• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advanced techs? More like glorified button mashing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I bet a buck fifty that this is a mod in disguise.
No, I'm not a mod. Just a big fan of the series that has seen the idiocy that guy spews.

I signed up here long ago to read but don't post because everyone seems so anti-items and anti-anything-that-isn't-Final Destination. I mostly lurk to read everyones impressions on played Brawl.

I'm a very "hardcore" player that uses advanced techniques but I didn't like Melee (the original is much better in my opinion, and yes I know I'm one of the few that think that). I find items/levels make you adapt and the randomness isn't a very big issue when skilled players are going at it so you can see why it probably isn't best that I post too often. :)

Spaghettifire

Smash Rookie
This is a very healthy discussion, and I thank you for it. I know a friend who played competitively, but couldn't keep up with the veterans. He tried some new techs, which were fine, except he didn't realise that they wore special gloves during matches. He soon clacked too much and split about 2 nerves in his wrist and thumb joint over time. He can't feel his hand anymore, and most of it is pinkish.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
split about 2 nerves in his wrist and thumb joint over time. He can't feel his hand anymore, and most of it is pinkish.
I think he was doing more then just clanking his controller..Like I've played some pure button smashing games in my gaming life, but never have I had it that bad. I mean yea sometimes I my wrist or fingers felt numb, but that was only for like 30 minutes.

what on earth was he doing.

COMMOFDOOM

Smash Apprentice
CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK... I HEAR CLACK...AND MORE CLACK..AND EVEN MORE REPULSIVE CLACK!

THIS is your advanced techniques? Do you not HEAR the result of your frantic BASHINGS? Seriously people, it is kind of hard to consider someone a real "pro" if the sound I hear is quite similar to that of noobish button mashers...

Yea, I know, a mere gripe, but a justified gripe.

It really is funny, that in order to be the best at the game, you have to sink to a level that is remotely similar to the most n00bic tactic ever. I am no fool. I understand that the end result in this current predicament is a payoff by having "amazing tech skills," but really, seriously, it is button mashing.

There is no such thing as "quiet" pros, which I find quite humorous. The "best" at the game sound very much similar to the "n00bs" of fighting games in general...

You know what else? You CAN button mash to pull off the techs....BECAUSE THAT IS HOW THEY ARE DONE!

:laugh: So in conclusion....pros? Keep doing what you are doing....

Keep button mashing....

N00bs. :psycho:
i don't think you understand what button mashing is.

ex. button mashing - lkasdjf;lknv;lwnf0932jflknads;vi039alksdnv903jl;aksdjf903
ex. tech skill - i type really fast and make few mistakes because i type frequently.

now go die, plz.

jon_the_ferret

Smash Cadet
Definately my least favourite thread so far. It doesn't so much raise a point at pose a general dislike for noise. You might aswell name this thread "ANYBODY ELSE HATE NOISES?" I would have preferred that as it would have made moar lulz. Personally I like noises and button mashing is hitting buttons with little or know regard or knowledge for what they do. Advanced techniques aren't that at all.

But seriously though what's with noise?

Spaghettifire

Smash Rookie
well there's usually complaints of wear on your wrist from old controllers (people getting 2nd degree burns playing Mario party 64), but I can't imagine how he messed up his hand that badly.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK... I HEAR CLACK...AND MORE CLACK..AND EVEN MORE REPULSIVE CLACK!

THIS is your advanced techniques? Do you not HEAR the result of your frantic BASHINGS? Seriously people, it is kind of hard to consider someone a real "pro" if the sound I hear is quite similar to that of noobish button mashers...

It really is funny, that in order to be the best at the game, you have to sink to a level that is remotely similar to the most n00bic tactic ever. I am no fool. I understand that the end result in this current predicament is a payoff by having "amazing tech skills," but really, seriously, it is button mashing.

There is no such thing as "quiet" pros, which I find quite humorous. The "best" at the game sound very much similar to the "n00bs" of fighting games in general...

You know what else? You CAN button mash to pull off the techs....BECAUSE THAT IS HOW THEY ARE DONE!

Keep button mashing....

You're a ******. End of story.

Puffs

Smash Ace
Believe me, I've seen Soul Calibur vets try and button mash in Smash Bros.

They'd be lucky to get a single KO in against players who have a clue what they're doing.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
i only had to read the description of this thread and i knew that person who wrote it was a complete ****ing moron

jon_the_ferret

Smash Cadet
Can we sign a petition to do something awful to him...like chop off a body part. This thread may not be a total loss! MAN POINTS for anyone who can think of a fitting punishment for this ****er!

