• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ADHD or Gnes vs DEHF

Boofy!

Smash Champion
is that NorCal?

also explain the AT.. who knows maybe someone can find an applicable way to use it or at least part of it. Not knowing what it is noone can really help lol.. is it char specific?

Chex-Mex

Smash Rookie
Ya, nor cal. east of SF. And no, not BDACUS. Fine, fine. I'll explain it here, but still make a video if it being done. Lets see if I can remember it. its a reverse aerial rush jump cancelled to turn peanut cancel. It should look like you just run, then short hop, then all of a sudden bounce the opposite direction in mid air. Its kinda cool cause if someone is chasing you, you can do it and surprise them with a back air. The way it works is if you buffer the reverse part of the reverse aerial rush into a jump, you won't turn, but for all intents and purposes your character will be turned. so if you turn a peanut cancel, you'll get the weird momentum shift, but it'll be away from the direction you're facing. pretty interesting imo. Lemme know if that didn't make any sense, or if anyone else has/can do.

Vega4

Smash Ace
Alright. Diddy wins one, falco wins one. These are just friendlies, so you can kinda see when we're messing around/realize someone else is gonna win/get more and more vested into the match as we go. But regardless, this is what upper level play between these characters should look like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjk-tHPoo5U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQCmm1Hibq4
Nice match Chex. I liked specially first video, it shows a lot of good ways to face Falco.
BTW, you should gimp Falco a lot more...

Chex-Mex

Smash Rookie
Maybe I'm the idiot and this tech is easy and everyone does it, or maybe no one gets what I'm saying. I'll say the inputs. running right. hit left and jump almost immediately. make sure you have momentum to the right, so it looks like a normal short hop to the right. At this point, if you hit b, you'll shoot a peanut to the LEFT, even though you are facing RIGHT in mid air. But instead of shooting a peanut to the left, you are going to peanut cancel to the right. It'll look like you run, short hop to the right, then bounce back to where you jumped.
And Vega4. I AM trying to gimp him. And I'm exceptionally well at it. Its a little hard to gimp falco when he still has his second jump and he's within range of phantasming back on the stage. I weigh the chance of me gimping him witht he chance to deal damage. Most of the time I can limit two of his options while still positioning myself to deal damage. Two options as in if he picks two ways to recover, I will gimp him. If you notice, he reacts to what I'm doing and only recovers into the best option. Most of the time...
If he gets back to the stage without taking any damage, then either I messed up or he got really lucky. Oh, and I wanted to post matches that were close. I have a ton of matches against him where its just not interesting because I gimp him. Don't judge my play style on two of my 100,000 matches.

Vega4

Smash Ace
Maybe I'm the idiot and this tech is easy and everyone does it, or maybe no one gets what I'm saying. I'll say the inputs. running right. hit left and jump almost immediately. make sure you have momentum to the right, so it looks like a normal short hop to the right. At this point, if you hit b, you'll shoot a peanut to the LEFT, even though you are facing RIGHT in mid air. But instead of shooting a peanut to the left, you are going to peanut cancel to the right. It'll look like you run, short hop to the right, then bounce back to where you jumped.
And Vega4. I AM trying to gimp him. And I'm exceptionally well at it. Its a little hard to gimp falco when he still has his second jump and he's within range of phantasming back on the stage. I weigh the chance of me gimping him witht he chance to deal damage. Most of the time I can limit two of his options while still positioning myself to deal damage. Two options as in if he picks two ways to recover, I will gimp him. If you notice, he reacts to what I'm doing and only recovers into the best option. Most of the time...
If he gets back to the stage without taking any damage, then either I messed up or he got really lucky. Oh, and I wanted to post matches that were close. I have a ton of matches against him where its just not interesting because I gimp him. Don't judge my play style on two of my 100,000 matches.
Ok.
I was going to say that. This matches were pretty close, and Falco played pretty well.

Chex-Mex

Smash Rookie
Sorry if I came off as rude. I just wanted to tell it like it was. Ya, he was actually annoyed with how he played. He saw 30 mistakes in the match he won, and around 100 in the match he lost. I guess I should ask him before I upload videos...
I thought he played well too, but I guess I was wrong. Its also tough cause when I lose I claim bull****, so we don't have many matches of him doing well...lol. Its about 60 40 though. maybe 65 35. I still don't like falcos fair gimp against diddy...I can tech it close to 90% of the time, but that's only if the last hit gets me. And I can only time the last hit getting me about 50% of the time. I get so annoyed when I get killed by that.Going below it is risky cuz he can delay dropping down by a fraction of a second and get me. All in all, that damn gimp gets me about 40% of all times its executed well out of a chain grab.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Alright let me get this straight: You are running to the right, and then you pivot jump (so you still have momentum to the right but are facing left), then you do a popgun reversal (so your momentum gets bounced in the opposite direction and you are facing right), then you press Z to cancel your popgun with no lag. You end up facing the same direction you started, correct?

I apologize if I'm being stupid, I never played melee and never really otherwise developed any tech-skill. I've also never actually done this in specific, so I can't speak for how easy it may or may not be.

Chex-Mex

Smash Rookie
I'll make a new thread about it prolly tomorrow. You're missing the part where you can buffer the pivot jump in. If you cancel the turn part of it with a jump, you'll still be facing right, but you're character will be "left". He'll still be facing right, but if you do an aerial, he'll turn left.

Vega4

Smash Ace
I'll make a new thread about it prolly tomorrow. You're missing the part where you can buffer the pivot jump in. If you cancel the turn part of it with a jump, you'll still be facing right, but you're character will be "left". He'll still be facing right, but if you do an aerial, he'll turn left.
It would be nice to have a video demostration to see clearly how it looks like.

Top Bottom