• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advanced techs? More like glorified button mashing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Donkeys have definitely done alot. Not only are donkeys responsible for all the donkey goodness, but we have them to thank for all the mule goodness as well.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK... I HEAR CLACK...AND MORE CLACK..AND EVEN MORE REPULSIVE CLACK!

THIS is your advanced techniques? Do you not HEAR the result of your frantic BASHINGS? Seriously people, it is kind of hard to consider someone a real "pro" if the sound I hear is quite similar to that of noobish button mashers...

Yea, I know, a mere gripe, but a justified gripe.

It really is funny, that in order to be the best at the game, you have to sink to a level that is remotely similar to the most n00bic tactic ever. I am no fool. I understand that the end result in this current predicament is a payoff by having "amazing tech skills," but really, seriously, it is button mashing.

There is no such thing as "quiet" pros, which I find quite humorous. The "best" at the game sound very much similar to the "n00bs" of fighting games in general...

You know what else? You CAN button mash to pull off the techs....BECAUSE THAT IS HOW THEY ARE DONE!

:laugh: So in conclusion....pros? Keep doing what you are doing....

Keep button mashing....

N00bs. :psycho:
The Smash pros may be too stuck-up to realize it.

But there's nothing more pathetic than hearing the clack clack of 12468076MPH button smashes in Melee as if you studied the game as a college course. It really makes you look like you have nothing better to do, than be a nerd.

shortwanabelaker

Smash Journeyman
The Smash pros may be too stuck-up to realize it.

But there's nothing more pathetic than hearing the clack clack of 12468076MPH button smashes in Melee as if you studied the game as a college course. It really makes you look like you have nothing better to do, than be a nerd.
i was about to write something like that, but i saw ur post, thank you, u truely made my day

and to the people who find this topic stupid and are bitter about it... its really nothing personal, just funny observation

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
You swines! Nothing is more beautiful than the sound of a million buttons and keys being pressed at mach speeds!

The human ear loves the sound of rapid hits!

Haven't you ever played Ragnarok Battle Offline? The Acolyte's rapid punch is music to my ears! As is the sound of a drill kick! Or a world-champion typist typing away on his typer machine!

The sound of repeated noise in short, sharp bursts is like the screaming of the human soul as it builds a machine with a revolving conveyor-belt of plywood bars that hit a brick one after the other!

Sakurai! You must design Brawl so that there is even more repeated single sounds than ever before! Only then will we truly love you!

Mutated Arm Dude

Smash Cadet
You're all scrubs. I press my buttons so fast you just hear a constant prolonged CLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK.

Adi

Smash Lord
You swines! Nothing is more beautiful than the sound of a million buttons and keys being pressed at mach speeds!

The human ear loves the sound of rapid hits!

Haven't you ever played Ragnarok Battle Offline? The Acolyte's rapid punch is music to my ears! As is the sound of a drill kick! Or a world-champion typist typing away on his typer machine!

The sound of repeated noise in short, sharp bursts is like the screaming of the human soul as it builds a machine with a revolving conveyor-belt of plywood bars that hit a brick one after the other!

Sakurai! You must design Brawl so that there is even more repeated single sounds than ever before! Only then will we truly love you!
I concur with this statement and pointlessly post in a pointless topic.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
*sigh*

People need to stop replying to these blatantly provocative threads, and mods needs to start closing them and perma-banning the people who make them. This is getting ridiculous.

Super_alex2

Smash Journeyman
yeah its lound...but arer you blind? cause if you are thats totally ok! you must not be able to see the screen, cause there is a lot more going on than just noise.

Spellman

Smash Ace
A bulleted list of points:
  • R and L buttons are very loud.
  • It does take a fair amount of practice to master the "advanced" techniques.
  • It takes a fair amount of strategy to execute them to your advantage.
  • The fact that a pro is always pressing buttons means that they waste no time standing around and are always attacking or defending themselves.
I have nothing against people who use these techniques, other then some of their ego's. The techniques themselves take effort to master, even though a fully practiced player uses the techniques as smoothly as butter.

