• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About the Skype Match-up discussions...

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
It'd be nice to get one rollin' soon.
First, I would like to propose an idea. As some of you may have noticed, a Mibbit link is posted whenever smashboards goes down. I was thinking that we could use Mibbit for our discussions. It's actually quite nifty, and it would be a bit more accessible than Skype since it doesn't require the user to... download Skype.
Any thoughts?

I'd also like to get a general idea of who would actually participate in these discussions.
If you'd participate, please post in here. If interest is too low (or too few people are around), we just won't do it.

APartofNothing

Smash Apprentice
I would definitely participate. I want to get better and this would be a great idea and may even spark some sort of competitive talk.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
The problem I found in running the skype was convenience. It's not as convenient as Xat was, or as Mibbit would be, for several reasons. The old Xat was also kind of an easy way for the newer Olimars to meet and get use to the regulars, while the Skype really didn't do well with that. I'd be perfectly fine going back to Skype, or trying out Mibbit.

Dnyce

Smash Master
would we video chat if it was skype. if so, I'm in :awesome:

I'm available from 12-5am :troll:

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Okay, we'll do the first one on Skype, then.
However... I can't use Skype unless I'm actually at home, so it might be a little bit before we do the first one. I'll announce it around a week ahead of time.

I'll be messing with Mibbit anyway, though. We might try future ones on it to test.

Top Bottom