• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adventure

Red Alert

Smash Apprentice
Is it normal on 1-P mode that attacks don't degrade after many uses, or is that a result of using AR?

Dalal

Smash Ace
Final Destination - I have been trying to master t
I'm downloading right now... I can't wait! You know, I haven't been to SmashBoards in a while and forgot about this video project. Now, just visiting, I came across this and I was like "Oh Yeah!"... So, cool...

EDIT: Saw it! Amazing! I love every bit of it. The starting music scared me cause I had the volume up kind of high. And I love the ending credits. Very professional. 5-Star, 10/10, amazing, great, I love it. Worth the 99 meg of disk space on your hard drive.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
That was awesome.... but what was Perfect Control and Zero Mercy??? If they are vids, where can you download them? And how come Bowser doesn't get hurt from the FireFox's flame during the edgehog?

Risky

Smash Ace
Camo go to misc vids, then to the serving 6000+ sticky at the top, Perfect Control is under Cool Stuff. I haven't seen Zero Mercy so I couldn't tell you about it :/

six

Smash Ace
i rofled so hard on ic mountain, that was genius stuff

the rest was tight too, but that was definitely my favorite part. major props.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Red Alert said:
Is it normal on 1-P mode that attacks don't degrade after many uses, or is that a result of using AR?
Good eye there. Yes, in frame-by-frame mode attacks don't degrade in damage.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
AH! So many good reviews! *greases wireless card in hopes of speeding up the download*

EDIT (after watching) - holy crap... I'm surprised you guys didn't know the proper timing for KO-canceling... that Fox is sick.... sheesh....

Andrew Ott

Smash Journeyman
I saw some people having the problem of the deleted scenes/slow-mo version not opening.
For some reason, maybe they were encoded differently, they will only open on more developed video players, eg. Windows Media Player, RealPlayer.

So if it doesn't work try one of those.

To SDM: Bundle was a nice add-in, I am still watching/listening to something Adventure related every other hour.

Banned via Administration
This was amazing to watch at white 3, and hilarious that some people didn't know how it was done, lawl.

WIPE$$$

Smash Journeyman
masterwumpus said:
Great video. I was hoping you would take the long route in Underground Maze and own some Link, but I understand that these clips take incredibly long amounts of time to make, so it's all good. I also would have preferred to see the credits part slowed down to normal speed, but maybe that's just me. Good music selection, kept the pace going well. SDM, you have done it again. Two thumbs up.
i think it should have been slowed also.

how did you freeze the credits and how do you dash-dance that fast. every time i try on my friend's ar, fox ends up fox trotting :dizzy:

edit: i know how to move frame-by frame btw.

KyUuKyUu

Smash Ace
Hopefully far away from anybody who wants to know
You know, I think some of this could've been better than it already is... like for certain scenes you kind of went for speed over owning-ness, and I didn't think speed was the point of the video. Like for the Underground Maze - some Link ownage there would've been awesome. Same with the Metal Bros. It's still awesome, but it could've been awesome-er is what I'm saying.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
yes there are tons of things that could make tons of things better than tons of things already are, but this is what you got so deal with it.

awesome vid SDM cant wait for the superbowl commercial

SuperDoodleMan

Smash Ace
WIPE: I've found that if you dash forward first, it doesn't always let you turn around. Dashing back causes you to turn and always lets you dashdance. You must allow 1 frame to actually start running. So for the fastest possible dashdance, you'd hold each direction for 2 frames.

I'm well aware that some parts could have been better. However, I have a finite amount of patience when it comes to sitting in front of a TV for hours on end trying to get a successful run. Think of it like HRC, only instead of 10 seconds each attempt, it's 10 minutes, or as much as an hour. Again and again and again. I had other clips to get to, so when the Triforce appeared there, I called it quits.

Metal Bros, on the other hand, are impossible to fight. The shine trick I used on Giga Bowser doesn't work on them, they're so heavy. Nothing stuns them enough to avoid a counterattack. If not for the fluke double suicide, I'm not sure I could've gotten a satisfactory victory.

Groudon199

Smash Journeyman
And to freeze the credits or anything outside a match, press X+Up, just like you would if you wanted to pause the game.

Also SDM, I had an idea for the next project you can do. Do the same as you did in the Adventure video, only this time, do it in Classic mode.

Nigzel

Smash Ace
that won't be the same. since the characthers isnt the same every time. sure, the second coneria match isnt always the same, but it is atleast fox OR falco.

Nigzel

Smash Ace
well, yes. but it's still the same enemy at the core. same as the CPU's dont ALWAYS react the same. still, i don't think it would be as cool as Adventure. it mayby even would be boring to see something that is _just_ a copy of something.

Darkfalchion0813

BRoomer
BRoomer
does anybody know where i can get all these song remixes in the video? i already have the hyrule temple remix, but i wanna find all the others, can someone help out plz??? :)

ꓰspeon

Sun Pokemon
OMG 4 days after posting the vid and something like 150 posts! This is something everyone was expecting (including me, of course)
*downloading*
*argh 30 KB/s*

WIPE$$$

Smash Journeyman
Darkfalchion0813 said:
does anybody know where i can get all these song remixes in the video? i already have the hyrule temple remix, but i wanna find all the others, can someone help out plz??? :)
dl the bundle

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
That was quite possibly the coolest 1-player video I've ever seen. I'm really impressed by how it was so long but entertaining all the way through; it was fast paced and consistent, and man...that shinedashing was amazing.

Groudon199

Smash Journeyman
Just downloaded the bundle. Finally got all the music in the videos (the trailers and main video) and the deleted videos. I see why you didn't use that other menu clip. Much better to see rapid letter selecting than none, SDM.

Doraki

Smash Lord
yay, I finally watched this.

Commenting on it would be a doing a summary of the topic, so I'll just say that I'm again amazed at the absolutely enormous amount of work SDM had to do.
You're unbelievable..

I've done Fox HRC with AR a long time ago, and getting the good run was stupidly hard and doing 1 run lasted for 20 minutes, and of course I didn't record my best run back then and finally I got a run with 3% less than what I could get... and it really was a PAIN (esp. the editing)
and now this.. I can't believe you did all of this... woof...

Top Bottom