• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adventure

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Odendaalrust said:
So you didn't actually fight all those guys in real time? What was the point of the video if I may ask? I am not trying to sound harsh, I know the question may have come out harshly though.
exactly!
This is what we call a "toll assisted videos" or "Tool Assisted Speedruns"
If you google it, you may find a bunch of TAS videos, featuring almost every SNES and NES games!

Odendaalrust

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I got extremely scared of that video...I just cant get over it...I was about to qui super smash bros. seriously, hahah

Uno

Smash Journeyman
SDM you own

lol that you got "stale moves" on the peach castle stage!

SSBM Person

Smash Rookie
Sorry about that,SDM is just awsome at this games and I want to get to know him and be friends :)

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
sorry this is just the kewlest vid EVER

i made tool assisted speedruns before, but this is something else!

he didnt even use savestates, so thats just awsum.

REØ

Smash Lord
This video is one of my all time favorite, it's just so amazing. *saving it into my favorites folder* sdm you pwn.

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
This has probably already been done before but I put this on my ipod and I show it to people to inspire them to play SSBM because everyone thinks its just a kids game boohoo.

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
i still dont understand how he can make the video

sure he lpayed it frame by frame and stuff..

but how on earth did he speed it up into real time? its not like he cna stick a camera in front of the screen and then speed it up - because surely he played different parts at different speeds right?

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
LETS SEE...does that REALLY look like a Digital camera?? Look closely. And you can use Movie Maker to speed it up. You can also use various recording softwares to speed it up. I don't know what you're trying to get at.

ant-d

Smash Lord
BrTarolg said:
i still dont understand how he can make the video

sure he lpayed it frame by frame and stuff..

but how on earth did he speed it up into real time? its not like he cna stick a camera in front of the screen and then speed it up - because surely he played different parts at different speeds right?
I've also made such videos for the original SSB and other games. Yes, I can play through at different speeds. The recording device (in this case he used a capture card) captures only the frame input, not the space inbetween. So it is captured as a flowing video. Well, atleast that is how I do it.
For my video's using frame advance:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=72891

Nigzel

Smash Ace
OK.... you need to get things right, whetever this has been cleared up or not.

EclipseWebJS, correct! He probably recorded it with a VCR.

Then he re-recorded it using a capture card, now it's didgital!

Later on, he edited it using VirtualDub for the final CLIP. Removing the 'gap' between the frames. Or so called of yours, speeding the movie up.

And he used Ulead video studio (or something like 'video studio') 6. 9 is the latest version I'm dated to.

I hope this helped.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
Subscriping to thread. not to make this a spam post:
WoooW. Why I cant be that good to use AR.. not fair :cry: :lick:

How did you spam Shine so fast. I dont know any (advanced-)tactics with fox.
I dl the bundle today when i get back home. So that solves the music problem.

SipherothXIII

Smash Apprentice
i know u said that u were not going to make another video like this for other characters, but i beg of u to reconsider. I wanna see other characters beat this. please mr. SDM

PLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
WTF. what does PLEASEA mean? And is it necessary to use so many exclamation marks or caps

PS. post number 280 in thread :)

Top Bottom