• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aggressing with falco...

Forge

Smash Rookie
Hey all,

Lately, I've been having trouble knowing how to deal with people getting through my camp; I've been playing against a super aggro meta knight and snake, and he usually just powershields my lasers, and then is suddenly in my face and i seem to botch it a lot and make a lot of bad decisions. I am pretty good about keeping my space, shield pressuring with jab and bair. I just get lost on occasion.

If anyone has any advice to a fledgling falco, it would be greatly appreciated!

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Watch Kasper videos.

And if you're camping in the same patterns that may be why opponents keep getting through easily. Learn to mix it up.

Short Hop Laser
Short Hop Double Laser
Wavebounced Lasers
Grounded Lasers
Silent Lasers...and more....there's so many ways to use lasers. And mix up your Phantasm uses. Thats one of the biggest roadblocks people have as Falco.

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
Phantasms can get you to other side of the stage quickly is you need them out of your face. Don't be predictable with it though.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
If you're playing with aggressive players, you need to learn how to deal with pressure. If you don't, you will do a lot without thinking; I know this from experience.

If they're powershielding your lasers and approaching you better shift gears out of autopilot laser mode and get ready to either:
a. escape [possibilities: phantasm, jump, escape to ledge]
b. attack [jab, ftilt, grab (don't force), short hop retreating dair]

Do not be predictable about it though. If you're going to phantasm do not make it blatant. It can be punished easily if anticipated.

Gotta mix your normal game up for different players. Falco has the potential to do so much. Make the most of it.

Edit: I was working on this post before you all posted your responses, so **** you. :p

Top Bottom