• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aerials for recovery (Pit)

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
Hey, guys. I've been hunting through the Pit forums in an effort to
find his fastest aerial in terms of frames.

There is a thread for this technuique under the brawl tactical thread.

Anyone who can give me Pit frame data (even just for the aerials) would be much appreciated.

Yes, I saw the thread about recording vids and deriving it that way, but
I don't have the software. XD

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I saw that thread too. I think D-air is the quickest of them all. Now that I know I shouldn't use Aerial dodges as a way to slow down knockback, I can make my survival with Pit go way above the 120% I usually die at...

kupo15

Smash Hero
Dair? absolutely not lol. Nair is the quickest. I actually made a frame data for Pit. The first one should not have been closed because I was about to edit the numbers so I had to make a second thread which I believe is pretty close.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Dair? absolutely not lol. Nair is the quickest. I actually made a frame data for Pit. The first one should not have been closed because I was about to edit the numbers so I had to make a second thread which I believe is pretty close.
Wait, are you sure of what we mean by "fastest?" We meant as in the aerial's overall frames including cool-down and start-up lag in the air. We didn't mean just start-up. If N-air is seriously the case, then nvm...

kupo15

Smash Hero
oh my bad, well I do think its nair anyway because of this. Nair is the only aerial that if you fast fall from a short hop (at the right time) you get no landing lag.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
oh my bad, well I do think its nair anyway because of this. Nair is the only aerial that if you fast fall from a short hop (at the right time) you get no landing lag.
Hmmm, maybe. Well, you see, we saw this one thread in Brawl tactical Discussion about how people should quit using aerial dodge to gain character control after being hit by huge knock back and instead use a quick aerial as quickly as you can (followed by a jump if the hit was horizontal knock back). There was a video attached to this that showed the examples of how this worked. They were quite stunning... ZSS didn't die from Zelda's uncharged upsmash around 100% by neutral aerialing while dying from the same Upsmash at the same damage with d-air. Same thing with MK getting hit by a D-smash from fox at the 100% mark by using 1 dair and then immediately jumping to regain control. Because aerial dodging is slower than the aerial, they have less time to regain control of the character before they hit the blast zones. The thread talked about how people do use aerials but how people spammed them too much and don't jump after the first one, causing them to die because of lack of character control. From the looks of the video, he made the characters use their fastest aerial and have them immediately jump afterwards to regain this control.

If we can find which aerial is the fastest overall if done only in the air for Pit, we could raise Pit's survivability rate with this new finding.

I might be caught up a little too much (Wow, I used like 200 words....) but if this works, this could really help everyone in lessening the fear of being hit far back so much and allow us to still have the confidence to continue to attack at the opponent with mostly no fear at the 100% mark to gain control of the match using Pit's excellent combo-ing skills.

(Wow, 300 words now...)

kupo15

Smash Hero
Yea I saw that thread also. I believe there were some moves that didn't help at all, maybe? Well it would have to be the Nair because of my reasoning....right?

Kmaru

Smash Cadet
OMG thanks a whhhhhhhooooooooolllllllllleeeeeeeeeee bunch i had no idea

Top Bottom