• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Addressing the Smash 4 hate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
All I can tell is that I agree that there's a significant amount of unjustified hate around here.

Mind that the demo is based on a in-development build of the game. It has bugs that likely won't be present on the final game and likely needs fine-tuning to the gameplay before being released.

The demo is also a good way for the developers to watch the game being played by a normal perspective, as in, from a player instead of a developer. On the Treehouse stream, there was an occasion where the game randomly froze. Perhaps the developers wouldn't have found it if it weren't for the demo at E3.

There are many ways to criticize something and I'm sure the development team may receive some feedback on the experience. We had many people playing the game, including competitive players and people from the media. Nintendo could be looking at the impressions from those people.

There's a big difference in mindlessly bashing something and criticizing something constructively. If something is wrong, in what ways can those wrongs be fixed? That is a fundamental question.

I think there's a lot to discuss about Smash 4 and whatever issues or qualities the game has. However, bashing the game for the sake of bashing likely starts arguments and it shouldn't be tolerated. Likewise, praising the game in ways that could instigate arguments shouldn't be accepted either.

One liners that don't contribute to discussion, flaming others for having different opinions or just plain trolling are all punishable as stated by the global rules, so keep things civil. There's a lot to discuss about the game and it is still in development so a lot of things could change from this demo build to the final version, so let's not jump to absurd conclusions yet.

nessokman

Smash Lord
All I can tell is that I agree that there's a significant amount of unjustified hate around here.

Mind that the demo is based on a in-development build of the game. It has bugs that likely won't be present on the final game and likely needs fine-tuning to the gameplay before being released.

The demo is also a good way for the developers to watch the game being played by a normal perspective, as in, from a player instead of a developer. On the Treehouse stream, there was an occasion where the game randomly froze. Perhaps the developers wouldn't have found it if it weren't for the demo at E3.

There are many ways to criticize something and I'm sure the development team may receive some feedback on the experience. We had many people playing the game, including competitive players and people from the media. Nintendo could be looking at the impressions from those people.

There's a big difference in mindlessly bashing something and criticizing something constructively. If something is wrong, in what ways can those wrongs be fixed? That is a fundamental question.

I think there's a lot to discuss about Smash 4 and whatever issues or qualities the game has. However, bashing the game for the sake of bashing likely starts arguments and it shouldn't be tolerated. Likewise, praising the game in ways that could instigate arguments shouldn't be accepted either.

One liners that don't contribute to discussion, flaming others for having different opinions or just plain trolling are all punishable as stated by the global rules, so keep things civil. There's a lot to discuss about the game and it is still in development so a lot of things could change from this demo build to the final version, so let's not jump to absurd conclusions yet.
Unjustified is right. I've seen about ten too many hate threads, and 50-100 on gamefaqs.

Last edited:

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
I'm disgusted at the lack of care in these posts. This is a company which has made millions of the Smash name is a little bit of quality so much to ask for? Are you really expecting people not to be mad after the atrocity that was brawl instead of learning from their mistakes they make another floaty game with no combos?

You sound so passive, either that or you don't know what makes a good fighting game. Let me tell you what this game is going to boil down too, and thats playing defensively. Because its clear defensive playing is rewarded on this game, its also clear that this game is going to be played as a hit/run/hit/run/hit/run that is absoutely boring as ****.

People have a right to hate on this, this isn't what we asked for as a community and instead they would rather cater to the audience which plays their game once a month.
Guess what, there will never be another Melee ever again. DEAL WITH IT.
Also guess what again, Brawl sold a lot more than Melee, and it was also rated higher. And a little quality? Brawl is an amazing game, a lot better than Melee. Yeah Melee has better "competitive" fighting engine, but it boils down to just pressuring opponents. What about tactics? Mind games? All you ever see in melee is attack attack and attack.
My point is a lot of people like Brawl, Your stupid complains will not do anything, there never will be another Melee like game, if you don't like the games, you can stop playing for all i care.
The documentary kept saying how "great" the Melee community is, but the truth is it is Cancerous, horrible short sighted and unwilling to adapt.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Also guess what again, Brawl sold a lot more than Melee, and it was also rated higher. And a little quality? Brawl is an amazing game, a lot better than Melee. Yeah Melee has better "competitive" fighting engine, but it boils down to just pressuring opponents. What about tactics? Mind games? All you ever see in melee is attack attack and attack.
My point is a lot of people like Brawl, Your stupid complains will not do anything, there never will be another Melee like game, if you don't like the games, you can stop playing for all i care.
The documentary kept saying how "great" the Melee community is, but the truth is it is Cancerous, horrible short sighted and unwilling to adapt.
while I agree with what you say, you were blunt to the point of being a tad bit rude, all I can see from that post is a fight breaking out over melee VS. Brawl.

