• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Absolute Zero: A Zero Suit Samus Video by Claw

Pai

Smash Cadet
NNID
Paestries
3DS FC
2036-7921-7608
Ahh fdjskal. That was crazy. I loved it. So inpsiring. *sniff*

I also like how you showed yourself getting owned at the end. Everyone does :'D So it was nice to know you're not a crazy robot who never loses. Ever.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I tried some of the stuff he preformed in the video I must say my game has already improved thanks to that video.

ashes

Smash Apprentice
Excellent video!
Out of curiosity though, how old are most of those clips? I guess what I am trying to get at is do those moves/combos still work(like the dsmash,dsmash,up b combo). The combos in the vids were executed flawlessly, but i am wondering whether that just happened because the game was still new and there were not as many skilled opponents who knew how to avoid your attacks or if you're really that good. However if the majority of the clips are newish then excellent, and i will try hard to learn a thing or two from you, if not then it is an excellent vid and i will still try and learn some of those moves because they can still be used in moderation.
any way i have tried to word this so as not to cause any sort of offense... i was just curious.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
Good job, you are very good at what you were doing, and a well put together video, thanks for sharing it with us, and I believe I have learned a few things from your video.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Well I certianly learnd that UP-B can do crazy **** now! I'll be using it alot more now..

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
God I've been waiting for you to finish this for months. Bout **** time.

So now that I've watched it:
Best 10 minutes of Brawl footage I've seen since the game came out. I'm genuinely impressed. And I love your modesty at the end! :laugh: Wish I lived out in Reno so I could play you.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Total ****.
Excellent gameplay & video edition.
Congratulations.

-Steed-

Smash Cadet
Best combo vid, no.. best brawl vid I have seen so far. You prove that zss really is an under rated character, really glad I mained zss from the start with videos like this to learn from, like DSR said, many new things to try ;)

Keep up the good work with vids :)

SabinFigaro24

Smash Apprentice
Amazing video - a milestone in progress leading to the level of advancement that was found in Melee after 3-4 years. And so early, too. Seriously, great work.

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
Wow, now I want to second Zamus. She seems a little broken in those clips due to her freaking RANGED SPIKE!

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I still have quite a bit of trouble when attacking Marth in the air with some of those moves, simply because he does counter in the air and that kinda henders ZSS's air approch.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Wow, I've tried out some of those combo's just now, the Stun and bair off stage is so bad ***...i'm only now wondering why I never used it before, that gives me alot more options, and the stun into the bair while on stage, I'd never think to do that...i'm baffled why I never did this before :|

myRoboticClaw

Smash Apprentice
Excellent video!
Out of curiosity though, how old are most of those clips? I guess what I am trying to get at is do those moves/combos still work(like the dsmash,dsmash,up b combo). The combos in the vids were executed flawlessly, but i am wondering whether that just happened because the game was still new and there were not as many skilled opponents who knew how to avoid your attacks or if you're really that good. However if the majority of the clips are newish then excellent, and i will try hard to learn a thing or two from you, if not then it is an excellent vid and i will still try and learn some of those moves because they can still be used in moderation.
any way i have tried to word this so as not to cause any sort of offense... i was just curious.
Alot of these clips are new actually. The up-b out of down-smash usually only works if they DI wrong though, but it definitely still works. My friends are getting better at tech rolling it though (which is actually very hard to do) and it is sometimes harder to catch them.

myRoboticClaw

Smash Apprentice
I still have quite a bit of trouble when attacking Marth in the air with some of those moves, simply because he does counter in the air and that kinda henders ZSS's air approch.
I too find marth to be a hard match-up. Still working on gameplay against him though, since I play Drago quite often. We'll see what happens I guess.

Cynan Machae

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CynanMachae
I really was wondering if it was ever going to come out :p Finally!

Really great stuff, I'm looking forward to implement some of this stuff in my ZSS play :)

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I hate today, I wanted to try a bunch of the new stuff, but my ZSS game went to hell...I hate off days :| why does this always happen when I want to try out new stuff with her? -.-

daemonk

Smash Cadet
Good stuff. I am not sure if it will work against high level players that DIs and air dodges.

ZSS has probably the most entertaining combos though.

_clinton

Smash Master
Great video...it has shown me to be more careful around Zamus...

Tristan_win

Not dead.
The most likely reason why you “can't do them” is because your so worried about using what you learned in your game that it mess up everything else that you normally do.

So basically for the first few games or so your going to do terrible and get your *** handed to you but after a while it will become second nature and you will become a better player

Strangely thinking about what you learn and not playing for a day or so casually(not constantly wishing to play) will also yield positive effects

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
The most likely reason why you “can't do them” is because your so worried about using what you learned in your game that it mess up everything else that you normally do.

So basically for the first few games or so your going to do terrible and get your *** handed to you but after a while it will become second nature and you will become a better player

Strangely thinking about what you learn and not playing for a day or so casually(not constantly wishing to play) will also yield positive effects
I know what you are saying, I mean i'm able to do some of them, It's just I have an off day today. which just really sucks.

Bouse

Smash Ace
So I had a bad day
I'm taking one down
I'll sing a sad song just to turn it around
I said I don't know
I told you don't lie
I'll work out a smile
And I'll go for a ride
I had a bad day
The camera don't lie
I'm coming back down and I don't really mind
I had a bad day
I had a bad day
:ohwell: I had a good day, I got to try just about everything including the DSmash stage-spike. Also got a lot of the combos in and practiced my grabs.

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
Seriously though, that down-smash back air when they're recovering solved one of my worst problems ever. I had a lot of down-time because I never knew how to go about edge grabbing when they were recovering from the stage vertically. That's genius, thanks!

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
Wow thanks a lot Claw. Now every ******* who watches this is going to switch his main to Zamus and she's going to be mainstream and she won't be my little secret anymore. :(

Why do you have to be so good?

Top Bottom