• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adventure mode

King Axel

Smash Apprentice
That's a good idea, Squeater. However, what would falling off cliffs do to your health? What it instantly end the game? I think that would be too difficult.

Squeater

Smash Rookie
True, the cliffs would be a problem... maybe falling off cliffs could result in losing 100 stamina and and then respawning just as you would if you died with stock.

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
they seriously just need to add a story to how they at least banded together to defeat master hand for one player of course cause if u look at it melee 1st player mode wasnt that strong but remeberable , at the end of the fight they can show like what happened to them at the end of there games *Notice* strange how they where dolls, then trophies 1 would wonder what there gonna be next ^_^

here's my summary not a good story teller so tell me how it is. My theory was when they where first turned in to dolls and came to life and master hand was like there creator and he was bored so he made them come alive. then all the characters didnt agree to what master hand did with them and he casted them in a video game world which master hand plays . So when they get to the end and defeat master hand He Explodes Blowing everything back to normal but the Dolls change into Trophies and thats when melee starts Crazy Hand Reborns Master Hand and they decide to make the" most powerful badguys of nintendo" to destroy them then the trophies Come to life on there own and they have new friends to fight the battle against Crazy and Master hand's secret plot to create GIGA BOWSER. That's all i got for those 2 it's pretty much a quick "oh you just thought of this ****" but what can u do

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
No. NO fighting games needs a story mode. None. Zip...pop. Soul calibur 2 had one, but it was definitley not neccasary. I like a kinda mytery rather then them spelling everything out. Your basing this on the intro aswell, which I imagine willo be quite diferent in brawl. Anyways, about delaying the games....i I do not believe they have even made a release date yet...so they wont have to worry about delaying it atal. Also, I do like the stamina idea...but it sounds way to much like all-star.

Vyquinzum

Smash Rookie
Hmmm... a story? You know how in the first SSB game there were Fighting Polygons and in Melee there was Fighting Figures? What would they be in Brawl and could they be part of the problem in the story? Then we could invite the idea for all Brawl characters to join together against them and introduce a two-player Adventure Mode...

Aaron_Sketch

Smash Cadet
I have some more ideas for final bosses. :p

Zero suit Samus: Mother Brain (From Metroid Zero, when she has her zero suit)
Peach: Cackletta
Meta Night: Dark matter (I think Kirby can have King Dedede)
Wario: That final boss from Warioland 4

Good idea for adventure mode.

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
Why not its only in a certaint part of the game maybe story mode should introduce brawls own original character. All things have a story even fighting games.....*look for clues*

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
I have some more ideas for final bosses. :p

Zero suit Samus: Mother Brain (From Metroid Zero, when she has her zero suit)
Peach: Cackletta
Meta Night: Dark matter (I think Kirby can have King Dedede)
Wario: That final boss from Warioland 4

Good idea for adventure mode.

Wow, watch the multposting.

well, if were going to have a story, it will mosly be as bad as the one in ddr: mario mix.

"Dance to make everything good" was the basic premises.

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
Nt necessarily all they have to do is make the game about Master hand and how they come to life O_O!

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
According to ONM (in the UK official magazine) Sakurai has always wanted to do a much better and more involving singleplayer and intends to do so now, co op event matches are what I really want, a co-op advernture would be awesome too.

the problem

Smash Apprentice
well let me see if i can add to the list :p

Originally Posted by SSBMasterFox
Yeah, and each character should have a different last boss.

Mario- Bowser
Luigi- King Boo
Yoshi- Giga Bowser
Kirby- Dark Matter
Link- Ganon
Zelda- Ganandorf
Samus- Dark Samus

Things like that.

Fox/Falco-Andross (some form of him anyway)
bowser-mario :p
Ganondorf-zelda and link together
mewtwo0 bunch of pokemon keep coming and you get stamina (like pokemon)
thats all i got so far

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I forget who, and I forget where, but I remember seeing somebody post a really good idea for a variable adventure mode. It involved each adventure area having separate pathways that could only be accessed by certain characters. For example, if you came across a rope that was holding up a platform that led to an alternate lower route, and you had a character with a sword or something sharp, you could cut the rope and go into that way instead. Or, like, you come across the door that can only be opened if you can power it up. If your character doesn't have any electric/energy based attacks, you'd need to find another way in.

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
Plus why would kirby fight dark matter dedede would suit him more..and Fox fighting Falco <.< there like friends not enemies any more

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
* Eww...double posting*

Anyway, Fox and Falco have always been rivals ^^ so maybe they could have an odd stiry where fox and falco take their rivalry to far.

I love the idea o multiple routes...that would be great. What would be even btter is if they made it extremely dierse. Such as secret levels. Heck, if they had time they coul make up to 90 exits...

Squeater

Smash Rookie
Interesting how Sakurai wants the single player mode to involve more people... :laugh:

Though a bigger story mode really needs to be done. The only time I ever played melee's single player was to unlock characters, maps and trophies.

Komayto

Smash Apprentice
Hum. Adventure Mode. The idea of it was awesome in Melee, but the execution lacked.

I don't want a story. It would be awkward and out of place in a game like that. But I do want a better Adventure Mode. In SSBM, there were a lot of stages in there just for the heck of it. Just look at the Mother stage, the Kirby stage, Pokemon... They were all simply a series of battles.
There were a few good ones, though. The Mario stage was pretty cool, the F-Zero one suited the series... For some reason I also liked the part of the Metroid level where you had to escape. The Zelda one was kinda mediocre, sad to say, but you know what I mean.