If you want melee vs. Brawl #9,383,449,241, then go with it. You're fighting an impossible battle against an enemy so se in their ways they'll never budge.

Last edited:

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
while I agree with what you say, you were blunt to the point of being a tad bit rude, all I can see from that post is a fight breaking out over melee VS. Brawl.

If you want melee vs. Brawl #9,383,449,241, then go with it. You're fighting an impossible battle against an enemy so se in their ways they'll never budge.
Yes it was rude and that was the point. I am so disappointing and frankly disgust by the Melee community. I've never seen such shortsightedness and disregard of other's opinion. Plus the game isn't even out yet, and people have played a work in progress version of the game. In the end, i will just enjoy the game, people can complain their ass off for all i care.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Yes it was rude and that was the point. I am so disappointing and frankly disgust by the Melee community. I've never seen such shortsightedness and disregard of other's opinion. Plus the game isn't even out yet, and people have played a work in progress version of the game. In the end, i will just enjoy the game, people can complain their *** off for all i care.
I understand first hand what you're saying, I argued this same thing when I started the ssb4 boards. People want the game to be close to their own favorite title, and don't care about anyone else's opinions, that's just how people are.

I've learned that being blatantly rude only reflects badly on you and others who share similar beliefs and remain quiet, as well as causing fights that tear this already divided community farther apart.

Last edited:

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
If they catered to the competitive scene they would have both casuals and competitive players playing it so they missed out on that opportunity. Even if the game is made more competitive it can always be played casually due to items and what not. Changes to the game are noticed more by the competitive players so they should have paid more attention to them. No one really expected another melee because that game was a fluke miracle of a game but they could have at least taken some features. This game will sell for sure but it's disappointing that there's another smash that possibly be ditched by the best players :(, competitive gaming is growing at a fast rate atm so it would have been perfect to get this game into that scene.

Let's just hope they make necessary changes that make this game a bit more unique because it's leaning towards brawl a bit too much.

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
I understand first hand what you're saying, I argued this same thing when I started the ssb4 boards. People want the game to be close to their own favorite title, and don't care about anyone else's opinions, that's just how people are.

I've learned that being blatantly rude only reflects badly on you and others who share similar beliefs and remain quiet, as well as causing fights that tear this already divided community farther apart.
Sadly there is no hope for the community anymore. We will stand farther apart, and there is nothing that can fix that. I hate the fact that every time i go somewhere, no matter where, here, Youtube and even Miiverse i see people complaining how this isn't Melee. And honestly you can only keep quiet for so long, maybe the only hope is stop visiting smashboards, i doubt anyone likes getting angry and annoyed when visiting a site dedicated to their favorite game.

nessokman

Smash Lord
If they catered to the competitive scene they would have both casuals and competitive players playing it so they missed out on that opportunity. Even if the game is made more competitive it can always be played casually due to items and what not. Changes to the game are noticed more by the competitive players so they should have paid more attention to them. No one really expected another melee because that game was a fluke miracle of a game but they could have at least taken some features. This game will sell for sure but it's disappointing that there's another smash that possibly be ditched by the best players :(, competitive gaming is growing at a fast rate atm so it would have been perfect to get this game into that scene.

Let's just hope they make necessary changes that make this game a bit more unique because it's leaning towards brawl a bit too much.
Leaning towards brawl at all is "too much" for you people. I'll take it as it is now if they just fix glitches and crashing.

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
Leaning towards brawl at all is "too much" for you people. I'll take it as it is now if they just fix glitches and crashing.
Sakurai said it would be a middle ground between the two games which was a good idea. This is not a middle ground so why are people surprised by complaints. If it leaned towards Melee people would have whined the same thing. Melee could be played casually too so there's no reason the new game should distance itself from it.

LunethF

Smash Cadet
NNID
Luneth
3DS FC
5327-1175-2830
The problem is that the Melee scene can't handle playing a new game, happens with every fighting game, but not on this level.
Street Fighter players didn't ***** on the same level as Melee players when SF4 didn't have parries.
Not every game has to be a carbon copy of Melee to be good and people are being ridiculous expecting wavedashing to be in when it was nothing but an exploit in the game's physics.

