• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Address Change!!!!!Smashfest in Springfield Oh, 28-30th November(Melee, Brawl)

wakka444

Smash Ace
New Address: 2141 Broadway St. Springfield, OH 45504
Time: Friday 6:00pm - Sunday Morning
Please bring some setups if you can! we should have at least 3 but more is always appreciated!
I do have a capture card on my computer and It is hooked up to record some matches if anyone wants!
Any other Questions call my cell 937-925-2608
Sorry again for the confusion hope to see you all tomorrow

Big Thank YOU to Mholtz and his crew for making this happen, itll be a blast.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I might have been able to if you'd scheduled it about a week earlier... *doh*

wakka444

Smash Ace
I was planning on doing the fest to get an idea on what everybody would be interested in, but if the feedback here is enough we can do a tourney instead, I need to see what people are interested in though and see if we need Brawl and/or melee.

All I need to know is that people are interested and we'll see a decent turn out, thanks so far for the input but keep it going=)

Nope

Smash Lord
I think I will be coming to this, I didn't know anyone else really played in springfield. I live on Broadway (Literally 3 minutes from your house) and would love to play anytime your available you can hit me up on AIM (MHoltz0506) or PM me for my cell number. We have 5-6 people who play over at my house weekly and we have a couple setups available at all times. I'm glad to find some more players in the area.

edit: now that I think about it wakka sounds familiar I think you and your crew have actually been over to my house once this summer. you know Zach Chiles right?

wakka444

Smash Ace
Yep it sure was=) it was a great time too and we had the same reaction when we found out about you guys.
As it stands wight now though it'll most likely be the smashfest this time around at least until word starts getting out and then tournaments can happen, but that could change if I know there will be a decent turnout and people want a tournament=)

And I appreciate everyone who wants and plans on attending this.

Nope

Smash Lord
I feel that tourneys trying to happen in someones house is kind of a turn off to most players. I think if we can get a couple smashfests going at first to establish a decent player base then find a venue nearby alot of people would be willing to make the trip down and we could host a pretty good tourney. At the smashfest we can talk about what potential venues are in the area and rules we could go over for a tourney.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Wakka you sneaky devil
You didn't mention this and I'll be home by then
I've been dying for some good smash lately, i have yet to find a good challenge here at OU.
Of course i vote for melee, and could have at least one setup for brawl. whatever works, i can bring two setups.
I like... tournies.

MHoltz whats up? I was at the little smashfest at your house that day but we never got around to having a tournament, maybe this can make up for it. Hope you and your group can make it.

wakka444

Smash Ace
I know what you're saying MHoltz but i was just hoping to deliver what would produce the best turnout of players(4% wanted a tournie and well come on its 4%).

and sil sil sil i have no @#$%ing clue how you found this seriously lol, we are never on swf nowadays you know that lol

Nope

Smash Lord
This sounds like fun I might have up to 6 of us coming. We can bring setups if you would like and I vote for a brawl tourney! I will play a little bit of Melee but its just been so long =/ also if you go to OU that means your on quarters and its time for a long break and plenty of smash before you go back then. We can make sure of that.

Edit: also I'm all for a tourney but like I said the turnout probably wont be that good with a house and no venue /shrug

wakka444

Smash Ace
Lol to be honest I don't really feel like holding a tournament at least not until i see what we are dealing with in terms of numbers outside of Springfield, I'm trying to get some dayton friends. I'm thinking we go with what you said with the fests to start then work on the other stuff down the road, and he will play lots of smash lots lots lots I promise haha. Sin should be coming along with Zazi for our side but I'm still hoping for some more >.>

Edit: Sil give Paradigm a call please=D

Silhouette

Smash Lord
It was crazy I just got this weird tingly feeling that told me to log on, and here i am...
i then proceeded in watching a whole bunch of pro vids... but isn't that what we all do in our free time?

I agree with Wakka Sin is coming.

and ill give Paradigm, Reside, and Capn' calls to see who all can make it.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Lol to be honest I don't really feel like holding a tournament at least not until i see what we are dealing with in terms of numbers outside of Springfield, I'm trying to get some dayton friends.

