• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aftershock: A "stunning" new AT for Pikachu.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to first point out this video:
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=vNxcn9fsJv0

In said video, I ran off the platform and performed a reverse (or wavebounced) thunder in such a way that it hit the platform to make a small explosion. In addition to that, Pit accidently jumped into the explosion in such a way that he was shocked TWICE, giving him a nice 21% damage from ONE Thunder attack.

So I went into training mode to test this. I picked Battlefield, and Pit as my opponent. After placing both of us under one of the lower platforms, I thundered. No go. Trying it again, I managed to do it again, multiple times. I tried it on different characters. I can pull it off on Ike quite frequently, but not Martha. Bowser went extrordinarily well, but only if Pikachu was in front of him and right under his head.

Conclusions thus far:
  • The opponent must be close to the bottom of the platform the Thunder explosion happens on.
  • Short opponents (coughMetaKnightcough) can't be hit unless they're airborne while under the platform. Tall ones are best.
  • Occaisonally, you may land 30 damage, in which the opponent takes the full composition of thunder. This is Pikachu's strongest single attack.

NEED MOAR TESTING

K 2

Smash Lord
Wow...nice...

This would really **** on battlefield, since there are so many platforms.

Also, kind of random, but do you think the double hit thunder counts as two separate hits on the diminishing return counter?

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Wow...nice...

This would really **** on battlefield, since there are so many platforms.

Also, kind of random, but do you think the double hit thunder counts as two separate hits on the diminishing return counter?
1. Yes, provided that it's mastered. Platforms are not really a hinderance to thunder anymore because of this. =D
2. Not sure. In training mode it counts as two separate hits. 3 if you land the 30% version. I don't experiment with diminishing returns, though.

Was this easy to pull off after a while?
Like I said, it varied by character and Pikachu's proximity to them. Bowser ate took two hits quite frequently, Martha nearly always took one.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
more stuff related to this are posted on my thunair thread. this makes thunair happen lol and i love doing it. and yeah you can see the full 30 hit in my first thunair. basically they just have to get stuck in the tip, and it somehow hits multiple times.

I bumped it for people to look at. there was also some discussion on OS's DI thread.

Top Bottom