• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice for using Marth in tournament

undyinglight

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I am a competitive Melee player who mains as Marth. I do not yet have brawl yet I am going to be going to a midniaht release tournament for brawl. What advice can you give me on how to use him effectiveley.

zachp378

Smash Rookie
Being a veteran Marth player myself, I would suggest rolling around your opponent, grabbing him, tossing him up, and using an up smash.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Let's get started on terrible advice then!

Here's mine: USE TEH ITAMZ LOLOLOLOLOLL

Seriously I don't know. Use dtilt for approach? It makes Marth move forward now.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Lol, just camp a lot and do upBs out of shield then smash them! ;D

Youll get owned but man have fun it will surely be a very funny experience!!! dont worry just chill and have a good time.

XxSubzeroxX

Smash Rookie
um #1. how do u no the chars will be unlocked when u go to the release. #2 listening to veterans aint gonna help at all since brawl is so much different then melee

-Ran

Smash Master
Most tournaments aren't allowing secret characters, and their staff is told to reset the game when anything is unlocked.

Meljin

Smash Apprentice
Haha, a tournament with Wii reset every 10 fights...
Using AFA, ANA, ABA, grabs, counter for the laggy predictable moves like pikachu down B, forward B in pivot, if you see Grab will be useless, try forward B in pivot, it is strong & usefull. After eh.... Neutral B on Purin rests...

Ok, i'm saying "each moves are good for a position, a moment, no one is useless (without jab, lolz)if you use them good".

Dream Chaser

Smash Journeyman
I played brawl for the first time today. I chose marth first because he was my main in melee. But, he seems to have been "nerfed" in power. I havnt tried him out in a 1 on 1 but I was disappoined with my first effort in a FFA :p

Its also hard to judge (being new to the game) the spacing accurately which I found somewhat problematic.

Unfortunately I havnt any stages where recovery is an issue. All my deaths were hitting the side wall or the ceiling (infact almost all were ceiling because there was little magnifying space from what I remember before you hit the roof).

I think the most important thing is the spacing and choice of your attacks which seems to be to hit the opponent in a way that they cant counter attck (because marth has low power in general). You really need practice for these things. So I think the best thing you can do to help yourself is to try to get some practice in if its at all possible.

Oh and if a smash ball appears, -get it-.

(these are just opinions and feel free to disagree)

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
lmao! im doing that tournament too. i hope we get the tounrmament game with the characters unlocked. i hope so cuz then i will have to use some weird char idk how to main

im going to see what advice i can get from pit just incase the game at the tourny doest have marth

WR3K

Smash Ace
marth? oh thats easy

for marth you really just need to wiggle the c stick around alot and occasionally press the red button a few times...

and BAM, win!

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
marth? oh thats easy

for marth you really just need to wiggle the c stick around alot and occasionally press the red button a few times...

and BAM, win!
Yep, except you'll probably get beaten by anyone with half a brain...

Top Bottom