• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

advanced combos

Dunc

Smash Rookie
So I can upb cancel pretty well now but what am I supposed to do with it? Is there a combo I'm not seeing?

:phone:

Mr.Lemon

Smash Journeyman
So I can upb cancel pretty well now but what am I supposed to do with it? Is there a combo I'm not seeing?

That's the million dollar question my friend.

The only "combo/follow up" that I've done is when I up+b cancel someone up onto a platform when I can then tech chase them.

Gea

Smash Master
No, you can probably search and find a thread about it, but it is canceling a grounded up B from going anywhere. Basically you move the stick from the direction you are hitting up B into the opposite direction in 3? frames.

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure about the timing on it, I just randomly tried to do it one day and it worked. Basically what I do is I up-b, and then roll my stick to the bottom diagonal in the direction I was facing, and then I go to the top diagonal opposite of the direction I was facing. But you have to do it REALLY fast.

Dunc

Smash Rookie
Mr. Lemon, I`m the less skilled Doc(dirty) at that tourney yesterday. What a coincedence.

poega

Smash Apprentice
Seriously the up-b guide by Mr.Lemon is one of the (if not the) most clean and concise tutorial there is on doc, up there with SmashMacs vid. Should most definitely be stickied.

Dunc

Smash Rookie
I watched the vid for the hell of it and tried doing it the way lemon explained it and it only worked out of shield for me.

ZaXXoR

Smash Journeyman
i got alot more to work on then up-b cancels, but lemons guide is a million times better then the ones on here, using numbers to show the analog, and giving bad direction, it shoulda been stickied 100%

Top Bottom