• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Against abusing the edge?

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
So I played against m friend the other day. He was playing Tlink and he kept tethering edge with bomb, taking advantage of the invincibility frames, jumping up and throwing the bomb and fastfalling back down to the edge, basically spamming that whole scenario.
He stopped doing it when he tried to go for the kill, but basically he was being campy, but I can take him better when hes not hoggin the edge.

I tried some bomb dropping, didnt work too well, Tlinks uair beats Link dair (actually, i think all Tlink aerials beat any Links aerials).

Any ideas on getting him off the edge? Besides just backing off and waiting since he's very campy.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Sounds like something some fully charged arrows could take a smack at from a safe distance. Those invincibilty frames won't last forever, you should be able to give him a few good arrows to the face until he realizes he needs to either come up or be damaged.

Deva

Smash Lord
yeah, when he jumps to throw the bomb he's not invvincible, they fixed that in this game. You only have a couple invincibility frames when you let go of the edge. And Link's aerials do fine agaisnt toon link. Just zair more. and your u-air beats his dair too.

Top Bottom