• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

After all the good things announced, what else the game needs to be really Ultimate for you?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Characters:
- Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Bandana Waddle Dee
- Chorus Kids
- Isaac
- Neku Sakuraba from The World Ends With You
- Fiora from Xenoblade (not looking good for her if being in Shulk’s Final Smash is any indication)
- Dixie Kong
- Lloyd Irving
- Rex and Pyra from Xenoblade 2 (likely to be DLC)
- an ARMS character or two (will probably also be DLC)
- Dante From The Devil May Cry Series(TM). No, really. And classic Dante, not Ow-The-Edge Donte like from PSASBR
- Buzzwole as the Gen 7 Pokémon (an Ultra Beast!!)
- Rayman cause why not
- Octoling as an Inkling echo (probably DLC)
- maybe Shantae?

I only really NEED the first 5 in order of priority, the rest and anyone not listed is just icing on the cake if at least the first two happen

Modes:
- Boss Mode
- a Story mode, kinda like Subspace Emissary but on a slightly smaller scale, and NO Great Maze.
- anything that’s NOT Smash Tour

Stages:
- if we don’t get a Fatal Frame playable character, at least a stage...? It would represent the survival horror genre and Fatal Frame/Project Zero IS co owned by Nintendo now
- Sylvalum’s Lake Ciel (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
- Ramen Bowl (ARMS)
- Farlaine Wells/Mor Ardain (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)

Music tracks:
- Sonic Mania tracks (one I particularly want is Hi Spec Robo Go!)
- Sonic Forces tracks (Fist Bump, Theme of Infinite, Aqua Road)
- Moonstruck Blossom from Kirby Triple Deluxe
- a LOT of Xenoblade X tracks. Uncontrollable is a must
- Forces of Nature from Metal Gear Rising
- some non-FF Square Enix franchise music (TWEWY music is a given if we get Neku, I’d also like to see music from the Chrono games, Star Ocean, NieR, Bravely Default etc. maybe even FF music that isn’t from VII)
- if we get Joker from Persona 5 as an Assist Trophy (or playable I ain’t picky), some Persona music in general
- the vocal theme of Captain Falcon from F-Zero GX, how is this NOT in Smash yet
- Calling to the Night returning from Brawl. I need my dramatic epic fights. Pls.
- actual full version of Live And Learn, if you can’t give us the full DK Rap at LEAST give us this
- Tales Of series music (a given if we get Lloyd)

Assist Trophies:
- Dillon
- Saki Amamiya (cause let’s be real either he’s gonna be an AT again, or his son Isa Jo will)
- Lin Lee Koo (Xenoblade X)
- Joker (Persona 5)

If I think of more things I’ll edit this post accordingly

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Every stage. As far as I'm concerned, it's not ultimate till it has every stage.

I'd forgive a lack of Miiverse, though

Last edited:

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
I'm perfectly happy with the game as is, but if we're talking Ultimate as in 'can't be beat', Geno, more Zelda reps, another Pokemon Trainer style pokemon character, a Custom Robo character, Lloyd Irving and Leon from Resident Evil 4. Done.

Yuya-Noboru

Smash Journeyman
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate filled me with so much hype and excitement but there are still things that are missing or that I'd like to see in the game. Here is my personal "wishlist" for the game to be perfect.

1) (Better) Story-Mode
I really enjoyed Subspace Emissary back in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and I was disappointed when Super Smash Bros. 4 was released that I didn't even bother buying the game. I recently bought it but the replay value is very low in comparison of Brawl. Moreover, I always loved the "hidden" lore of Super Smash Bros and I'd like to know more about it in a new story mode.

Also, the new story mode should mix scenery from the fighter's universe so you would travel through a lot of universes. It would be beautiful and fun to travel through the Mushroom Kingdom before reaching Brinstar (for example).

2) Improved Stage Builder
Since Super Smash Bros. Brawl, the thing that I want the most in this feature would be that when you create a stage, you have an option to have the chosen in-game track playing in the background while creating your stage. Having the same track over and over is really annoying. Also, more backgrounds would be nice and the possibility to import custom backgrounds even more (the shared stages would use the vanilla background to prevent unfriendly contents). it needs to have more objects like in Super Smash Bros. Brawl too and it could take few scripted-elements from actual stage to improve the players experience.

They should add an option to create point where a character can grab the side of a platform. How many goddamn time did I just spend re-drawing a platform so it gives me the option? And when you draw two forms that collide, it could give you an option to fusion those two into one so it would looks better and it could prevent the glitch where your character is dragged inside the platforms and get stuck between them. A Brawl-like block option to create stage would be nice because sometimes it's painful to create platforms that suddenly transform into a weird thing so you have to delete and retry.

Having the possibility to expand/reduce the size of the stage while creating it (the same way you'd crop a picture in Photoshop) would be cool. Lightning & particles options too (so the stage doesn't looks terrible in comparison to real ones). In addition, we must be able to decide where players spawn.

3) Event Match Creator
An Event Match Creator would be too much fun, there are too much things to do. We should be able to save them (and share them with the community online). Just think of it...

4) Modes
Alternate All-Star
: When every characters are unlocked, you'd be given the option to play the alternate All-Star version (by toggling the alternate button). Basically, it would be a one-round All-Star match as seen in Super Smash Bros. 4 Co-Op Event Match. To see how it could looks like just watch this:

By the way, bring back Break the Targets!, Boards the Platforms and Race to the Finish! The new Classic Mode's bonus stage could be randomized with those mini-games. Also, they could add funny modes like I saw on this video :

4) Miscellaneous
  • Just make the controller shakes when your foe is about to escape your grab so you know when to throw them.
  • Since Super Smash Bros. Melee, I want the special battles to give you the option to make different status for each characters. So you can make "Metal X" versus "Giant X" for example.
  • Item Spawn Modifier: Gives player the option to choose the probability for each items to appear (in %) with extra options for Pokeballs & Assist trophies where you could turn on/off which Pokemon or Trophies could appear (good bye Nintendogs).
  • Alternate SSB stages: You'd be able to select 64/Melee/Brawl/Sm4sh skin for Battlefield & Final Destination.

Last edited:

chaostails7

Smash Cadet
Professor Layton (or Phoenix Wright, but who am I kidding). This puzzling gentleman would be soooo awesome to have in.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Captain Toad
Dixie Kong
Bandana Waddle Dee
At least two Zelda characters who aren't Links/Zeldas or Ganons. Echoes are fine. Impa, Tingle, Vaati and Skull Kid are decent choices
Meowth. The only Pokémon I'd consider a star left apart from maybe Eevee.
Chibi-Robo
Isabelle
Isaac
Coming around to Gardevoir too

Rambi assist trophy
Doshin the Giant stage

D

Deleted member

Character wise I would love to have Lloyd Irving. But even if he's not in, I'll still be content with the roster.

AzureFGC

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 8430 3304 6726
There's one only thing needed for me, good netcode.

Battiest Badger

Smash Cadet
Oddly enough, I think Pokeball Beedrill should come back. Also:

Krystal
Andross
Ray (Custom Robo)

In terms of characters, these are the three that I've wanted for some time now, and now all have been Assist Trophies at one point or another. They're all pretty much never gonna make it at this point, but if any of them ever did, I'd be thrilled. Also, in that regard, if DLC is a thing, I'd say a new Nintendo Rep for any 3rd Party Character that makes it in via DLC.

Top Bottom