Well, while I can't go to this at the dates you posted, I can talk to some friends and see if they'd be interested.

wakka444

Smash Ace
Sorry to hear that fromundaman, but we do hope to get some consistent things going on here and this is hopefully just the first of many to come =D

At Sin pffttt you could walk here don't give me that nonsense lol.

Sil nice to see your swf senses are working haha

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
i could not walk there....what are you, stoopid?
but i guess if sil says im going then i guess i should go despite the fact that im prolly gonna be playing roy so i dont want to hear any johns about me haveing teh firez

Silhouette

Smash Lord
K so heres the deal xParaSinx: if you walk to wakkas house from yours then we promise no johnz about teh firez.
You would have teh firez anyways playing mario.

and yeah sry to hear it fromundaman hope you can come next time.

and capn' should be home by then and will come if he is, and i talked with paradigm and he's going to check it out.

Nope

Smash Lord
Is this a whole weekend type deal or what is going on? I have some thanksgiving stuff to do with the family on Saturday so I won't be able to attend much then and I work Sunday night but I will certainly be there Friday. Also what time will it start on Friday?

wakka444

Smash Ace
Details are a little sketchy at the moment seeing as I don't have my work schedule for the weekend yet but what I'm really searching for is Friday I don't care when you come over either I'll be here or one of the other Last Kids Picked, even though we all have stuff going on someone will be here to keep this going from Friday to Sunday, I wouldn't imagine too much into Sunday night of course.

I'm fine with people staying here as well and there really shouldn't be any problems with that especially with Mholtz living soooooo close.

Food always seems to be scarce= / here so if you'd like to bring a few bucks for pizza or whatever that be good.

Keep the questions coming.

Oh and an important side note to avoid all firez johns there will be a ban on characters with teh firez screw you guys my house, so no mario roy samus jiggs luigi capt. falcon. the exception is bowser=D

Silhouette

Smash Lord
sil, havent you heard, i play under Trdip now :]
you would
good luck fitting that into the 4 char space in melee names. =P jk

Oh and an important side note to avoid all firez johns there will be a ban on characters with teh firez screw you guys my house, so no mario roy samus jiggs luigi capt. falcon. the exception is bowser=D
awww poor samus
I like how you excluded the space animals... and peach... and ness... and YLink... and sheik/zelda... and kirby... and G&W... and pichu/pikachu.
and ppl would also johnz about teh darkness so we should prob also ban mewtwo and gannon.
so the only legal characters will be Marth, Ice Climbers, Dr. Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Yoshi, and Bowser.
That sounds fare you should post that in the main thread.

wakka444

Smash Ace
hmmm i thought i had forgotten some characters.....
darkness johns are legit so don't try and pull that card. And i should add that if i like that character they arent banned sooooo ylink is legal as is falco

seeing as i forgot about the extreme opness that is eggs yoshi has been banned good day.
(marth is legal as long as you use non-sword attacks, i have zero tolerance for using the marth has a sword glitch we all know it wasnt intended)

pffttt im not updating the op

Silhouette

Smash Lord
BLAST!!! ive got family thanksgiving stuff going on and wont be back till saturday, so ill be a little late to the party sry. =/

and it looks like ill be using marth with only grabs, since thats the logical choice, and can i plz use samus if i use swdash as my only form of movement?

and banning yoshi causes ninjas to kill kittens.... and do you really want that on your conscience?

do you?

wakka444

Smash Ace
laaaaammee sil very lame, idk how i forgot about thanksgiving=/ with that i can guarantee a lot of ppl wont be able to make it which is cool smashfest is still on for cool people.

I'll be allowing banned characters to be played assuming that you are a ninja and you are killing kittens.

marth's grabs are legal as long as it doesnt do that thing where it grabs from foorrrreeevvveeerrrr away from him so watch yourself or the ninjas might just mistake you for a kitten.

wakka444

Smash Ace
yea i know how it is with her shes quite the funvac sucking up all the fun >.<

Edit:no mom johns be there

wakka444

Smash Ace
unfortunately you used a roflsquirrel which is easily counterpicked by roflnuts which you did to yourself way to go.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
so wait, what im understanding is that young link and link both have teh firez....bombs ftw, which also means ness is banned cause he, too, has firez. lets not forget that peach has access to teh firez through the bomb omb so she, aswell, can not be played.
sheesh, this also means that shiek and zelda are both banned cause of up-b johns on shiek and uair and over-b johns on zelda.
you guys over looked soooo much.

falco and fox both have up-b firez so theyre gone too.
Ganons gone due to utilt johns and firez on it and about how op it actually is.....

we have effectively made a fair roster leaving: Doc, Marth, DK, Yoshi, Mewtwo?, pichu, pikachu, and IC's. HAVE FUN!