Biggles

Smash Rookie
throwing cat at face of opponent is new advance technique

unplugging own controller to use special victory cancel is new advance technique - when you can victory cancel then you next match increase in easyness and also roll dodge is completely replace

also here is is a tip for you guys who do not have my level for technical skill: I called it to be the 'advanced reverse tournament dash' or 'power button cancel'. when you can be only lonely casual smash player such as Biggles with mighty wavedash against computer with no human smash opponents then you can never lose. dash with me away from them tournament!

along with wave-spellcheck-lock-escape forum posting tech, my greatestest advanced techniques for live are unstoppable. no button mash require! also free of ttrolls! ss

platnum

Smash Lord
Can we sign a petition to do something awful to him...like chop off a body part. This thread may not be a total loss! MAN POINTS for anyone who can think of a fitting punishment for this ****er!
strap him to a chair and make him listen to cd of clacking sounds for 3 days straight.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Emokirby4

Smash Cadet
haha I actually thought the same thing the first time I played a pro... (shakes head) We were all noobs, like this fool, once. Of course he's trolling... I never trolled... I just excepted it.

uuaa1

Smash Journeyman
Probably waveshining really fast somewhere, K-town
Zoro on uuaas comp:

I cant believe i just read that..
wow...so noises...mean...bad?

Your saying because we make NOISE we're BUTTON MASHING?
I will enjoy my clack clack clack tourneys where actual good players compete because we're not worried about how frikin loud our controllers are

"Oh man i better push my buttons softer i dont want to make clack clack clack noises..that would be bad I would sound like a button masher"

This sounds alot like one of those "oh yeah u beat me in this game... but at least I have a life!" comments

O wait im sorry continue sucking at this game my bad for tryin to intervene :D

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
It's not our fault it's loud...the L and R buttons have really loud springs...

BTW, most Melee "noobs" are very proper when playing. Some hold the controller a certain way, and some delicately "tap" the buttons. I never hear noobs clacking. :)

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
throwing cat at face of opponent is new advance technique

unplugging own controller to use special victory cancel is new advance technique - when you can victory cancel then you next match increase in easyness and also roll dodge is completely replace

also here is is a tip for you guys who do not have my level for technical skill: I called it to be the 'advanced reverse tournament dash' or 'power button cancel'. when you can be only lonely casual smash player such as Biggles with mighty wavedash against computer with no human smash opponents then you can never lose. dash with me away from them tournament!

along with wave-spellcheck-lock-escape forum posting tech, my greatestest advanced techniques for live are unstoppable. no button mash require! also free of ttrolls! ss
ROFL XD You win the thread! You have the best tech skills EVER, not to mention that they make little noise! TC, you should try these. Problem solved! :D

Truce

Smash Cadet
Does skill correlate to noise? Is a parabolic curve a good correlation? If a troll's post falls in a forum, does it make a sound?

If loud advanced techniques give a player an edge, why not? If your sensitive ears can't take it, wear earplugs.

BTW, iliekurtasteinfonts. That shade of blue is fabulicious.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
Wow, I'm tired of people arguing over advanced techniques.

Listen, Retro, just because some people want to use them, doesn't mean you have to bash them because the GC controllers have loud shoulder buttons. I personally don't use them; I don't really have a need for them - As I only play w/ a couple of my friends, but I don't go around looking for faults with them. Let them use them if they want, that's how they choose to play. Think about it, is their utilization of AT's really affecting the enjoyment you get out of Smash?

Didn't think so.

pugfug90

Smash Apprentice
I think Lcancelling and teching are mindless mindless dumbness yeah boiii

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
I disagree. It's not button mashing. It's the difference between playing the drums and crashing wildly on them without knowing how or having rhythm. Sometimes you can literally hear a pace and a beat behind the taps and clicks. 'Tis like music.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
There is a big difference between noob button mashing and pro button mashing. Pro button mashes actually have a preconceived sequence and demonstrate the speed at which his mind is working. Noon button mashes are a lottery game in hopes of coming out with a victory. >_>

D

Deleted member

Good god, 4chan's baiting Dylan AGAIN?

*sighs and shakes head*
No, Dylan is baiting the world. I'm not part of that 4chan assault...I signed up long ago and just made my first post so that should be pretty obvious.

Lant

Smash Journeyman

Keep button mashing....

ROFL.

It's funny because it's true.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru

Keep button mashing....

button mashing is smashing buttons having no idea what your doing. i think. but if im write you should learn the differnces

Michael Blaine

Smash Apprentice
Great post. I've been listening to the controller sounds in the E4A vids for a few hours now. I'm getting more of a "cleck cleck' vibe from brawl as opposed to the grating clacks of melee. This is another red flag for those concerned about competition in brawl.

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
Blue text + stupid post + clear troll + no amount of reasoning he will listen to means this thread is going nowhere.

this thread is now about donkeys and their contribution to mankind before the lock.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
Well, You tell me what competitive fighting game won't have loud noise when playing. I use keyboard to play SSB64 on Kaillera client, and I smash my keys alot. I mean it's not like this is halo.

You are fighting. You get into it. Have you ever seen someone repeatly wavedash in real life? lol they tear up the controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom