• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Actual Frame Data

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
This is 99% Correct.

I've also figured out the timer for Autocancelling. For example, I know that Sheik's Dair is balls because the frame in which it autocancels is 5 frames after the move has ended....

I'll post that up later, along with specials. If you have questions, ask and I'll get to'em.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
excellent

east, SL, and tristan

really great guys for getting all the technical data on sheik :)

thanks east

ahh i didnt realize dsmash hit on frame 4 while the tilts hit on frame 5, i always had the notion that they were all 4

the more you know :)

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Well, it is all thanks to the PSA.

Innocentroads made Piece of Peace by using the PSA.
I got the hit box data through PSA.
(and) East got the new frame data from the PSA.

My next project is activating the forgotten attacks/third dimension attacks/what have you.
There seems to be strange data in folders that it doesn't belong in that are attack.

ie All attack data SHOULD be in the folder *Main*.
There are attack data in folder *GFX* (which is code for side effect.
It is my belief that since these separate attacks are considered a side effect, then there is a way to activate them.
An example of one of these is the chain jacket.

IDK how to activate them though... I'll just have to wait and see.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Great job East.

Question: How do you calculate the frames for jab canceling? Does jab 1 actually go through all of its end lag?

For example, would it be like this?

Frame 2: Jab 1 hits
Frame 17: Jab 1 ends
Frame 22: F-tilt hits

So all in all a third of a second about? I suppose that makes sense, but I just want to confirm that's how to calculate it, with perfect buffering and everything.

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
Each of the jabs was calculated as if that was the last attack you did, so if you just did one jab there would be 14 frames of lag after it. If you simply jabbed twice, there would be 12 frames of hit lag.

For cancelling into another jab, [From first to second and so forth] I you have to take your hand off of the A button, for at least 1 frame and then the next frame simply press A again. You can only do this when the hit box disappears however, so within the 14 frames of hitlag, if you take your hand off of A and then press it again, it will cancel into the second jab.

I'm not sure I completely see what you're doing there, but I think your numbers are wrong. I believe it should look like this:

Frame 2: Jab 1 Hits
Frame 9: Jab 2 Hits
Frame 28: F-Tilt Hits

You can cancel a jab into another during any of it's lag, otherwise, you have to just wait till the end of the lag [Frame 17]. I'm pretty sure that's how it works, If I'm wrong, someone please tell me.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I think as soon as you can input for another jab you can crouch instead... I think.

It seems like the way they set it up you have a window to input a second jab during the animation (after the hit box) and after it finishes any a input will go back to your normal attacks. But holding down will cancel this animation completely putting you into crouch animation instead from there you can do any attacks you want.

Even if that is wrong you can definitely shorten a jabs full animation by crouching.

Top Bottom