GhettoPlab

Smash Rookie
Sakurai said it would be a middle ground between the two games which was a good idea. This is not a middle ground so why are people surprised by complaints. If it leaned towards Melee people would have whined the same thing. Melee could be played casually too so there's no reason the new game should distance itself from it.
The complaints are NOT because it is "not a middle ground" (they did a pretty good job anyway), the complaints are because the game is not Melee.

We are surprised by the complaints from all the people who have never played Smash 4, but they have somehow managed to figure out everything about the game and tell us what is wrong with the game.

They all deny it but we know the people want MELEE HD.

It goes as far as people saying :

"Even the announcer was more epic in Melee"

"90% of the cast in Smash4 is not even viable, not buying."

"No wavedash???? Game sucks."

jwj442

Smash Journeyman
Here's the way I see it: everyone has a right to have an opinion on the game, even if it's negative. Though I think people should make their judgments cautious and tentative until the game comes out. When negativity becomes a problem is when people belabor the point again and again for weeks or months on end and constantly have arguments over it. Beating a dead horse and having the same arguments repeatedly just makes the community more toxic, causes fans of the different games to resent each other more, and makes Smash look worse to outsiders. Fragmenting the community like this helps no one. And if you make a point of tearing down Smash 4, you might even close out potential future Melee/PM players in the long term.

Basically, if you don't like the game, it's fine to say it. But don't attack those who feel differently and don't make it your mission to prove that everyone who does is wrong. Also, criticizing Sakurai's decisions is fine, but sometimes people really do go into nasty personal attacks. Don't do that. And if you like Smash 4, don't act as if the other Smash games are obsolete now and everyone who doesn't want to jump on board is just stuck in the past.

Ultimately, arguments on the internet aren't going to decide how the game works competitively - only time and the development of the metagame will. So there's no point in spending too much time and energy on them.

Last edited:

Vital Tundra

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vital Tundra
3DS FC
1848-2159-5405
I just don't understand how people can be so upset. NO ONE played a Smash game for the first time thinking "man this better have advanced techniques and be fast paced." What happened to loving the game for what it was? I am not competitive on a tourny level, but I can see why Melee's and PM's gameplay is more enjoyable, I love PM! But at the same time I love Brawl! I 100% the game! And it was worth every penny! I can safely say I enjoy going back even to 64, because I know I will have a fun time. I think its crazy that people are bashing this game, and calling it trash, when its not even a complete game! I don't understand the Brawl hate as well, it may not be competitive like Melee, but its content rocks far more than Melee's. Every game is fun, and I know people want a competitive game, but can you not have fun if its not? I love 1v1 no items 4 stock, but its nothing like high frequency, Smart Bombs, on the tiniest stage possible! FREAKIN' HILARIOUS! And that is what Smash Bros. has always been about. I know I will love this game no matter what, just as I loved every Smash game before it, even the fan made ones. And I will continue to go back to each and every one of them.

I am really disappointed in the arguing and hate. I made an account here a while ago and now started wanting to post because iv got the time with my courses over and done with. Not to mention the new info has sparked more conversations about the games systems and what not. But coming in, wanting to join in on the fun, isn't so fun seeing all this hate for nothing.

Gust14

Smash Apprentice
What many people seems to miss is that brawl wasnt anything like smash 64 and melee, it wasnt a new sequel it was a totally diferent beast. No fluity, no combos, zoning...none of that was part of the previous smash games. We just want combos back, if you read closely most complains are about acting inmediatly after being hit, not about lack of wd. I still have hope for smash4 though, is too early to properly judge and the hate is undeserved. Bring the combos back, thats it. Everybody likes a stilysh, hype, fun smash-styled combo, as in smash 64, melee and even sometimes in brawl

Last edited:

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
The complaints are NOT because it is "not a middle ground" (they did a pretty good job anyway), the complaints are because the game is not Melee.

We are surprised by the complaints from all the people who have never played Smash 4, but they have somehow managed to figure out everything about the game and tell us what is wrong with the game.

They all deny it but we know the people want MELEE HD.

It goes as far as people saying :

"Even the announcer was more epic in Melee"

"90% of the cast in Smash4 is not even viable, not buying."

