• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adventure mode

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
story mode is a perfect idea and has no flaws YAY found a new program to instal *YOU HEAR THAT NINTENDO ???* ahem soo.. ahem... my all new move set is ready also in brawl chars then when u click it go 2 page 19 then see the dedede then on the last mega man and sonic

Ryuker Reo

Smash Apprentice
A story for each character would be cool. Not like right now in Melee, the characters go to the different places with no real reason to go there.

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
Well, absolutely every character in SSBB has had a mega-good story, So i doubt nintendo would have to much dificulty making storys for each character. I wouldn't like to see a story mode for the actual fighting game though.

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
Its a Tournament but they could elaborate on it more so the "babies of SMB" will know.

Im not sure what your trying to say. Do you mean the stroy mode would be a tournament ( in which case "branches" couldnt exist), and when refering to the babies of smb, what do ou mean. Sorry, I guess im just slow in some ways.

Yaiba Odoriko

Smash Rookie
OMG! That'd be so cool! They could make it have a story! Before each fight there'd be dialog explaining why they're fighting and maybe they'll have mini-games. And for each minigame you win you get coins, and they'll have stars you have to collect and...Yup, thought so. Sounds like a Mario Party idea...oh, I was being sarcastic btw.

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
Phew...that was a long six pages. Anyways, I gotta' couple of ideas and comments on other ideas. First off. All. I repeat all great fighting games have a story. Tekken, Soul Calibur, Power Stone, etc. all have amazing stories. Although some of them don't go into very much detail, they are underlying storylines which very much affect how you feel about the character.

Now, people seem to have concerns that either multi-player wil severely lack or the story will be lackluster and feel rushed. Concerning the former, if you look at the game close enough, it uses the same engine as SSBM to the key if you think about it. And SSBM used the engine of SSB. Therefore, the multiplayer is probably already done and taken care of. They just needed to add characters, polish, "super smash" moves and any other secrets they have in store for us.

As for story mode, I believe that they could implement two story modes in fact. Classic mode can have the story of the individual characters where they end with different bosses. With a soul calibur 2-esque destined battle in which they face their boss right before the master hand. There would be a slight dialogue, or maybe no sound at all.

For instance, Mario is running to face the final hand when a "hand corrupted" bowser knocks him off his feet. Bowser roars in the entrance of the final battle and Mario straightens his hat before bellowing a "let's a go!!" and jumping towards the beast. In contrast, Link can walk calmly towards the portal to the battle and stops suddenly turning around because he senses a presence. He sees Ganondorf there who meets him with no words but simply draws his sword. The two rush at each other and the battle begins.

Also, co-op adventure would be great!!!
1, You say that all great fighting games have a great story mode. would you consider SSBM to not be a great fighting game?

2. I agree withh all your points on multiplayer. I to have no idea hwy people feel it'll be rushed when it's already done.

3. I would lioke to see character specific bosses, but I competely disagree with your idea of fighting the master hand after. That was the one thing that made SSBM so tedious...Maaster hand again and again!!! I personaly would just like to see master hand swaated from the game ( and crazy hand to).

Pecans

Smash Rookie
"Tekken, Soul Calibur, Power Stone, etc. all have amazing stories. "

Not to nitpick...but Amazing? Come on.

It's made do for two whole games without even a hint of a story to add one now would be pointless. You don't need a good story to be a good game. And besides...whether or not Nintendo is a god at creating kick *** back stories (Mario saves Peach from Bowser countless times. wow.) this is a crossover fighting game. Two counts against any possible story right there.

Now as for changing story mode. Great idea. Ditto for character specific bosses.

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
^^^^XD. So true.
Anyway, i saw another thread talking about an mmorpg. Would that work with smash? I doubt, but anyway, it would certainly have to tie in with an adventure mod eif it did. Keep in mind that they mos likely will keep classic mode in, so adventure mode could be very, very diferent.

Top Bottom