• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aftershock 2, Hagerstown MD, May 29th

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
lmao! austin is back :p
good **** at taking first

you lose to sage..........
._______.
All sorts of massive johns about that :laugh:
I'm busy splitting and identifying vids, they should be up soon (can someone PM me or reply to this thread about how to make a playlist for the people viewing? I'm apparently a complete youtoobnoob :()

PhantomMarth

Smash Cadet
-haha...that tournament was Awesome! agh!

Vist is pretty beast/annoying wit WeeGee but thats all it takes to win rite? ha I really want to get better wit either Puff or G&W...i need input from you guys to tell who i am better at already...btw...i cant believe i even held my own cause i just bought another copy of Melee last Mon.! ha

videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH2wtxMEZXs (Game&Watch)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNFjUtkiKxI (Puff)

PhantomMarth

Smash Cadet
!Help!

That tournament was legit! i was at the first one and had a great time but...i still dont kno who to main...!

I play for now Puff and Game&Watch

even though I almost beat Wenbo wit my Link, i dont give a s*** that it was ONLY a friendly it was close...! ha

i need some input from you guys to help me decide who to main

videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH2wtxMEZXs (Game&Watch)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNFjUtkiKxI (Jiggs)

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Main Jigglypuff so you have a top tier character. Play Game and Watch for friendlies and beating bad people in tournament that you encounter. Don't try to be good with only Game and Watch.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Just practice getting more consistent tech skill ~_~ getting down the SHFFLC will help you considerably with every single character (cept for like, Luigi and Jiggs)

Also, pound from the edge is just asking to get ***** :lick: it's really easy to bait with a dashdance, even though I still misspace it sometimes ...

JMOAN

Smash Apprentice
Nice tournament. There were tons of TVs, and I was almost always playing in a friendly with someone.

I really liked the B+ tournament, and did better than I expected given that I haven't played in months. Was Jiggs+ changed to be godlike?
To everyone I played, good matches. Next time I'm playing with one of you Foxes, I want to get tons of practice, since I always seem to choke in tournament matches against that char (no johns).

For those of you who were curious, I'm from Nashville originally, but now live in State College, PA. Sadly, during the summer, State College becomes a barren wasteland of Melee (and it wasn't thriving much to begin with). Hagerstown is a good distance away from me, so please please host more of these, zomg!

MooseEatsBear

Smash Journeyman
****ing DosV and Wembo knocking me out in winners and losers first bracket matches. Lol, I just wish I'd placed higher.

BigWenz

Smash Ace
what are you doing??? why are you leading him down the path of the dark side

I would say work on your tech skill and try all the top/high/mid characters before you limit yourself to a few choices.

why would you bother working on tech skill when you can **** with very little tech skill i.e up tilt rest lol also that tournament was mad fun i wish the crew battles had commentary cause that was hilarious

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
what are you doing??? why are you leading him down the path of the dark side

I would say work on your tech skill and try all the top/high/mid characters before you limit yourself to a few choices.
The key to succeeding at this game is to pick one of the top 12 characters and play them in the gayest way you can. Just keeping it real.

The key to succeeding at this game is to pick one of the top 12 characters and play them in the gayest way you can. Just keeping it real.
Fox
Marth
Sheik
Falco
Jigglypuff - This is like a 5-way tie for number 1 best character
Peach
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers -Here's where it gets iffy
Doctor Mario
Ganondorf
Samus
Luigi too? I guess we can look at Vist.

No we can look at WINSTON
Yeah
WINSTON
:bee:
And him too. :laugh:

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Who the heck says top 12? You're just super biased about Luigi haha.

If you're gonna include Luigi then you can probably include DK and Pika. IDK I think they're just harder to learn but they're similarly good characters to Luigi...

Top Bottom