OMG
IM GONNA PILL CANCEL THIS UP!!!!!

on the topic of lawlz firez....

Silhouette

Smash Lord
do you not see the five roflcats behind the window after the roflsquirrel? its what they roflwant.
and im pretty sure they overpower it.
thats pure roflpower.
=P

Silhouette

Smash Lord
so wait, what im understanding is that young link and link both have teh firez....bombs ftw, which also means ness is banned cause he, too, has firez. lets not forget that peach has access to teh firez through the bomb omb so she, aswell, can not be played.
sheesh, you guys over looked soooo much.

OMG
IM GONNA PILL CANCEL THIS UP!!!!!
I included peach because her <B has teh firez, Young Link is unbanned because Wakka likes him, I got ness, though i did over look Link and his bombs ftw. so you got me there.

I SHALL USE TEH ICE!!!
FFFFFRRREEEZZZZEEERRRBBUUURRRNNN!!!

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
i added more to my post, making it like this.... (im way too lazy to use quote button...)

"so wait, what im understanding is that young link and link both have teh firez....bombs ftw, which also means ness is banned cause he, too, has firez. lets not forget that peach has access to teh firez through the bomb omb so she, aswell, can not be played.
sheesh, this also means that shiek and zelda are both banned cause of up-b johns on shiek and uair and over-b johns on zelda.

Ganons gone due to utilt johns and firez on it and about how op it actually is.....

we have effectively made a fair roster leaving: Doc, Marth, DK, Yoshi, Mewtwo?, pichu, pikachu, and IC's. HAVE FUN! "

wakka444

Smash Ace
sin dont forget with marth you arent aloud to use the glitch where he has a sword seeing as it was not intended and is clearly exploiting, hes only usable when you use nonsword related moves, falco isnt banned neither is ganon bc i dont care anymore i like them and again moderator this thread has totally digressed please stop us

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
falco isnt banned neither is ganon bc i dont care anymore i like them
F U, i like mario and i don't get to play him cause of teh firez, they're banned, get over it!

WTB an English major to go through and count all of our mistakes and fix every last bit of grammar in this thread!

Silhouette

Smash Lord
i added more to my post, making it like this.... (im way too lazy to use quote button...)

"so wait, what im understanding is that young link and link both have teh firez....bombs ftw, which also means ness is banned cause he, too, has firez. lets not forget that peach has access to teh firez through the bomb omb so she, aswell, can not be played.

we have effectively made a fair roster leaving: Doc, Marth, DK, Yoshi, Mewtwo?, pichu, pikachu, and IC's. HAVE FUN! "
Have you not read any of my posts? weve been over this.

heres the roster: Doc, Marth (no sword),Falco (Wakka likes him and its his house), Young Link (Wakka likes him too), Bowser (He's F***ing Bowser), Gannon (nobody uses that attack, and if they can actualy land it there aren't enough johnz in teh world that can save you), DK, Mewtwo, and IC's.

Yoshi - opness eggs BANNED
Marths sword - its actually a broken glitch and we all know it. BANNED
Pichu/Pikachu - Lightning is the leading cause of forest fires, and Smokey the bear doesn't approve. BANNED

just to clear things up...

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
Pichu/Pikachu - Lightning is the leading cause of forest fires, and Smokey the bear doesn't approve. BANNED
woah waoh woah, we cant bring him into this cause then we also have to ban marth, doc, and ic's cause they all have the power to prevent firez, they just dont....soooo, we are really just left with dk and mewtwo....this ought to be fun

EDIT to the EDIT, and wakka, pick one of the 4 characters (young link, ganon, bowser, and falco) to keep, all four arent allowed

wakka444

Smash Ace
haha thanks sil all in all this sounds pretty good=D
your bowser logic is flawless btw

pichu also hurts himself and masochism is not cool
-banned

Top Bottom