• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice, please?

thecheat

Smash Apprentice
See, there is a kid in my math class named "rob", and he is 19. he was expelled from school his spohmore year, and drinks. Here's my plight. One day, when I got off the bus, rob drove up to me, asking for an XBOX controller. He gave me a ride home, and I gave him my controller. I then went on a walk, and when I came back, he was on my porch, talking to my mom. He told me his xbok was broken, and wanted to borrow mine. I am bad with conversations, so I just let him, but as you can imagine, my parents werent thrilled. Of course, due to these strange events, they believe I am on drugs and drinking. Heres the catch. Im not. I hate the crap, and I don't even hang out with drinkers or smokers. I love my parents, and I do not want to lost their trust to something I dont do. I feel that they won't believe me, though. Think about it, a kid they don't know just happens to know my adress, and happens to show up. I was stressed by this, so I got my x back as soon as I could, and told him not to come back to my place. That was before I knew he drank. Last friday, he came to my door at TEN PM wanting to borrow a controller. Again, my bad conversation skills played up, and I let him borrow it. I was giving it to him, when he asked if my parents were home, and when I said yes, said "Darn, guess you can't get out." Imagine if they had heard that. They would have lost all their trust in me for good. Once again, I was incredibly stressed, ant tried to reach him for forever. My parents didnt know about his visit, but I was scared about the thought that he may come back. Eventually, I got him, and told him that I couldn't let him borrow anything anymore, and to stay away from my place again, a bit more harshly. However, when he came to school monday, he told me he was drunk that night, which was when I realized that he was probably drunk when he stopped by. Which brings me to this. How do I tell a drunk guy to stay away from my house? I had told him before to keep out, but what if the most recent time didnt work. He said the first time I loaned him a controller that he asked an enemy for one. Whose to say he won't "forget". He is a total jerk, too. I'm going to be away for some time this summer, and what if he shows up drunk when my parents are around? I just can't face them. I can't do it. I can't explain it to them. Does anybody have any suggestions to keep him away permanently?

Ghoul555

Smash Rookie
you could ask your parents to drug test you so you can prove to them that you aren't on drugs, maybe even introduce them to your friends so they can see they don't do drugs either. if you really want to keep the guy away maybe you can tell him your dad's a cop and he's busted kids while on drugs before, you can even tell him your dad's a narcotics officer. I don't know, that probably sounds stupid but that's all I could think of.

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
I don't care how much your parents scare you, ya need to talk to them and tell them the TRUTH! Let them know what's going on, if they really trust their son they will believe you and another thing is you can call the police if he keeps bugging you like that at your home.

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
If you ask me, you can't really dance around this situation at all, you're gonna have to face someone sometime, sooner or later. Explain this situation to one of the two, if you're dealing with the drunk, make sure he isn't...as you discuss. If he understands, good, if he doesn't, then you need to talk to a parent of yours, because if you try hiding it or getting away with it somehow, and it backfires, you seem as if you are hiding something. Nothing to hide, nothing to lose, if you don't want him around, make sure he knows that. And is constantly reminded of that. I know it might be hard, but it's an important way to deal with things quickly. It might be hard to confront someone, it always will be sometime, sooner or later, but once you start to talk, you get the rest out and easily. If you have that much trouble, write a note, but before you go to anything else, do the obvious and tell the person, in some way. If he doesn't comply, then bring the issue to the parents, don't be shy or nervous, you've got nothing to hide. Even if they do't believe you-don't be stressed. They can't believe a lie forever, especially since you don't drink or anything, sooner or later they'll find out you don't somehow. But once a problem starts, you have to end it before something happens. And once you throw yourself into it, it's too late and you know you did what you have to, and if it gets worse, just do your best. That's how I handle a situation...

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Next time he's by, tell him to leave. If not, call the cops.

If you know he's drunk (smell through the door, slurring, staggering about), just call the cops. They'll have a field day.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Though my original plan was to suggest what Eor said, I'd advise against that. If he comes over uninvited drunk and you get him busted, he'll just get fined and he'll be pissed. I say, if he comes back, lock the door. So if he does more, you can get him on more charges.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Join a anti-drug group? If it's really that serious then follow the other guys' advice. It sounded kinda funny the way you told it.

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
just start doing drugs and drinking. that way your parents will be right, and then, just tell them that you're on drugs, and they won't lost their trust in you because you're being honest.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
He will just come through the windows, drunks always find a way.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
And that is called 'trespassing' and 'breaking and entering.' Add that to underage drinking + public drunkenness and the guy will have plenty on him.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Try to convince him not to drink. Tell him it damages the liver and other random facts against alcohol like that. You'll be such a buzz kill he wont want to associate with you. Heck, if you succeed then that's even better.

First thing first would be to tell your parents for your own safety as well as theirs if he's a mean drunk.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I don't really see why you felt obligated to lend your XBox out to somebody you hardly knew in the first place. Even people with "bad conversation skills" can usually manage to say "no."

Next time he comes, follow CK's advice. Tell him that you're not going to lend any more expensive electronic equipment to somebody you hardly know, and ask him not to come back. If he doesn't leave, threaten to call the cops. If he still doesn't leave, call the cops.

You might want to keep a locked door between him and you for this conversation.

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
Heh, well, it's nice a random guy you'll probably never meet could be of a use to you. If you've got more going on with this, I'll be glad to help, but there's so much anyone can do. Good luck, I guess.

len1

Smash Journeyman
Stick with CK's advice

or if you go with common's idea say "100% of Drinkers Die"

Top Bottom