• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ahoy, Matey! Tetra Support Thread

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Even though I like Impa better, and feel she deserves it more I wouldn't be too upset if Tetra got in. For the Zelda series, I can't see 2 DLC characters unless they feel like throwing us Young Link, but both Tetra and Impa would really be amazing for me. I just prefer Impa because she has more to work with. But I do notice a huge double standard here, because when discussing Impa's moveset, nobody thought her being inspired by Hyrule Warriors was a good idea because 'it's not Zelda enough'. But when it comes to Tetra, it suddenly becomes acceptable.

Anyhow, am quite certain we'll get a Zelda DLC character despite the ballot results.
Copy paste from my Tetra rating on the RTC-thread:

"Giving a pirate a flintlock isn't as big as a step as giving a ninja/bodyguard a giant water-driven Biggoron blade and a fire-driven Naginata.

Impa got a complete overhaul in design, weaponry and role, whereas Tetra just got her trope fleshed-out.
Heck, I bet that even if Hyrule Warriors didn't give her a flintlock, Sakurai would still have given her one for Smash."

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
The flintlock isn't even original, there's concept art from WW of Tetra with a pistol.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Even though I like Impa better, and feel she deserves it more I wouldn't be too upset if Tetra got in. For the Zelda series, I can't see 2 DLC characters unless they feel like throwing us Young Link, but both Tetra and Impa would really be amazing for me. I just prefer Impa because she has more to work with. But I do notice a huge double standard here, because when discussing Impa's moveset, nobody thought her being inspired by Hyrule Warriors was a good idea because 'it's not Zelda enough'. But when it comes to Tetra, it suddenly becomes acceptable.

Anyhow, am quite certain we'll get a Zelda DLC character despite the ballot results.
I wonder...

Outside of the Smash fandom there may be many people voting for Toon Zelda because they want more Zelda and since she and Tetra are basically Adult Zelda and Sheik to each other the team could take the requests either way.

Question is... Toon Zelda with some attacks from ALL the Toon Zeldas (Minish Cap, Soirit Tracks, Four Swords (Adventure), and possibly Triforce Heroes) or Tetra and Tera alone.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Copy paste from my Tetra rating on the RTC-thread:

"Giving a pirate a flintlock isn't as big as a step as giving a ninja/bodyguard a giant water-driven Biggoron blade and a fire-driven Naginata.

Impa got a complete overhaul in design, weaponry and role, whereas Tetra just got her trope fleshed-out.
Heck, I bet that even if Hyrule Warriors didn't give her a flintlock, Sakurai would still have given her one for Smash."
Not as big as a step? It's really quite cleverly done with the Biggoron Blade actually. Impa is the very first playable ally alongside Link, and she has the Biggoron Sword, which is quite Link's second best known / iconic / important fighting style outside of his Master Sword + Hylian Shield combination. And Impa is an actual legit warrior in at least two appearances. Am actually thinking that Impa might be based more on her Hyrule Warriors self in future Zelda games, or at least take inspiration from it. The game is starting to become a very huge succes, and I could see it getting sequals.

Especially considering this: http://mynintendonews.com/2014/08/2...tter-debut-than-zelda-wind-waker-hd-in-japan/ .

And I think that Impa makes the most sence as a Zelda Warriors newcomer than any other character. But feel free to disagree.

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
The flintlock isn't even original, there's concept art from WW of Tetra with a pistol.
Time to break out the Hyrule Historia and check the Wind Waker section again. It's been a while, and I respect the Wind Waker as a game much more now than when I first skimmed through the Historia.

Side note, wish there was a picture of Tetra in the style of the other ones in my sig somewhere. I'd like to show my support more. Pirate Ship as DLC please! I miss Dragon Roost music.

Edit: Just caught up on the thread. I'm really glad Tetra's relevance has been spiking recently. It always feels good when stuff like this happens, because then you can counter arguments against your character way easier. She being relevant in HW is awesome! Her (And Wind Waker in general) popularity growing is a big deal. WW HD, HW having her and boat man (Read: King of Red Lions) is great. If she gets a good amount of support and makes it into Smash, I could even see another game featuring her, Toon Link, and that wonderful artstyle on the Wii U. That would be glorious...

