well for Tetra. I'm referring to the fact that a brand new stage was bundled with him. That's something I was hoping would happen, and here's why. If we get a brand new Zelda stage, it will most likely be a Wind Waker HD stage since that was the last official 3D Zelda title on the Wii U. I don't really have high hopes of getting Pirate Ship back unfortunately because the songs that used to play on that stage were split up between the Zelda stages that we ended up getting. I checked Dreamland's song selection, and it doesn't share any tracks from the other Kirby stages that were in the base game. That tells me that Sakurai isn't intending to bring in stages that share songs with other stages. For this reason, he'd probably work on a brand new WW stage to better represent WWHD and it's graphical updates while pulling different songs from the game to go along with it. If Sakurai plans to give us a lot of Zelda content in one of these future DLC waves, I could see this as a likely scenario.
is it possible a remix of Dragon Roost Island and The Great Sea? both fit perfectly with a Wind Waker stage, and it would be very strange if this stage wouldn't have these songs in its playlist

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I officially support this character. I love The Wind Waker, where Tetra is one of the most interesting characters, and the moveset shown in digital event she will use in Hyrule Warriors seems really awesome.
I want her in smash!

is it possible a remix of Dragon Roost Island and The Great Sea? both fit perfectly with a Wind Waker stage, and it would be very strange if this stage wouldn't have these songs in its playlist
Oh, definitely. I'm sure those two songs would get a neat remix, or at the very least be featured. I'd personally love to hear an official remix of Windfall Island's theme. Also, we're very glad to have you help support Tetra with us.

Spatman

Smash Ace
sorry for the double post:

Ahoy mateys, "come ooon"! let's show more love to Tetra, let's keep our voice loud to increase her chances!

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
sorry for the double post:

Ahoy mateys, "come ooon"! let's show more love to Tetra, let's keep our voice loud to increase her chances!
I think she has a decent chance as a Ballot character. If Sakurai is looking for a character who brings some a new motif to Smash along with a move set that the devs can be creative and play around with, Tetra is definitely a contender.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Probably my most wanted Zelda newcomer; I've always found Impa to be so uninteresting, but I love Terta. I hope she appears in more Zelda games, and I hope she eventually finds her way into the Smash Bros. series as a playable fighter.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Even though I like Impa better, and feel she deserves it more I wouldn't be too upset if Tetra got in. For the Zelda series, I can't see 2 DLC characters unless they feel like throwing us Young Link, but both Tetra and Impa would really be amazing for me. I just prefer Impa because she has more to work with. But I do notice a huge double standard here, because when discussing Impa's moveset, nobody thought her being inspired by Hyrule Warriors was a good idea because 'it's not Zelda enough'. But when it comes to Tetra, it suddenly becomes acceptable.

Anyhow, am quite certain we'll get a Zelda DLC character despite the ballot results.

Top Bottom