"No wavedash???? Game sucks."
I'm pretty sure we all knew things like wave dashing were not going to be present. We hoped for more simple techniques such as dash dancing and more combo potential, these are features that are not at all game breaking and does not really effect casual play. The fact that Melee pros went to the tourney to give it a go shows that they are open to the new game even though they already knew it won't be as crazy as melee. A few changes here and there can make it a game where both sides of the community will enjoy it. Standards are high for this series so obviously there will be disappointment.

paxinchristo

Smash Ace
To anyone complaining that Smash4 doesn't have combos in a similar fashion to Brawl (by the way, Brawl did have combos, but they were no where near the same level of complexity and fluidity of Melee combos), I would like to point out that there ARE legitimate combos in this game.

From the invitational...(http://youtu.be/eTqaAs86xmU)

@15:47 PewPewU (Mario) strings along a nice little combo against the Wii Fit trainer. It would have led to a kill in my opinion, but he unfortunately dropped it at the very end.

@about 53:48 to 54:15 PPMD gets multiple combos in including up tilt strings and even a nair-->up tilt-->nair-->up smash.

I may have missed some others in all the chaos of FFA, but this just goes to show that the game does have combos and legitimate combos at that.

Vordox

Smash Rookie
New guy here, but played 64, Melee, Brawl and now playing Project M.

What makes smash unique?

Think about this. What terms were created with a unique flavour for what this party fighting game has?

Those words you bring up from that question gives you the answer for what you yourself think Smash is, and this is where the complaining comes from, I'll not name any of the terms that Smash series created, since it's subjective and personal opinion, however, this is where the shoe is strangling your foot in this conversation.

If sequels (Which often are continuing the formulas of what makes the game unique) gets changed, or removed, there'll be fanbase split (most likely the new fans vs Old fans) would you still call that game "Smash"? The more difference or change from the formula the higher split it'll be (Like Melee to Brawl, or Brawl to Project M, and now Melee/Project M to Sm4sh).

This is what makes games die out in the long term, such as Metroid except Other M, Castlevania except Lords of Shadows, Resident Evil (1.2.3/CV/Z) except RE 4/5/6/OC.

I predict that Sm4sh won't have a longetivity due to not how it looks, or the mechanical variations, but the removal of the terms that made smash famous and enjoyable.

(Also for people who say "Minority" of Melee should not be warranted, they have the entitlement (Yes that word) due to how that minority made what Smash is today, without Melee fanbase, there would probably be no brawl or Sm4sh). Even I know that it sounds absurds but doesn't mean they have some reward for them. Even if I do hate that word myself. Don't bash em.

Last edited:

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
I don't even know where to start. Do you realize most of the haters are brawlers right? Most of the melee community just doesn't care about the game. They have Melee and Project M. Only delusional people who thought this game would be the amazingwowgame.

We knew from the videos in the website already it had the brawl engine for shields and airdodges. That was no secret. Is the brawl people mostly complaining about how they quit a lot of the engagers, making the game even more defensive oriented and boring to watch.

And yeah this means more finals like the one of zero vs Hbox

Nintymat

Smash Cadet
Sorry to crap on everyone's parade in this thread but why does everyone have this goddamn mentality.

It's like you're actively NOT ALLOWED to dislike a game. And that we should all be happy and bow down to the Nintendo overlords no matter what they give us.

What is up with people just lapping up anything Nintendo says and does? It's not a sin to be against it.

Now is the time to complain if we want changes (granted not everyone does). If we let our feelings heard now, the game may actually be tweaked to suit the competitive scene better. Rather than waiting for the game to be realised, and realize it doesn't have the competitive potential it could/should do.

No-one is letter-bombing Sakurai or sending him death threats, people are just concerned that the game is turning out unlike what was expected.

"Stop the negativity" doesn't get you a better product. Agreeing and loving everything Nintendo and Sakurai does, won't get us a better Smash.

Vital Tundra

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vital Tundra
3DS FC
1848-2159-5405
Sorry to crap on everyone's parade in this thread but why does everyone have this goddamn mentality.

It's like you're actively NOT ALLOWED to dislike a game. And that we should all be happy and bow down to the Nintendo overlords no matter what they give us.

What is up with people just lapping up anything Nintendo says and does? It's not a sin to be against it.

Now is the time to complain if we want changes (granted not everyone does). If we let our feelings heard now, the game may actually be tweaked to suit the competitive scene better. Rather than waiting for the game to be realised, and realize it doesn't have the competitive potential it could/should do.

No-one is letter-bombing Sakurai or sending him death threats, people are just concerned that the game is turning out unlike what was expected.

