• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About Zent

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
DISCLAIMER: I'm unsure if directly mentioning a youtuber's name is against the rules.

So about every other day I keep getting notifications in my youtube feed about the latest Zent video. If you don't know, Zent is a youtuber who reports on leaks from the internet, mainly 4chan. While I don't have a problem with it, since he's mainly just reporting, I have noticed a recent trend in leak videos. It seems like a lot of leaks are just copy/pasting other leakers' things down and reposting them on a different website. This results in a lot of the same "leaks" appearing in videos across the internet, creating a lot of spam. I'm not sure if Zent has caught on. I have little problem with it, but as I said, I'm getting notifications form his channel almost all the time, and I'm not even subscribed. Most leaks reported through channels as such report on the same things: Geno, Bandana Dee, Skull Kid, and such. I've even seen some peoples' "roster predictions" uploaded as near-exact copies of other videos posted only days earlier.

This channel is not the only one doing such, but it's definitely the figurehead of leak reporting. And most of the "leaks" these days are the same. Does anyone else experience this issue and have a problem with it, or is it just me? (after all, I do watch a lot of Smash videos.)

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
To tell you the truth I kind of thought Zent is one of the better ones at finding the more interesting leaks but maybe thats just my opinion. I would also not say every leak is the same since most I have seen do have at least something slightly different although I do agree that a lot of them like to pull from the same set of characters (with maybe a surprise or 2 to stand out) and with that being said it does get kind of repetitive when they all use similar bases.

rinrinstrikes

Smash Rookie
Im late on this but i can provide some insight on Zent. It bothers me a lot (mainly because i bit of extra experience with Zent alot) then you decide to watch a video with a monotonic voice and all his videos get recommended to you. Keep in mind where we would directly upload trailers and scrape any announcement to come off anywhere from NEW FUNNY HEY PIKMAN TRAILER (yes he spelled it pikman) and its just a trailer straight from nintendo's channel, to a video about Nintendo of UK announcing Piranha Plants are back in Mario Odyssey (yes he made a video about that). It gets really annoying when smash starts to become big again since its just piled up with videos based on every single 4chan leak. They dont even have to have a credible leaker its just some dude saying Silver the Hedgehog thats going in smash. You brought up a problem that strays beyond smash though, it does have smash bros relations to the root of the problem and it bothers me tons.

Top Bottom