• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Admiration" - A SSBB Crew Combo Video II

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
hahahaha brawl dropzone. brawl, what a joke. Do you guys realize that none of these are even combos

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
explain to me why i'm wrong. Be my guest. There aren't combo's except chaingrabs and locks
do you even know what the dropzone is?

jaggedShrapnel

Smash Cadet
explain to me why i'm wrong. Be my guest. There aren't combo's except chaingrabs and locks
do you even know what the dropzone is?
You're wrong because it's still possible to combo, it's just that they're not based on hitstun so much anymore. You can still read/predict your opponent and combo them based on what they do. Hence the combo videos. Going into a thread about a Brawl combo video and going on about how they aren't "real" combos just because hitstun isn't the main reason they're able to happen makes you look stupid.
Yes, I know what the dropzone is.

Sorry to take the thread off topic.

JudgmentGSM

Smash Cadet
You're wrong because it's still possible to combo, it's just that they're not based on hitstun so much anymore. You can still read/predict your opponent and combo them based on what they do. Hence the combo videos. Going into a thread about a Brawl combo video and going on about how they aren't "real" combos just because hitstun isn't the main reason they're able to happen makes you look stupid.
Yes, I know what the dropzone is.

Sorry to take the thread off topic.

On the contrary, thank you for answering before me o.o Exactly what Sharpnel said, Brawl combos aren't based on hitstun, it's all about reading your opponents. Our combos are considered combos because we knew what our opponents were about to do, and we came up with something to keep the pressure going. Also (not that I know of in our video), there are people who put clips of them just pressuring their opponents without getting hit, sped up a lil because the string is too long. Technically this is also still a combo, keeping in mind that there were no pauses in between each hit.

And also, GSM combos are different from everyone elses. Were stupid enough to drop down and beat the living hell out of someone even if we know were going to die with them. Some call it stupid, but some also think it's just awesome :3 everyone is entitled to their own opinion LoganW, but if you're going to do what Sharpnel said and go into a brawl combo vid forum just to call people's skills out and say it's not real, please by all means, just leave.

-Advent.

JudgmentGSM

Smash Cadet
that's a string. It's not a combo if their not in hit-stun

So just so you can have your way you want every brawl combo video's title to be changed to something like;

"BLAH BLAH BLAH, A Brawl String Video" o.o?

People use combo videos to display their talent and dare I say intelligence as to how they know what the opponent is gonna do next. Also, there is no rule in the 'Brawl Bible' that states that all combos can only be considered combos if the opponent was in hit stun during the duration of the attack. Call it what you want, all you're doing is going off topic with this nonsense. Go to a melee board and talk about your opinions there, not here where all people wanna discuss is the vid. Thank you, and have a nice day :3

-Advent.

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
no I'm just saying that brawl doesn't have any "true combos" Why do you play brawl because it's the inferior game in the smash series
edit: hahaha the brawl bible, who gives a ****

JudgmentGSM

Smash Cadet
no I'm just saying that brawl doesn't have any "true combos" Why do you play brawl because it's the inferior game in the smash series
edit: hahaha the brawl bible, who gives a ****

So go complain elsewhere about your opinion. This is for people who like Brawl, even if to you it's inferior to others they have their own opinion.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
hahahaha brawl dropzone. brawl, what a joke. Do you guys realize that none of these are even combos
We've realized ages ago... what I don't get is why the melee people don't realize that we don't give a flying **** about either this or what they have to say.

RozeAkito

Smash Apprentice
Why don't you complain to M2k from switching from Melee to Brawl.
In fact some of us still DO play melee >_>

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
no im interested at why you do. I'm not trying to teach you a lesson, I'm trying to teach myself one. I enjoy learning new things and I can't figure out why people would play brawl over melee and I'd like to hear from brawl players why they do

RozeAkito

Smash Apprentice
no im interested at why you do. I'm not trying to teach you a lesson, I'm trying to teach myself one. I enjoy learning new things and I can't figure out why people would play brawl over melee and I'd like to hear from brawl players why they do
GsM played melee then then brawl came out played brawl and yeah we thought it sucked compared to melee. But once you get used to it, you find out it's not such a bad game so we stuck with it. Sometimes here and there we play melee, just to feel wavedashing again :)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You play Melee if you like tech skill and pre-set, inescapable combos. You play Brawl if you like high paced chess games (b/c that's what it is, essentially).

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but I prefer crazy action to chess. Also I think melee takes more mental skill than brawl due to how may more option there are. So melee is basically the thought of chess and the crazy action of an action packed movie:laugh:

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
They both have a **** ton of options, if you're saying melee has many more, you're showing your bias. Plus, you only have to think in short bursts in melee b/c once you land that hit you can often combo into death. In Brawl it's pretty constant.

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
They both have a **** ton of options, if you're saying melee has many more, you're showing your bias. Plus, you only have to think in short bursts in melee b/c once you land that hit you can often combo into death. In Brawl it's pretty constant.
are you saying brawl has more cause your showing your bias. There is no way in hell that brawl has more options lol.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I didn't say it has more, you said melee has a ton more, and I said you can't really say that. Putting words in my mouth is cool, though.

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
I said melee had more not a TON more so I guess putting words in peoples mouths is pretty cool. just can't see an argument for brawl having more options seeing as it's a simpler game, something I'm sure we can agree on

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Many more is analogous to a ton more, do you need me to quote you? Also, characters in both games have a limited number of moves, therefore they have limited numbers of options (and similar ones). Brawl just has an added "get out of everything" card in its airdodge. Melee just has more movement options (though Brawl has it beat in recovery options).

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
I was saying that it's harder to predict in melee because of the much more diverse movement options like you said. brawl has easy recovery options because of auto sweet spot which takes a lot away from edge guarding imo
also i said may more which was a typo because I was talking to my brother while I was typing and I did that thing where you are thinking about something and you type it for no reason. the may was never supposed to be in there it was just what I was thinking. like if your thinking about something someone else did and then you head your paper with their name lol

RozeAkito

Smash Apprentice
also i said may more which was a typo because I was talking to my brother while I was typing and I did that thing where you are thinking about something and you type it for no reason. the may was never supposed to be in there it was just what I was thinking. like if your thinking about something someone else did and then you head your paper with their name lol
John?

Ok look, this discussion has taken place in many other threads.
This is not the place.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Gosh, those were some of the most ridiculous combos I've seen. Insane. I'm totally gonna wait another seven months for the third. ;)

JudgmentGSM

Smash Cadet
Gosh, those were some of the most ridiculous combos I've seen. Insane. I'm totally gonna wait another seven months for the third. ;)
A third huh? xD ah....it's like, a 50/50 chance there will be a third one. Mainly cuz LT thought this was it ._. maybe if everyone demanded a third, he'd be more motivated lol. But thank you for the positive comments :3 GSM thanks ya~

-Advent.

JudgmentGSM

Smash Cadet
great work guys, very entertaining Team Redundancy Team approves.
Haha thank you very much Team Redundancy ^^ for those of you who know who LT ish (otherwise known as Lethal Trilogy/RozeAkito), today is his birthday >;D everyone give him some love, and wish for a combo spree like no other today!~

-Advent, Happy Birthday Oh Leader of Our Ambition.

:3 you deserve a kitty face.

MRGAY

Smash Cadet
I love the blood lust before preservation of self in your videos. It's what makes these things so great!

Others have said they couldn't tell what was going on cuz of editing... were you watching?

Top Bottom