In Melee, button mashing will get you nowhere and nobody in their right mind who has played the game for more than 10 minutes will think otherwise. That's what seperates it from a lot of other fighting games. If button mashing actually DID work and helped one win fights, then I don't see why they wouldn't do it anyways.

Sir James

The Doctor
Isn't button mashing just a random pressing of buttons, hoping to land a combo to kill the other player? Using advanced techs is just like using advanced techs in other fighting games such as Street Fighter. You press a known sequence of buttons to achieve an expected result.

This thread just sounds like someone whining about getting owned by a user of advanced techniques. Just deal with it. Get owned more or just learn how to use them. That's what I did.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I bet this 4chaner types softly on his keyboard so his hammer, anvil and stirrup don't asplode.

Fade016

Smash Journeyman
Cleary you do not know the difference between button mashing and playing advanced. Button mashing is pressing RANDOM buttons hoping to do somthing that actually works because you do not know what the hell you are trying to do. Using advanced techs brings the game to a new level its not the games advanced techs that are loud its the controlers. halo has plenty of advanced techs(like BXB BRX ect.) and you dont hear there controlers cracking all over the place. You have just misunderstood button mashing for controler loudness and whats the point of this thread. you either made it because you suck at advance techs and are jealous or because you just love pissing people off because you have nothing better else to do.

RetroRhythm

Smash Apprentice
*In hysterics

Oh so YUMMY! :laugh:

I make a valid point, about the loud clamoring of a controller, and you guys do EXACTLY what I expected!

QUIT BAWLING! It's an observation. Just a simple, accurate observation.

I am not BASHING the results of the frantic mashing of the controller, as a matter of fact? If anyone actually bothered to READ what I say, I even gave kudos to the end result of the frantic clack fest!

So this is aimed at you morons who oh so significantly selectively read, (arrogantly and annoyingly I might add) that I was bashing advanced techs in general. Go back to school, pay very special attention to "reading comprehension," then come back here.

Oi son, what is with all the hate fueled against me? You call me a troll, because I make a keen observation. Are you THAT offended by the inevitable? People here acknowledged that the controllers are just as fault as the players frantic clacking is, THAT WAS THE POINT OF THE THREAD YOU DINGLE BERRIES! :laugh:

I wanted to see if anyone here could actually, logically, come in this thread and not befall smashboards.com user stereotype. People who call me a troll, who are the REAL trolls? I left this thread alone, I wake up, and boom, 7 pages of people at their throats regarding the issue.

It is a FACT people, that yes, the controller is a loud piece of junk plastic, but so is the player at an equal level. The point of the the thread, again, was to discuss the noise that is an obvious factor BECAUSE of the frantic button mashing that goes into AT's. It was a simple, easy, tiny discussion topic that you tools failed to take it for.

Instead, you guys have seen it fit to flame me, ridicule me, threaten my skill at the game, and just flatout show your *** for no apparent reason...

I read you all like a book, how does that feel to be predictable? Me thinks there was a division of thought processes at game skill and common sense application in the real world.

I want to thank those of you who acknowledged this thread for what it was, and didn't talk AT me, but TO me. It is quite nice to see that there is still SOME hope to be left on this board.

To the others? Have fun with your blissful ignorance to those with a lower post count than you. Good day.

Spellman

Smash Ace
I make a valid point, about the loud clamoring of a controller, and you guys do EXACTLY what I expected!
So this is aimed at you morons who oh so significantly selectively read, (arrogantly and annoyingly I might add) that I was bashing advanced techs in general. Go back to school,pay very special attention to "reading comprehension," then come back here.
I wanted to see if anyone here could actually, logically, come in this thread and not befall smashboards.com user stereotype. People who call me a troll, who are the REAL trolls? I left this thread alone, I wake up, and boom, 7 pages of people at their throats regarding the issue.
People are a little defensive over the issue and sometimes resort to insults or jokes to turn the thread creator into a joke. However, when someone puts effort into their thread, I think it's common courtesy to address them with respect.