"Stop the negativity" doesn't get you a better product. Agreeing and loving everything Nintendo and Sakurai does, won't get us a better Smash.
People are okay with others being concerned. This is more about the people that are straight up dismissing this game, trashing on it without even playing it, and acting like children about it. Others are looking at the Smash community and seeing it at its worst. Its not good in the slightest.

Nintymat

Smash Cadet
To anyone complaining that Smash4 doesn't have combos in a similar fashion to Brawl (by the way, Brawl did have combos, but they were no where near the same level of complexity and fluidity of Melee combos), I would like to point out that there ARE legitimate combos in this game.

From the invitational...(http://youtu.be/eTqaAs86xmU)

@15:47 PewPewU (Mario) strings along a nice little combo against the Wii Fit trainer. It would have led to a kill in my opinion, but he unfortunately dropped it at the very end.

@about 53:48 to 54:15 PPMD gets multiple combos in including up tilt strings and even a nair-->up tilt-->nair-->up smash.

I may have missed some others in all the chaos of FFA, but this just goes to show that the game does have combos and legitimate combos at that.
In the PewPewU combo, Wii Fit trainer is attacking after every time she gets hit, and therefore is not in hitstun. She could have air dodged out of the first hit and stopped the entire thing.

The case is most likely the same for the second one.

Sorry for double post.

nessokman

Smash Lord
I don't even know where to start. Do you realize most of the haters are brawlers right? Most of the melee community just doesn't care about the game. They have Melee and Project M. Only delusional people who thought this game would be the amazingwowgame.

We knew from the videos in the website already it had the brawl engine for shields and airdodges. That was no secret. Is the brawl people mostly complaining about how they quit a lot of the engagers, making the game even more defensive oriented and boring to watch.

And yeah this means more finals like the one of zero vs Hbox
No, people are complaining because it isn't like melee. Melee crowd doesn't want to need project M, a professionally made smash 4 beats a mod of brawl any day.

Last edited:

Nintymat

Smash Cadet
No, people are complaining because it isn't melee. Melee crowd doesn't want to need project M, a professionally made smash 4 beats a mod of brawl any day.
I despise posts like this.

Hurr durr Melee fans only want Melee

If Smash4 had been shown to be:

-Quick (not as quick as Melee but far faster than Brawl)
-Shown combo potential
-Shown a few AT's which could be useful (NOT Wavedashing and L-Cancelling, im talking about things like useful dash dancing)
-Shown good air game with fast fall speeds

The Melee community would have been ****ing happy. Enough to switch? Probably not, but they would have liked what they had seen. Im sure there are some Melee fans out there who were VERY interested in being able to play 1v1 final destination no items ranked online.

Unfortunately, SO FAR, Smash 4 has shown none of those things.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Can you quote these Melee players please.
No, I'm too lazy. Go through al the threads with negative titles and look at what they say. 99% will say they wanted it faster (like melee) and less floaty (like melee) these are melee players. Brawl players are happy with it because it is a decent balance between the two with a bit of a lean toward their preference.

I despise posts like this.

Hurr durr Melee fans only want Melee

If Smash4 had been shown to be:

-Quick (not as quick as Melee but far faster than Brawl)
-Shown combo potential
-Shown a few AT's which could be useful (NOT Wavedashing and L-Cancelling, im talking about things like useful dash dancing)
-Shown good air game with fast fall speeds

The Melee community would have been ****ing happy. Enough to switch? Probably not, but they would have liked what they had seen. Im sure there are some Melee fans out there who were VERY interested in being able to play 1v1 final destination no items ranked online.

Unfortunately, SO FAR, Smash 4 has shown none of those things.
All I said it was the melee fans complaining! Brawl fans should be happy how it is, it's great! Melee fans are the ones who want it faster!

The game does have combos!You any expect players to pick up a controller and do crazy kill combos on their first times playing, can you? If you do, you are a fool.

Air game looks fun, but that's just me. My play style is aerial all the way.

Melee fans may not "just want another melee", but they are the ones complaining.

I was trying to avoid these petty fights, sheesh!

Last edited:

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
No, I'm too lazy. Go through al the threads with negative titles and look at what they say. 99% will say they wanted it faster (like melee) and less floaty (like melee) these are melee players. Brawl players are happy with it because it is a decent balance between the two with a bit of a lean toward their preference.
Making the game faster like melee or less floaty like melee does not mean they want another Melee. They are pointing out the features of melee that made the game great and there's nothing wrong with that. Faster gameplay is only one of the many great things about melee and just wanting that makes it a melee clone? If people were asking for things like wavedashing etc then it would be okay to call them disillusion but in the majority of the cases it's nothing to do with that.

