• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ace Attorney General Thread - Spirit of Justice is out! Go play it!

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
No hype for The Great Ace Attorney... That really left a sour taste in my mouth. At least there is still the anime and AA6.

Confession: I never finished the third Ace Attorney game. I need to though... (I blame iso for killing my motivation)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You guys think we'll ever get Great Ace Attorney or Ace Attorney Investigations 2?

D

Deleted member

You guys think we'll ever get Great Ace Attorney or Ace Attorney Investigations 2?
I don't think so.
I think it's too late for AAI2 to get localized, unless Capcom makes a collection of games featuring both AAI and an official translation of AAI2.
I also have no hope for GAA since Capcom is moving into the 6th entry already. I think that they fear that if Phoenix isn't in the title or is the protagonist, the game won't do well.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't think so.
I think it's too late for AAI2 to get localized, unless Capcom makes a collection of games featuring both AAI and an official translation of AAI2.
I also have no hope for GAA since Capcom is moving into the 6th entry already. I think that they fear that if Phoenix isn't in the title or is the protagonist, the game won't do well.
Major shame.

Is the fan translation complete?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
When do you think we'll get news about AA6 or the anime?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
When do you think we'll get news about AA6 or the anime?
Nintendo Dream's March issue has this:
- Official confirmation that FUSE Takuro is the art director for this game.
- YAMAZAKI was "scenario director" for AA5, which meant he could focus on the story, but this time he's the "normal" director of the game, being the person responsible for all that's going on on the development floor. FUSE was AA5's art director, but this time he's both art director and co-director of the game. YAMAZAKI sets out the larger creative course for the game, while FUSE makes the calls on the level beneath that.
- At the moment, the game is in a playable state. Because many people said AA5 was to easy, they're now carefully checking how they present hints to the players.
- Because people thought the Spirit Vision system in the TGS 2015 demo was difficult, they've tweaked that.
- The 3D models of the characters who appeared in the previous game like Phoenix and Apollo have all been remade.

They also look back at the development of AA5 in this article.
http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=31702

Nothing on the anime yet, but I'd expect stuff like a date for the start of broadcasting soon, since it's supposed to start in April.

D

Deleted member

Guys, it's the moment we've all been waiting for... an Ace Attorney pachinko machine has been announced!!
so much hype
Oh dear... I am getting deja vu...
*Googles AA6 information*
OK, good. The game didn't get cancelled.

Actually, the animation in that video is quite impressive. If that is supposed to be what the anime is like, then I can't wait to see it.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Who wants to bet that's taken directly from the anime?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Who wants to bet that's taken directly from the anime?
According to this guy, it probably isn't:
I'd say it's the other way around though: while it might be footage from the upcoming anime, there's a much bigger chance that this is footage exclusive for the pachinko machine actually. Pachinko machines very, very often feature exclusively animated footage. They have that more often than re-used footage.

(Trivia: voicing pachinko anime sequences is one of the best paid jobs for voice actors in Japan, paying muuuuuch better than TV anime)

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Time to officially go into hype mode.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
What do you enjoy most about Ace Attorney?

I'm personally quite fond of the writing. Of course, this is the majority of the game, and it's actually decent. It reminds me of an off-the-wall crime thriller comedy. :laugh:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
We have a release date for the anime: April 2nd. It airs on Saturdays at 5:30 PM JST.

It's titled Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "shinjitsu", igiari!, or Ace Attorney: I object to this "truth"!.

Now to wait for someone to hopefully work on localising it...

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We have a release date for the anime: April 2nd. It airs on Saturdays at 5:30 PM JST.

It's titled Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "shinjitsu", igiari!, or Ace Attorney: I object to this "truth"!.

Now I'm excited!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Great! Is there any mention of who is voicing the characters?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
'Guess i will post this image here.
Cad3kECW0AAfs-d.jpg

I don't know if this was already posted. But hey, he look great, so i post it anyway.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Great! Is there any mention of who is voicing the characters?
Yes, we do: http://www.ytv.co.jp/animegyakuten/

- Phoenix: Yuuki Kaji
- Maya: Aoi Yuuki
- Edgeworth: Masashi Tamaki
- Mia: Chie Nakamura
- Gumshoe: Masami Iwasaki
- Larry: Tooru Nara

These are just names to me since I don't watch anime, maybe you or someone else can tell me if they're any good or not.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Tomorrow's Famitsu gives us our first look at AA6's rival prosecutor:
Apparently, people aren't sure if they're male or female yet, and the text is too ambiguous to glean any clues from. Should hopefully be more info later, when more scans come in.
The Funeral Prosecutor - Nayuta Sadmadhi
International prosecutor and an eminent monk in the Kingdom of Kurain with a devout belief in his/her religion. She/he believes that convicting the guilty in court means salvation for their victims. Has a soft demeanor, but has a sharp tongue.
"Let's judge upon the guilty and guide the spirits of their victims to the afterlife"

Objection: "Satora"
http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=31735

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If he's a monk... He's male.

Still, it'd be neat if we got another female prosecutor. Franziska is our only one.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
He reminds me of Sephiran from the FE Tellius series.