What I want is more elements from the games the stages are from. It would certainly make for a more memorable Adventure Mode.

Squeater

Smash Rookie
I agree, alot of the adventure mode was just full of standard battles. In brawl I hope to see much less of that and more unique levels.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
If I know Wario, he didn't join smash brothers out of his own free will. He did it for the money. So what if his stage was a 3 minute coin melee/brawl with infinite stock? It wouldn't affect if the player's time for the bonuses at the end

SmashZ

Smash Cadet
I really dislike the idea of an adventure mode for each character. It completely misses the point of a crossover game like Smash Bros, instead, they should either:

-make a much longer adventure mode which only would be needed to be completed once, rather than once with everyone. The player would unlock items as he got through the levels and finished the game with any character. There could be more unlockables gotten by getting hidden items, doing some tasks (like finishing a level under a time limit or some other rule) or playing again in a higher difficulty level.

-Make a smaller adventure mode, but with multiple routes, like a Mario world, a Zelda world, etc. However, the characters wouldn't be limited to their own levels, one should be able to play through Mario's adventure with a Pokemon or a Zelda character. The boss would depend on the chosen path, not the character.

Of course, I really dislike unplayable bosses, because they could as well add more playable characters (If the boss isn't just a variation of a playable character).

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
Mario-Bowser

Luigi-King Boo

Yoshi-Baby Bowser/GIGA Bowser

Zelda/Link-Ganondorf/Ganon

Samus-SA-X
Samus v. SA-X would be pretty cool. The idea of specific bosses for specific characters sounds awesome 'cuz facing bowser over and over again was lame. Also, the only world that really involved the concept of the area (in my mind) was the race on Big Blue. A better Kirby world and a better Metroid world would be awesome. Meh, I just pray for a better adventure mode.

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
Right, every chatracter needs an end of level boss. So lets preety much fixate on the ten that are confirmed.
Mario-Bowser
fox-Andross
pit- ( i dont know who pit fought against)
metaknight-Kirby
zero suit samus-Motherbrain
samus-Ridley
link-Ganondorf
kirby-king dedede/metaknight
snake-Raiden
wario-Glove ( Dont ask why....)

Or, If all the booses get jumbled up, and the final fight does depend on multiple routes...then samus could end up fighting zero suit samus. There doesnt need to be any reason ( its a fighting game).

Armygeddon Bomb

Smash Ace
To make adventure mode more interesting, they should make it branch style. This way they could make it much more fun (at least until you finish every piece). With every branch you complete (or an amount) you unlock something.

Zedan

Smash Rookie
To make adventure mode more interesting, they should make it branch style. This way they could make it much more fun (at least until you finish every piece). With every branch you complete (or an amount) you unlock something.
How about this: Once you clear all the branches, you fight masterhand and crazyhand, and once you beat those you fight.... GIGA MASTERHAND! :chuckle:
That would be the ultimate match

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Phew...that was a long six pages. Anyways, I gotta' couple of ideas and comments on other ideas. First off. All. I repeat all great fighting games have a story. Tekken, Soul Calibur, Power Stone, etc. all have amazing stories. Although some of them don't go into very much detail, they are underlying storylines which very much affect how you feel about the character. Such as in Soul Calibur 2, what drove Maxi was his vengence against Astarok. In Tekken 5, Kazuya fought to achieve something he had lost and stop his father from outdoing him. These were all drives and there is no reason that Mario shouldn't have a drive as well. His drive is always the same anyways when you think about it. Even in adventure in SSBM, his drive was to stop Bowser at the end. Which he accomplishes.

Now, people seem to have concerns that either multi-player wil severely lack or the story will be lackluster and feel rushed. Concerning the former, if you look at the game close enough, it uses the same engine as SSBM to the key if you think about it. And SSBM used the engine of SSB. Therefore, the multiplayer is probably already done and taken care of. They just needed to add characters, polish, "super smash" moves and any other secrets they have in store for us. So I'm not worried about that at all. Concerning the latter, why would anyone accuse nintendo of creating a horrible single player story? I just finished Twilight Princess and my mouth hung open to its sheer immersive story. Then I replayed fire emblem and after Ike called yet another person a dastard, I realized that they were able to tell stories on par with Stephen King. Nintendo has fueled our lives and they have been working on this game long enough to not screw up. People were skeptical about the ds and the wii, but nintendo shows, time and time again, that when they make or attempt something, they do it better than anyone else.

As for story mode, I believe that they could implement two story modes in fact. Classic mode can have the story of the individual characters where they end with different bosses. With a soul calibur 2-esque destined battle in which they face their boss right before the master hand. There would be a slight dialogue, or maybe no sound at all.

For instance, Mario is running to face the final hand when a "hand corrupted" bowser knocks him off his feet. Bowser roars in the entrance of the final battle and Mario straightens his hat before bellowing a "let's a go!!" and jumping towards the beast. In contrast, Link can walk calmly towards the portal to the battle and stops suddenly turning around because he senses a presence. He sees Ganondorf there who meets him with no words but simply draws his sword. The two rush at each other and the battle begins.

Also, co-op adventure would be great!!!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Ace has a good idea. And he is right about Nintendo and their story modes, they never seem to disappoint. I don't think they'll start now. I don't really have any ideas for this so I'll come back if I think of any or see any I like.

Top Bottom