Anywho, glad you guys got a morale boost. Always a supporter.

Last edited:

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Tetra Icon I Made for those who want it

Regardless, I am loving the fact that, with her announcement in Hyrule Warriors, she has a chance at being someone unique if shes ever picked for SSB4. I was always afraid she'd just be a Sheik Clone, like, just throwing her one knife instead of needles, an anchor attack instead of the chain and such. But giving her a saber, which is an enlarged version of her dagger, and a hand pistol really helps make her more unique. I really hope that if she gets chosen to be in SSB4, Sakurai will use her Hyrule Warriors move set for inspiration. He really has no excuse not too.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Tetra Icon I Made for those who want it

Regardless, I am loving the fact that, with her announcement in Hyrule Warriors, she has a chance at being someone unique if shes ever picked for SSB4. I was always afraid she'd just be a Sheik Clone, like, just throwing her one knife instead of needles, an anchor attack instead of the chain and such. But giving her a saber, which is an enlarged version of her dagger, and a hand pistol really helps make her more unique. I really hope that if she gets chosen to be in SSB4, Sakurai will use her Hyrule Warriors move set for inspiration. He really has no excuse not too.
I can seem to see the image at all (maybe because my network is messing up again).

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
huh, thats odd, the icons seem to show up fine on the smash bros roster maker topic, and they load just fine for me

im sorry you guys

: <

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice

Darth Nightmaricus

Smash Cadet
NNID
105087bradyisman
Toon Zelda and/or Tetra's chances are higher now.
A) They were planned for Brawl.
B) Wind Waker HD is the only major Zelda game for Wii U besides Hyrule Warriors atm.
C) Tetra will be in Hyrule Warriors Legends
I feel like BOTH characters deserve to be DLC, bundled together but separate characters. You'd buy both at once, but they'd be like how Zelda and Sheik are now.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Personally I think they should make Tetra her own character, with no ties to Toon Zelda aside from maybe a costume.

Her appearance in Hyrule Warriors gives her access to a saber and a hand pistol, and screen shots show her being able to blow enemies up by shooting at energy beams generated by her sword to cause explosions, as well as summoning waves to drown enemies. Just give her the ability to call in her ship for canon support, and I think she has plenty of fighting ability to use on her own.

then give her a Zelda costume so we can do all this bad ass stuff as toon zelda just for hilarity's sake.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Personally I think they should make Tetra her own character, with no ties to Toon Zelda aside from maybe a costume.

Her appearance in Hyrule Warriors gives her access to a saber and a hand pistol, and screen shots show her being able to blow enemies up by shooting at energy beams generated by her sword to cause explosions, as well as summoning waves to drown enemies. Just give her the ability to call in her ship for canon support, and I think she has plenty of fighting ability to use on her own.

then give her a Zelda costume so we can do all this bad *** stuff as toon zelda just for hilarity's sake.

I don't think that'd work, a palette swap would be nice though, especially since regular Zelda doesn't have a wind waker alt. She has Ocarina of Time, a link to the past/between worlds yet no wind waker which is bad considering she's by far the best Zelda. She should also have a Sheik one since Sheik has a Tetra alt

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I don't think that'd work, a palette swap would be nice though, especially since regular Zelda doesn't have a wind waker alt. She has Ocarina of Time, a link to the past/between worlds yet no wind waker which is bad considering she's by far the best Zelda. She should also have a Sheik one since Sheik has a Tetra alt
A palette swap could work too (especially considering that her pirate crew can fill 6 alt colors :awesome:)

About Zelda having no Toon Zelda alt, who cares? Mario and Luigi both have a Waluigi color!

I think that it's easier to tell Zelda and Toon Zelda appart. "Maybe".

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Thing is though, Tetra/Zelda is completely different from Zelda/Sheik.

Sheik is Zelda in disguise under an alternate identity, with a personality change/act to throw off pursuers.

Tetra as Zelda is simply Tetra in a dress with her ties to the royal family having been revealed. Personality wise shes exactly the same.

So a Toon Zelda costume for Tetra would totally work for her character, because really its just simply Tetra in a different outfit.

