• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adventure mode

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
A new ssb, a new adveture mode. I'm wondering about the new stages, and whether they could make it better,Because, as far as I am cocerned, the last one was a joke.
Anyway, it's not my place to ppst opinions, but It would be so cool if each character could have their own adventure mode, althoyugh it would take along time to create, but in the original it got extremely boring after doing it for the 25th time.

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
adventure mode can get really boring, that would be really cool if they had personnal adventures.

SSBMasterFox

Smash Ace
I live in a little place called Strawberry, Arkans
experts.about.com said:
Appearances as Giga Bowser

Giga Bowser

Many speculate that the original Giga Bowser appeared in Super Mario World 2:Yoshi's Island. After Yoshi defeated Baby Bowser, Kamek sprinkled Baby Bowser with his special dust, which caused Baby Bowser to grow to enormous proportions. Upon this transformation, the newly-formed 'Giga Bowser' challenged Yoshi. 'Giga Bowser' turned back into Baby Bowser after being defeated. However, whether this transformation is related to that in Super Smash Brothers Melee is uncertain.
i've seen the picture somewhere. It looks just like him.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
Bomberman could get Wario, or Sirius, or some other Bomberman 64 boss.
That is, if Bomberman gets in >.<
HE WILL. =D

This thread won't last very long...

nux23

Smash Ace
it would be cool if Marth had a stage!!!
uhhhhhhhhhhh.............., he does. I Like your sig though.

------------------------
Keep in brawl:
1. wavedash(if not atleast shffl)
2.y.link
3. most of falcos and roys move set
add in brawl
1.secret costume
2.my "glass box" stage Idea
3. make your own costume
4. 1024 person brawl(extreeeeeeme)
5. staff for item
5. I'll think of more

Dark Shard

Smash Apprentice

Marth's stage is shared with Kirby. Fountain. It's not his stage. It's not Fire Emblem themed. It's Kirby's. Roy's respectively is Final Destination for some reason.

What if some of the adventure elements appeared randomly and in random order. That would add freshness. And depending on how well or what you did in the previous stage, you would get a different route.

SMRPG1

Smash Cadet
Yeah, and each character should have a different last boss.

Mario- Bowser
Luigi- King Boo
Yoshi- Giga Bowser
Kirby- Dark Matter
Link- Ganon
Zelda- Ganandorf
Samus- Dark Samus

Things like that.
That has been an idea I've wanted for so long now. Different Adventure modes for every character would be great.

Also instead of Dark Matter for Kirby. It could be Metaknight.

Wallmaster

Smash Apprentice
I would think that Hyrule Temple would also be the Fire Emblem stage, since it has Fire Emblem music.

Anyway, I think this is a good idea.

fleapy

Smash Journeyman

Marth's stage is shared with Kirby. Fountain. It's not his stage. It's not Fire Emblem themed. It's Kirby's. Roy's respectively is Final Destination for some reason.

What if some of the adventure elements appeared randomly and in random order. That would add freshness. And depending on how well or what you did in the previous stage, you would get a different route.
Actually, Hyrul e castle is marth/roys stage. When you hold down l/r whule the stage is loading, the music from the FE series shall play. :)

Devastlian

Smash Lord
They mean in All-Star Mode. When fighting Marth (or first opponent listed for the match) you fight on the Fountain and the Fire Emblem theme plays. Ganondorf fights on Norfair, Young Link on the twilit DK stage, Roy on Final Destination, etc...

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
I want an adventure like Kirby 64, with a basic story like the Kirby 64 one.
Collect 3 crystals in each PROPER stage (without a timer), face a character in some mini-battle rooms or something, then after 3 stages of a world, you face a PROPER, Master Hand style boss.

There should be original, non-VG worlds as well as VG worlds, to keep it fresh and make it longer.

The adventure mode should have some hard to reach crystals, and some hidden areas
where you unlock stuff (Like a stage, or a character maybe?) and there'd be character
change pads where you stand on it to change characters.

There shouldn't be any of this Easy-Very hard crap, just easyER bits, and hardER bits,
so that a noob can finish the Adventure, but only a real pro can find everything.

Also, there need to be NPC Pokémon that can be killed, for a Pokémon stage,
and generally more NPC enemies in the whole game.