Also:

Last edited:
Started Apollo Justice recently. Already pretty good.

the whole "magic panties" thing is . . .off putting at best.
Ema Skye :O

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
I love Apollo and his chords of steel. He's probably my favorite character in the Ace Attorney series. It's a shame that some people still have a bad taste from it because the main protagonist wasn't Phoenix Wright and people didn't like that idea at the time.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I love Apollo and his chords of steel. He's probably my favorite character in the Ace Attorney series. It's a shame that some people still have a bad taste from it because the main protagonist wasn't Phoenix Wright and people didn't like that idea at the time.
Yeah, I was glad that Apollo came back in Dual Destinies.

They didn't throw away the character. They just made him grow and changed his situation.

They fixed him.

D

Deleted member

I think people mostly had bad taste from the plot of Apollo Justice. I know that some people online didn't like the defendant in the second case; I've seen people actually wish that he was the murderer. While not playing as Phoenix did leave a bad taste in some people mouthes, I think that disbarring him and changing him didn't help much either.

After Apollo Justice and the mixed sales of Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth, I think Capcom thought the series wouldn't sell well in the US if it didn't feature Phoenix Wright in the title and as the main protagonist. I think that would explain why AAI2 and the Great Ace Attorney games weren't released in America, but we are still getting AA6.

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
True. Having a different protagonist is one thing, but having a previous one show up in such a poor state really could have bothered people even more, which is still a shame.

That's a good point, actually. But that's so sad, I mean I'm glad there's a fanbase loyal and hardworking enough to make a fan translation, but I don't want us to be completely unacknowledged when more games come out. Even if we want Great Ace Detective and a team of fans works on it, it'll probably take another 4 years like AAI2 did. Ace Attorney games are still awesome even without Nick, as much as I love the guy.

_Sheik

Smash Lord

Despite the lack of sound, this looks rather good. Anyone in these parts knows Japanese?

EDIT: That's some sweet shawl motion.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

Despite the lack of sound, this looks rather good. Anyone in these parts knows Japanese?

EDIT: That's some sweet shawl motion.
Phoenix
(Ugh. They finally left... what do I do now?)
(Okay! There's no other choice but to face things head on!)
Your Honor! It's too soon to call a verdict!
It's barely been a few minutes since the trial started!

We can't arrive at a verdict without hearing the story from the person himself!
The defense requests to cross-examine the defendant!

Apollo
A-anyway! I do have basis for my claim!

...Um, so what do you mean?

Therefore, you can't say the fingerprints on the tape suggest the defendant called the victim.
The prosecution's investigation isn't complete!

Athena
Apollo: Come on. Stop crying like you always do and let's get going.
Athena: Rude much!? I was not crying!
Apollo: (...From crying to getting angry. Talk about an emotional roller coaster.)

Athena: The defense raises an objection!
...to Attorney Justice!
Apollo! Take back that point from earlier!
Apollo: What? No! This contradiction has got to mean something!

Nayuta
...Understood. Now... let us guide the victim's soul peacefully into the afterlife...
By the name of our founder.
...Very well. Let us begin the funeral.

Roast in the fires of hell... you troublesome red bell pepper.

I am the Chief Prosecutor... fittingly so, if I do say so.
He is merely a defense attorney I used to know from my home country.

That's Chief Prosecutor to you. In this country, I go by the name of the "Undefeatable Payne".
Hee hee hee... No need for formalities. However...
You most certainly will submit in defeat, before me and this country's legal circles.

Leifa
Know that to doubt the "oracle of spirits" is to doubt our founder.
Judge! By the name of our founder, I hereby appoint myself as the shamaness of Kurain.
Bestow a great penalty upon the corrupted soul of this boy!

Everyone, cease your tongues!

Bokuto
My name is Bokuto Tsuani. I am a monk-in-training at Jiin Temple.
Pleased to meet you! Appilakke!

There are lots of interesting things to find at Jiin Temple, but best of all...
is the ceremony of the "Dance of Offering"!
The Dance of Offering comes twice, one in the morning and one in the evening...
and everyone dances together to the "Song of Ritual" for our great founder!

Case 2 Crime Scene
T/N: The controls are the same as in DD. Use the D-pad to change perspective and the analog stick to move the cursor.
http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1345912#p1345912

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This new girl looks an awful lot like Maya....

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I have only played the beginning of AA1 and AA4 and went through the entire game + DLC of AA5. I must ask though, does the fact that we don't see Maya anymore starting from AA4 come from the

forged evidence

thingy?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I have only played the beginning of AA1 and AA4 and went through the entire game + DLC of AA5. I must ask though, does the fact that we don't see Maya anymore starting from AA4 come from the

forged evidence

thingy?
Yes and No.

Mostly no.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Is there an entire explanation as to why she doesn't appear any more, or is that shrouded in black?

Spc2799

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spc2799
The second i heard about AA6's localization my heart sank tbh. I can't believe that we were teased by capcom and given nothing. I'm very grateful we will get AA6 but having just recently gotten into the AA series i was excited to play a new protagonist like what they did with Apollo (still love Nick though). Eh I'm still very hyped for the new game and the anime series is gonna be a must watch for me.

also its pretty awesome to see a little ace attorney thread that i can talk to other fans in! *watched*

Top Bottom