• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adviceies?

Cactuarz

Smash Ace

QERB

Banned via Warnings
oh hell yeah.

<3 your use of u-air, i def took notes, it's such an underrated move. ****.

against sheik in the first match, your first death sheik d-throw to up-smashes you. i THINK you could up-b out of it before she can u-smash you there, because it took her a while to get that off. Not that that's a huge deal anyways because she coulda just u-aired and got the same result, but just saying.

not a huge fan of sidestepping vs. sheik (or in general with g&w, although it does have it's moments!) she can punish it too easily.

your edge cancelled aerials are ****. fooled sheik so many times with it in the first match, very nice.

good edgeguards against sheik, intercepting her up-b with f-air and n-air twice, aggressive edgeguarding vs sheik ftw, i agree with that

when your shield eats up a sheik d-smash, wd out of shield to grab all day! that one time you just rolled instead and then got dash attacked! i'm sure u know that though anyways.

also on dl when you're recovering, the sweetspot area is really huge, which means you can up-b from a lot lower. shouldn't get d-smashed by shiek while recovering! though you probably already know that too (: lol
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

your gw on brinstar is a monster. all those edge cancels and mindgames...too good

one habit you might have that i noticed (because i have the same one) is that when you're trying to Maybe finish off a combo, like on brinstar at 3:48, you get a nice combo, f-air d-tilt n-air, then you go for a tech chase f-air, which you clearly know sheik is gonna get her shield up in time but you went for it anyway! when you know that happens, even though you know you COULDA gotten it, you gotta back off and reset it, cuz you know you'll get punished for a non-spaced f-air like that, not worth risking it. i have the same habit of "going for it anyway".

as for match 3, and in general for these matches, if there's one thing i can point out about this matchup in general for you, it would probably be that i think you should jab more. it's really the only move that's faster than sheik's tilts, and can outprioritize them and lead into other moves. I saw you were able to jab grab fairly often, like on brinstar, which is good! but definitely used them more if sheik is going to play as aggressive as she did in game 3 on bf. gw's jab is soooo good.

EDIT: also on battlefield, you have to stay clear of sheik throwing needles from the platforms by all means. once you get hit with a aerial needle, she can fall on you off the platform and f-air, and there's nothing you can do at all (other than shield) because there's too much stun for you to get a u-tilt or u-air off in time. and after the f-air you get grabbed, and once you get grabbed, life is no fun ): so really watch out for those needles especially on the edge of the platforms on bf....they're so nicely placed for sheik

sheik's approach really is not that good compared to some chars like fox, so really letting her approach and using jab and cc d-tilt is a fairly good strategy. but you had nice baits and good reads overall.

not gonna look over this post just yet hope it makes sense and it helps!

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
A lot of my rolls/sidesteps are me judging sheildhitstun incorrectly and trying to wavedash out of sheild but jumping while still in the stun =c Really need to stop that haha.

Thanks for all the advice, I need to jab a lot more than I do for sure =)

Next time i'm on the other side of the state I'll rematch him =). haha, Can't wait to destroy!

_KuyaSombreo_

Smash Ace
i dont think that GaW should be too aggressive against sheik, waiting and playing it safe is usually better

dont be afraid to whif a hammer every once in a while, if you connect sometimes it can disrupt the momentum and give you an opportunity

or whatever, i dont really know what im talking about

keeper

Smash Champion
Yeah, Cactuarz has good edgecancels, but I still should have won on Brinstar (awesome suicide at 40%).

Things I've told you before: You edgehop fair nearly every **** time. You have a habit like that with every character you play, it seems where it's just a mindless "YEAH I'LL DO THIS NOW!"

I agree with KuyaSombreo with hammers. If you can figure out times to implement them where you may instead just fair or something, throw one out. It could result in a kill, edgeguard opportunity, or at worse you'll get a 1/miss. Eventually, playing someone, you can condition them to not know whether or not to expect the hammer or fair at that place (assuming those are interchangeable in certain situations, I'm not sure on that). Thus meaning you could start forcing me/others into just airdodging them punishing after, so even if you whiff and get a 1 or even miss, you can punish the air dodge.

Qerb, doesn't G&W's jab have some disjoint to it?

EDIT: also on battlefield, you have to stay clear of sheik throwing needles from the platforms by all means. once you get hit with a aerial needle, she can fall on you off the platform and f-air, and there's nothing you can do at all (other than shield) because there's too much stun for you to get a u-tilt or u-air off in time. and after the f-air you get grabbed, and once you get grabbed, life is no fun ): so really watch out for those needles especially on the edge of the platforms on bf....they're so nicely placed for sheik
I agree with this (thanks btw =D). The whole time I'm up on those platforms, I'm just trying to bait you into stepping somewhere in the middle so I can get a single need on you for that stun/panic shield. Once you're in that situation I can just drop and fair you, shield or not, and depending on the percent I can then grab you from there even if you didn't shield. You've got to find the whole from the platform drops and movements (they're many, especially when I mess up my wavelands and just air dodge @_@) and stay in safe places or do as you said earlier in that IM and just get a quick hit and run.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
thx keeper ^_^ yea, i told qerb i needed to work on the fairs every time so he didn't mention it x.x it's just a bad habit i'm working on haha. Jab has ridiculous disjoints to it =)

Van.

Smash Ace
thx keeper ^_^ yea, i told qerb i needed to work on the fairs every time so he didn't mention it x.x it's just a bad habit i'm working on haha. Jab has ridiculous disjoints to it =)
What options are better than F-air for ledgehopping?

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
What options are better than F-air for ledgehopping?
situationally, uair. But things like wavelanding on the ledge after a ledgehop are very safe. Rolling and stand up can also help you get on. Playing chars with bad recovery has quickly taught me that getting back on safely is generally far more important than looking for opportunities to go on the offensive from the ledge. I think ledgehopping in general is pretty risky because if you are hit out of it you have no jump...

Top Bottom