The internet can be a very bitter place.

(No offense by my earlier post by the way, I was just making some counter-points, though I may have misunderstood the point you were trying to make.)

It is a FACT people, that yes, the controller is a loud piece of junk plastic, but so is the player at an equal level.
[/QUOTE]
I just don't think that is entirely true.

DerpDerpDerp

Smash Rookie
Back in...'97, I think it was, X-Men vs. Street Fighter had just come out and arcade games were still actually viable ways to play. I remember doing the typical QCF QCF HP and just pounding on HP as hard as I could, as if mashing that button somehow made Wolverine's Berserker Barrage stronger. And boy, arcade games were LOUD and NOISY.

The sounds in Melee are much the same as me mashing HP - just there to make you feel like you're accomplishing something. Sure, you can spout all day that dash dancing is helping your game, but the truth is, you look like a complete ****** when you do it. I remember seeing a match once featuring Dylan_Tnga playing as Falcon, and while his opponent was near the edge of the right side of FD, TNGA was close to the left edge of FD. Then Dylan started dash-dancing. I said to myself "no one who calls themselves a pro would be ******** enough to do **** like that." I mean, when you're all the way across the stage, how many ways are there to approach? And even if you dash danced and somehow fooled your opponent, what would happen once you start moving? I mean, he's going to come up with something to put you down, no matter what your approach, in the time it takes you to get over to him. Of course, Dylan decided, after dash dancing, to wavedash ACROSS Final Destination to get to his opponent, who I'm sure was thinking at the time "holy ****, what a *******."

Sure, I've seen dash dancing actually work to someone's advantage before, a tourney match with PC Chris comes to mind. But for the most part, you're just wasting thumb energy. Clacking isn't going to make or break your game, but I guess if you're going to do it, might as well be loud as ****.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Lol this is too funny. Some guy makes a thread about something completely irrelevant like the sound of a controller when used in play and everyone defends their ATs with their life. I use ATs too, most people do. The only people who use them are people that use the internet to learn about Smash, otherwise they wouldn't know about them. Put 2 and 2 together, everyone on this forum who can play this game to any degree of strength at all most likely uses them. Note that I said most likely. There are always the crazy people like Aniki, but how many great players are like that...hmm...probably just him. Seriously this thread is obviously a joke. He wanted to bash ATs so he could see what kind of hilarity would ensue.

The only beef I have here is that his definition of button mashing is off, it has to be random buttons not just the loudness, but that is besides the point.

Now that I have just wrote this whole long thing to feed my own love for writing long, seemingly intelligent posts, I will leave the OP to his fun :laugh:

Dezrax2

Smash Rookie
Button mashing is when you press the buttons in a random order, not planning to have any certain combo come out.

In Guilty Gear, you need to press way more buttons and directions than you in smash, but remembering the sequences of buttons and knowing which sequence to input is hard, as is not pressing the wrong buttons.

All you're saying is..

"Pros are 'noobs' because they press a lot of buttons really fast"

Kitten

Smash Journeyman
I am a massive bender.
You haven't stopped to acknowledge that you might be wrong. The sound of the buttons doesn't make someone good or ****, it's the outcome. Sure, some advanced techniques require fast movement, thus resulting in a 'clacking' noise, but that does not make them useless techniques.

platnum

Smash Lord
You haven't stopped to acknowledge that you might be wrong. The sound of the buttons doesn't make someone good or ****, it's the outcome. Sure, some advanced techniques require fast movement, thus resulting in a 'clacking' noise, but that does not make them useless techniques.
I think we established that this topic is about ME

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
So many replies, I can't believe it. It's so obvious he just wants it, yet you all keep feeding him. Away with this crap.

*SHUT____....____DOWN*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom