• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice for my team?

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 116 Def / 96 SAtk / 56 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Surf

Standard bulky water for Mence/Jolteon/Zapdos/Aero leads. It can take a HP [Grass] and still have enough to switch back in to Rest it off. Helps with Ttar too.

Jumpluff (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 36 HP / 136 Atk / 56 Def / 252 Spd / 28 SDef
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Encore
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

Yea, the EVs are weird, but I have the attack to exactly OHKO Heracross and Breloom. It kills Sceptiles in 2 hits as well, not that I'm going to be staying in and risking HP [Ice].

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Focus Punch
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide
- Substitute

Subpuncher. Blah blah blah.

Dusclops (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 16 Def / 64 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Focus Punch
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rest
- Will-O-Wisp

Blocks spin, Celebi killer.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Def / 176 SAtk / 16 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Ice Beam
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled

Lol by now you can probably tell I like screwed up weird EVs. With that much SpAtk, this thing exactly OHKOs Salamence and Flygon and it will leave Dragonite so crippled it won't be doing much else.

Cloyster (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Explosion
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes

Sets up spikes, physical walls, blows things up, blows away spikes. Kills Salamence as well. :D

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Spd / 96 SAtk / 24 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rest
- Roar
- Sleep Talk
- Thunderbolt

Standard Sleep Talker. No Hidden Power to kill Flygon or Swampert, but eh. I think the STalking Roar is worth it.

Basically revolves around Spikes. Cloyster sneaks in Spikes pretty easily and Subseed Encorepluff and STalk Zapdos is just begging for switches. Thinking about taking out Ttar, since Jumpluff doesn't really enjoy the sand, but then I have a Celebi problem. =/ I usually play UU, so I wouldn't really know. I've done okay with this so far, but any suggestions? Oh btw this is advanced.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
Get better moves for Tyranitar. Hidden Power Substitute wtf. Make it learn Hyper Beam or something. It has a high attack

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Get better moves for Tyranitar. Hidden Power Substitute wtf. Make it learn Hyper Beam or something. It has a high attack
Get better at playing the game. Randoms giving horrible recommendations what the freak. Make yourself get good or something. You have low intelligence

Sarcasm aside, this looks like a pretty solid team. I'd watch out for stuff that likes to spin your spikes away, though. If a claydol gets in on zapdos, all your spikes are gone the next turn (barring the 33% for roar), considering you lack a ghost.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Yea, I don't like spinners =( Right now, I have to use Substitute to block Spikes, and sadly, both my subbers die to IB/EQ Claydol =/ I was thinking Dusclops, but I can't really afford to ditch anything. Maybe drop Ttar? But then Snorlax and Celebi become stupid :( I guess I can just Encore Snorlax and Celebi's statups, but one wrong prediction and I get 6-0ed by a Curselax or CMCelebi unless my Zapdos is asleep and happen to pick Roar =/

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Well, as long as you have pluff I don't think lax is that big of an issue. ESPECIALLY WITH ALL YOUR SUBBERS.

Celebi is a completely different problem. You could try giving clops hp:bug. I've used random HPs on clops to some success. Most CM celebi stay in on clops (or even switch into, as I've noticed), because they figure against most opponents it's a few free CMs before BPing it off. HP:bug should take care of it. Compared to SB, it does enough extra damage that if you burn celebi, it'll 2HKO most of the time if you give it 220ish atk. Granted, that's a lot of EVs, but it's a guarantee 2HKO on timid celebi (again, with a burn). Now they can try to recover it off, but that's just begging for a CH, and they're losing more than they're gaining from the recovers. Non-BP celebi get pretty much *****. Only thing to watch out for is bold celebi... with 300 def it can take the hits much easier. You'll need to have spikes down already for that to work. But just that little extra 6% is enough.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Haha thanks for the input. I just played a CBCham that gave me more problems than I liked too (critted my Pluff with Brick Break and OHKOed it :(), so I guess all the more reason to include Dusclops.

Dusclops (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 16 Def / 64 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Focus Punch
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rest
- Will-O-Wisp

That was what I came up with after a bit of thought. That should give it 220 attack. Celebis are so variable, but I'm thinking most of them are passers with 101 subs and around 270ish speed. They'll want some SpAtk too, so I'm thinking the sub passers will be having at most 270ish defense, which this will be 2HKOing with Spikes/WoW support. Focus Punch I guess is kinda obligatory for Blissey. Impish to take Donphan hits. I think I'll try that for a bit. Thanks for the suggestion :D

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
Get better at playing the game. Randoms giving horrible recommendations what the freak. Make yourself get good or something. You have low intelligence

Sarcasm aside, this looks like a pretty solid team. I'd watch out for stuff that likes to spin your spikes away, though. If a claydol gets in on zapdos, all your spikes are gone the next turn (barring the 33% for roar), considering you lack a ghost.

I have the low intelligence? :confused: Well I was just giving him advice from my point of view. It seems that you have low intelligence because the point of the thread was giving him help or advice. Get your facts straight. And I don't know what I did to make you all upset. You have issues or something or you insist you're always right, which you aren't.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
It was pretty obvious he was kidding.

PS: Leafgreen 386 is always right.
PS2: HyperBeam stinks. >.<

Outofdashdwz: Your uberness leaves me impressed and wide eyed.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Hehe thanks. Now I can't help but feel a lack of strong physical sweeping on my team =( But oh well. Can't have everything. The burns help Blissey a lot :D

Top Bottom