Last edited:

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
Thing ios though, Tetra/Zelda is completly different from Zelda/Sheik.
Tetra as Zelda is simply Tetra in a dress with her ties to the royal family having been revealed. Personality wise shes exactly the same.
I actually really liked this about the Wind Waker. It's one of my favorite plot points in the game.
Wish she did a little more Ganondorf kick a**ery at the end of the game, but helping Link nail him with light arrows is good enough for me.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
I actually really liked this about the Wind Waker. It's one of my favorite plot points in the game.
Wish she did a little more Ganondorf kick a**ery at the end of the game, but helping Link nail him with light arrows is good enough for me.
but oh my, the sass she has in that fight. If you get struck by the light arrows by mistake, or deflect them in the wrong direction, she will chastise you mid battle for messing up. It is glorious~

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
but oh my, the sass she has in that fight. If you get struck by the light arrows by mistake, or deflect them in the wrong direction, she will chastise you mid battle for messing up. It is glorious~
It really is. I love how they kind of preserved her style with her berating you like you're an idiot.
It's doubly awesome because she's doing it while the friggin OCEAN is about to collapse in on everyone. Just because she looks like a princess, doesn't mean she fights like one. Love that. x)
I swear, the final boss for WW nearly tops the one in Twilight Princess for my favorite Zelda final boss.

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad
My most wanted Zelda rep if I chose one would definitely be Tetra. Yep.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if when they are counting the votes that Toon Zelda and Tetra count as the same entity in their eyes. If so it'd be a boon to whichever one they go with (please be Tetra)

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad
We got a Tetra campaign post floating around on the popular page of Super Smash Bros. For 3DS/Wii U's Miiverse community.

Midna's post

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
Oh man, I JUST now realized Tetra's inclusion would likely bring back Pirate Ship as a stage. My want for her just spiked. Awesome miiverse post, btw. I'm on Miiverse a lot actually, think it's a really cool feature. Lets me connect with Monster Hunter players anytime I want some company.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Oh man, I JUST now realized Tetra's inclusion would likely bring back Pirate Ship as a stage. My want for her just spiked. Awesome miiverse post, btw. I'm on Miiverse a lot actually, think it's a really cool feature. Lets me connect with Monster Hunter players anytime I want some company.
Just had a daydream about this.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Hey this just popped up earlier today. It shows mostly Toon Link but it also shows some story mode cut scenes showing off Tetra's role in the story.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
official trailer. At 0:35 you see Tetra use the light arrows, like she does when helping you fight Ganondorf in the end of WW. Also dat remix ♥
And now it comes in .gif form~

Last edited:

Moffe

Smash Apprentice
Now that we got pirate ship, do you think this increases the chance of tetra coming out? Or not because they didn't save it for her release?

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Now that we got pirate ship, do you think this increases the chance of tetra coming out? Or not because they didn't save it for her release?
I think it could go either way. It may be a detriment due to what you mentioned in that they didn't release it alongside her, but it could also foreshadow her inclusion. Maybe they're developing her and wanted a Toon stage on the Wii U version to go along with the character so they chose Pirate Ship since it's a veteran stage. And they could have decided to release it first since it's a fan-favorite; they know people are going to buy it. Also Spirit Train already acts as a Toon related stage on the 3DS version, so bundling Pirate Ship with Tetra wouldn't really help in that regard because the stage doesn't work on the 3DS version due to the stage's swimming mechanics. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If only we got both Tetra (or Toon Zelda) and Dixie Kong...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Funny that so many characters on my list of ones I want have a connection to Pirate Ships. Does that strange flying one with the living figurehead in Star Fox Adventures count?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am actually happy we got Pirate Ship back... I preferred this over Bridge of Eldin and I was a little disappointed that we got that instead of Pirate Ship... but SSB4 fixed that minor issue today.

I really hope Tetra (or Toon Zelda) gets in as DLC... I want to play as her on the Pirate Ship stage.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
????????????? ????????????? Do you plan on bringing this thread to the new group with the forums closing and all? I would love to say that I'd support Tetra's inclusion in Smash.

Top Bottom