Ac35Full701

Smash Apprentice
I like the idea of changing it up based on how you do through each levels. Most of the things in Adventure seem so fake and thrown in. I'm interested in seeing how Brawl makes 1P mode more in-depth. It got boring quickly..though I don't think I ever beat it with Sheik cuz I haven't played 1P since I went from horribly bad to decent and still learning techs.

icymatt

Smash Lord
I want Brawl's Adventure mode to be like Jump Superstars'. Only with more variety.

STIK

Smash Cadet
I think that all characters from one game should just all share one boss so the mario people can have giga bowser and the starfox people should have andross or something.

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
The Mario crew could share Giga Bowser.
I do think this is a preety good idea. but then there adventure modes would also have to be the same. It is for this reason that i have devised a list of enemys for each character in the mario troop.

Mario-Bowser
Peach-birdo
Bowser-mario
Yoshi-baby bowser
donkey kong-king k kruel
Luigi_shadow mario

If anyone can think of better alternates, then go right on ahead.

Arran64

Smash Rookie
Adventure mode should be changed to 'story mode', and each character should have their own kind of series of fights. Perhaps Master Hand has been warping the Nintendo universe, causing all kinds of characters to fight each other, just so he has the chance to fight the strongest?

Here's what I mean... let's take Mario for example.

Mario starts off in his character-specific area... the Mushroom Kingdom in this case (Link/Zelda/Ganondorf would start in Hyrule, Samus in Zebes, Kirby/Meta in Dreamland, etc, etc). He goes through a little platforming stage with enemies from that world (goombas/koopas). At the end, he finds a portal. This will lead to another random spot in the Nintendo universe - e.g. Hyrule, Zebes, Corneria, Peach's dressing room, etc.

There, Mario will fight his way through the stage, and at the end, fight a 'boss character' - a random character from that series. So if he goes to Hyrule, he might fight Link or Zelda or someone.

After fighting through 5-or-so of these stages, he'll face his 'rival'. Mario's would probably be Bowser (if the character has a lot of enemies, then it may have to be a random selection, e.g. Mario might get Wario instead of Bowser). Then he'd be warped to the Final Destination, revealing that it is Master Hand... and not Bowser behind this. After fighting Master Hand (and perhaps Crazy Hand), Mario does a victory dance, gets his Adventure/Story Mode trophy, we see a nice little montage of him beating up several characters, and then a nice little screenshot at the end. :)

I know, looking into it a bit... but y'know... XD

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
No, no story mode in SSBB. The Smash series is supposed to be an arcade style multiplayer game, not an engrosing oe player game. They could make the adventure mode longer and a little better I guess, but nothing huge. Maybe act scene here or there but I don't want Sakurai spending too much time on the single player modes when he could be spending time on the new multiplayer modes, which are the most important modes because that's pretty much what we all mostly play.

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
Well, what about people who can only play the 1 player mode, who have no friends, like me ( haha, I kid thee). It would just add a whole new layer of depth to the world of smashbros. Illd like to see certain stage were you need to use character specific techniques, like in a samus level. Theres a huge chozo satue, so you need to bomb jump, grapple and screw attack to get over it. After that theres spikes coming down, the only way you can get acroos fast enough is to super wavedash. It would allow practice for attacks used in battle, it would be fantastic.

icymatt

Smash Lord
I want to see a longer single player, but no story. A story would only be lame. If there has to be a story, let it be completely barebones.

If want to know what Adventure Mode should be like, see Jump Superstars.

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I think if they want to work on a bigger single player mode, they should atleast delay the game alittle bit so they have time for both a robust single player AND a fun and addicting multiplayer mode. Because outside of unlocking new characters, stages, etc, I rarely ever play single player.

icymatt

Smash Lord
The multiplayer mode has always been fun and addicting. The way the game is built makes it so.

I'm curious to what else they could add to it, besides make a variety of fun characters and stages. This is for another thread, though.

Squeater

Smash Rookie
This is just a suggestion, but they could make another mode similar to adventure mode but using the stamina mode rules.

For example, a character could start the game off with 1000 stamina and go through the levels keeping themselves alive. On harder modes the beginning stamina could be lowered.

I thought that the stamina mode was an interesting addition that could have been used in another way.

Top Bottom