• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advantage of Glidetossing?

NNID
Budget_Player
Especially with Diddy. I'm not going far. I mean, I imagine it's worth mastering, but I'm usually not close enough with the naner when I want to combo from the glidetoss... Can someone tell me if I'm doing it wrong or what I'm missing?

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Especially with Diddy. I'm not going far. I mean, I imagine it's worth mastering, but I'm usually not close enough with the naner when I want to combo from the glidetoss... Can someone tell me if I'm doing it wrong or what I'm missing?
You're not doing it wrong, you're probably not doing it enough though. Diddy's glide toss doesn't move him super far, more like about 3 character spaces. You should watch Ninjalink's Diddy Vids to see how they work. I'll give you a link to one of his vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV8NmhSBXmw

Hope it helps (it should).

NNID
Budget_Player
Hmm... I dunno if I'm going that far. And ****... Got any links on tips on how to bring out the bananas? Cuz looking at that, I seem to be doing it not only wrong, but so wrong that it would explain my spamming physical attacks and shieldgrabs so much (hint: latter fails).

Thanks though, it should give me a little more insight on my DK game.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Hmm... I dunno if I'm going that far. And ****... Got any links on tips on how to bring out the bananas? Cuz looking at that, I seem to be doing it not only wrong, but so wrong that it would explain my spamming physical attacks and shieldgrabs so much (hint: latter fails).

Thanks though, it should give me a little more insight on my DK game.
Maybe it wasn't the best video to show you, it looks quite overwhelming. There should be some threads here to help you.

Edit: This link should help you.

http://www.mlgpro.com/getbetterfast/smashbrawl/lessonfinder/characters/diddykong

Foufy

Smash Apprentice
I recently had trouble with the same question as you. After all, it's not like you move that much more and you're still throwing the same banana.
I think the main uses are for placement and heavy hits. (These can be considered the same thing some of the time)
If you throw a banana and ur glidetoss passes the person, (Example, you start to their right, glide toss throw the banana, banana trips them and u end up on their left) u can get a free, unstoppable smash. This is good for high percentage kills (Free S-Smash!!!) or just racking up damage.
U can use other forms of glidetossing just to position better. Get closer to the edge, place your bananas to annoy your opponent better meanwhile moving. Especially with forward glidetoss->smash, you'll notice u get a lot bigger hits in.

A lot of the time it's hard to see exactly how much glidetossing is helping you so you tend to give up on it, but don't. Mainly work on forwardglidetoss->S-smash, that will probably help you out the most.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
It's all about spacing. I could understand why you (and others, you arn't alone) would find it useless. but when you start using it to get distance and smashes in then you will quickly see how it helps. Not only that, but it only helps you, there is no reason not to use it. Extra spacing FTW.

white peachy

Smash Ace
Glide toss forward to any tilt/smash/grabs.
Glide toss back for fakeouts/dribbling and spacing.
Glide toss to immediately grab another naner after throwing the first.
Glide toss directly out of shield to punish projectiles/aerial approaches.

Yeah there's a lot more...that's general basics though. If you're going to throw a naner on the ground you might as well learn to glide toss. It takes all of 45 minutes of practice to be able to do it consistently.

Top Bottom