Increasing the speed of a game does not at all hinder it in any way, even for casual play, whereas slowing down a game has a much bigger impact to those who play it competitively. It's not that hard to please both sides.

Last edited:

Renji64

Smash Lord
People just don't want a extention of brawl if it is gonna be a new smash take the best elements from brawl and melee like project m did.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Making the game faster like melee or less floaty like melee does not mean they want another Melee. They are pointing out the features of melee that made the game great and there's nothing wrong with that. Faster gameplay is only one of the many great things about melee and just wanting that makes it a melee clone? If people were asking for things like wavedashing etc then it would be okay to call them disillusion but in the majority of the cases it's nothing to do with that.

Increasing the speed of a game does not at all hinder it in any way, even for casual play, whereas slowing down a game has a much bigger impact to those who play it competitively. It's not that hard to please both sides.
Ugh....I only said it was melee players complaining that the game isn't LIKE melee, never did I, in any way, say they want melee 2.0. Merely stated a fact that it was only melee elitists complaining.

Nintymat

Smash Cadet

All I said it was the melee fans complaining! Brawl fans should be happy how it is, it's great! Melee fans are the ones who want it faster!

The game does have combos!You any expect players to pick up a controller and do crazy kill combos on their first times playing, can you? If you do, you are a fool.

Air game looks fun, but that's just me. My play style is aerial all the way.

Melee fans may not "just want another melee", but they are the ones complaining.

I was trying to avoid these petty fights, sheesh!
I am a Brawl only fan. I played liked Melee but never loved it and never played competitively. Even I am disappointing with what we have seen with Smash 4.

I don't know where you think these "combos" are going to come from? Like this isn't Street Fighter where people need to work out frame data. In Smash brothers combos come from hitting your opponent putting them in hit-stun and then following it up. In Smash 4 this is not possible as characters exit out of hit stun incredibly quickly, like in SSBB.

Air game might look fun, and that's fine fun is objective, but it is not good for competitive play in the current state it is in. This is because lots of player movement + lots of time to think as you are falling to the ground + multiple air dodges gives players in the air too many defensive options and is too safe.

As for the last point, I am not a Melee player. I can't even wave-dash. I'm still complaining.

Renji64

Smash Lord
Ugh....I only said it was melee players complaining that the game isn't LIKE melee, never did I, in any way, say they want melee 2.0. Merely stated a fact that it was only melee elitists complaining.
Well those people enjoy good games they didn't brainwash themselves to supporting a game like brawl that anti-competitive and had random tripping. They wanna enjoy smash 4 as well sakurai can please everyone with some feedback and changes.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
In Smash 4 this is not possible as characters exit out of hit stun incredibly quickly, like in SSBB.
Just gonna say this... but as someone who studies the hitstun levels of Brawl, Smash 4 has more hitstun, you dont come out that quickly, combos are there we just havent discovered them yet, it might not be Melee level but its there. Im sure Day 1 of Melee looked worse than this lmao.

Last edited:

Nintymat

Smash Cadet
Just gonna say this... but as someone who studies the hitstun levels of Brawl, Smash 4 has more hitstun, you dont come out that quickly, combos are there we just havent discovered them yet, it might not be Melee level but its there. Im sure Day 1 of Melee looked worse than this lmao.
The tournament had 16 top smash players (both brawl and melee), and I haven't seen a single video of a TRUE in-game combo. People all around America are playing the game at Best Buy's right now. Still not seen a single combo video. If you have evidence, please show me.

People who haved played this are professionals who know what they are doing and they can't find ****. Unless there is a secret "combo mode" which has to be activated, I don't see any evidence to suggest there will be true decent-length combos in the game.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Considering this doesn't warrant it's own thread, and the hate/flaming is spreading like wildfire (SO PUNNY :awesome:) this thread will be locked. The flaming over these games is absolutely ridiculous in my eyes, and threads like this should be avoided, as all it does is give a focused area for flaming and what have you.

As I have said in another thread like this, I find a lot of comments in here to be pretentious and childish. You haven't even played this game yet, and this game has a few months left in development to fix the issues you have. If you don't like this game, then stop complaining and go play your favorite Smash Brothers game. Nobody is stopping you.

/locked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom