• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About the new character trailers: Should we expect new stages for every newcomer as well?

NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
So, I've went back and rewatched all the trailers for the game. I've noticed a minor little trend in the newcomer's reveals though: They all are shown off with a stage from their origin game as well.

To clarify, although Villager debuts in the games' first trailer and he only gets shown off on Battlefield, in the Developer Direct he is showcased on the new Animal Crossing stage. Mega Man has Dr. Wily's Castle in his trailer, you can catch a quick glimpse of the Wii Fit stage in Wii Fit Trainer's trailer, and Rosalina gets to bounce around in the Super Mario Galaxy stage in her trailer. All the newcomers so far have a stage to go with them. Perhaps this means we can expect a new stage to go with whatever series or game a newcomer comes from. These new stages may have already been introduced (Pyrosphere for Ridley, maybe? I'm down for another Temple-sized stage. :troll:)

I'm not saying this is certain, as nothing is when it comes to Sakurai, but I feel it's an interesting thing of note and worthy of at least a little speculation if it hasn't been touched upon already.

Another thing I want to add, is that so far all newcomer trailers use footage exclusively from the Wii U version, making me wonder if the 3DS version will also at least get these newcomer stages, or handheld-oriented equivalents (Rainbow Road for Rosalina?). Anyone want to speculate with me on this?

memememe

Smash Apprentice
No. Case in point = Brawl: Diddy, Dedede, Ike among others didn't have a character specific stage. Why should this time be any different?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
If we get a new Fire Emblem character, then no, because he or she would
most likely be from Awakening and we already have Arena Ferox from Awakening. We still don't have a FE Wii U stage though

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It's possible. Little Mac, Ridley, Mii, and whatever Fire Emblem: Awakening character they choose already have their stages if that's the case.

However, I don't think we'll see a new stage specifically for every character necessarily, it was only logical to have Wii Fit and Mega Man stages since they're two brand new franchises, and AC already had a stage in Brawl too. Melee had a Mario 64 stage, Brawl had a Sunshine stage, it was only natural that this game would have a Galaxy stage. A lot of the stages seem obvious, but I don't think characters like K. Rool would necessarily have Gangplank Galleon to go along with them, I doubt stages for already established franchises are picked specifically from the newcomer set.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if this is what we will get or not, but I think it is a neat idea and would like to see it happen.

NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
It's possible. Little Mac, Ridley, Mii, and whatever Fire Emblem: Awakening character they choose already have their stages if that's the case.

However, I don't think we'll see a new stage specifically for every character necessarily, it was only logical to have Wii Fit and Mega Man stages since they're two brand new franchises, and AC already had a stage in Brawl too. Melee had a Mario 64 stage, Brawl had a Sunshine stage, it was only natural that this game would have a Galaxy stage. A lot of the stages seem obvious, but I don't think characters like K. Rool would necessarily have Gangplank Galleon to go along with them, I doubt stages for already established franchises are picked specifically from the newcomer set.
I never meant to imply that the newcomer stages would be specifically tied to the newcomer's origin. After all, Ridley did not originate in Other M, right? Rather, I mean to suggest that the new stage would be from the newcomer's series in general. For example, if Slightly Pissed Off Epona were revealed as a newcomer from the Zelda series, her stage wouldn't necessarily be Lon Lon Ranch. Hell, it could be freakin' Zora's Domain, and it'd still fit what I was trying to say.

Wait, I did say "origin game." Thankfully my clarification of "whatever series or game a newcomer comes from" busts me out of this one.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I never meant to imply that the newcomer stages would be specifically tied to the newcomer's origin. After all, Ridley did not originate in Other M, right? Rather, I mean to suggest that the new stage would be from the newcomer's series in general. For example, if Slightly Pissed Off Epona were revealed as a newcomer from the Zelda series, her stage wouldn't necessarily be Lon Lon Ranch. Hell, it could be freakin' Zora's Domain, and it'd still fit what I was trying to say.

Wait, I did say "origin game." Thankfully my clarification of "whatever series or game a newcomer comes from" busts me out of this one.
I didn't really think of origin games either, but more or less locations tied to the certain character. Ridley is fought in Pyrosphere for example.

NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
I didn't really think of origin games either, but more or less locations tied to the certain character. Ridley is fought in Pyrosphere for example.
I understand you then. Certain characters may have more than one area to be used as a stage though. The Metroid series got Norfair and Frigate Orpheon in Brawl, so Ridley could get Pyrosphere or, say, Norfair Depths or such. Just some thoughts, you know?

Nitros14

Smash Journeyman
I just want to express my bitterness that the rich potential for a Bowser's Castle stage hasn't been tapped yet.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I just want to express my bitterness that the rich potential for a Bowser's Castle stage hasn't been tapped yet.

I agree with this so much I would love to see a Bowser's Castle themed stage I've wanted it since the first one came out lol.

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
They will just share stages, the Galaxy stage will be for all the Mario characters unless we get a Luigi Mansion 2 stage than of course that would be for Luigi, and of course Mario Kart and maybe a NSMB stage.

For Zelda, we already have Skyloft and probably like the 3DS version, we will have 2 Zelda stages which will probably be WWHD stage.

And etc.

majora_787

Smash Hero
It's possible that we may get a "stage to a character" situation like we did with Melee, and the stages are just different between versions. Possibly with some exceptions. But who knows.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
I'm hoping for a sick Little Mac trailer.
This would be EPIC!
There are only two things that would personally top it for me, those would be K.Rool and Banjo and Kazooie(pipe dream). Just seeing the smash logo, and hearing a remixed Spiral Mountain start to play. I would probably have a heart attack and die happy on the spot.

As far as the topic goes, yes I think there will be some correlation between newcomers and getting there own stages. As has basically been stated above it may not always be exact, because characters can share stages with others in there series. If it is a single new character (like Little Mac) then yes they should and in most cases probably will get there own stages.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Some stages, yes. However, I don't think we will get a new stage for every new fighter that happens

PlayerXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShailsPT
3DS FC
3652-1682-9410
I guess it is a pattern. All newcomers revealed till now had a stage heavily related to them. I don't mean a franchise stage - a stage that really represents the character. Villager has Smashville, WFT the Wii Board stage, Megaman has Dr Willy's Castle (Megaman 2 is considered the best game in the series by many, and I agree) and now Rosalina has the Mario Galaxy stage. We might be able to predict newcomers based on this information should Sakurai reveal the stage before the newcomer itself. But then again, it IS Sakurai. He loves throwing curve balls, intentional or not.

PlayerXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShailsPT
3DS FC
3652-1682-9410
and ridly has pyrosphere :p
I was thinking just that. Pyrosphere could very well be Ridley's stage while Smash Circuit would be Little Mac's. Oh god Sakurai, you are killing me. But don't you dare stop with this kind of information until the damn game is released. I am seriously loving every single moment of this game's pre-release cycle. My blood currently has 75% hype in it - a lot.

NNID
CRQ-L-07
3DS FC
4854-6608-1552
To add something, if a newcomer from a series already represented is added, do you think they should have another stage dedicated to them, or should they share the series stage? For example, should all the Mario reps have the Mario Galaxy stage alone to fight on, or would a 3D World stage work just as well?

PlayerXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShailsPT
3DS FC
3652-1682-9410
To add something, if a newcomer from a series already represented is added, do you think they should have another stage dedicated to them, or should they share the series stage? For example, should all the Mario reps have the Mario Galaxy stage alone to fight on, or would a 3D World stage work just as well?
I think every single newcomer will have a stage linked to them. For example, we get some 3D World stage for everyone in the Mario Franchise but the Galaxy one is Rosalina's stage. The Galaxy stage still belongs to the Mario Franchise but it is meant to be there for Rosalina, like Smashville for Villager, Wii Fit Room for WFT, Dr. Willy's Castle for Megaman (not best example because he is a third party but...) and (possibly) Pyrosphere for Ridley and the Boxing Ring for Little Mac.

Ascended

Smash Ace
Here's a link to a list of currently confirmed stages: http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_confirmed_stages_in_Super_Smash_Bros._4
Just for fun, I decided to match up some of the stages to a character:
Arena Ferox - Fire Emblem Awakening character (I would prefer Chrom.)
Find Mii Stage - Mii
Dr. Wily's Castle - Mega Man
Garden of Hope - Olimar
Mario Galaxy Stage - Rosalina
Pyrosphere - Ridley
Windy Hill Zone - Sonic
Wuhu Island/Pilotwings - Mii or a Pilotwings character.
Animal Crossing Stages - Villager
Wii Fit Gym - Wii Fit Trainer
Boxing Ring - Little Mac

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
Here's a link to a list of currently confirmed stages: http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_confirmed_stages_in_Super_Smash_Bros._4
Just for fun, I decided to match up some of the stages to a character:
Arena Ferox - Fire Emblem Awakening character (I would prefer Chrom.)
Find Mii Stage - Mii
Dr. Wily's Castle - Mega Man
Garden of Hope - Olimar
Mario Galaxy Stage - Rosalina
Pyrosphere - Ridley
Windy Hill Zone - Sonic
Wuhu Island/Pilotwings - Mii or a Pilotwings character.
Animal Crossing Stages - Villager
Wii Fit Gym - Wii Fit Trainer
Boxing Ring - Little Mac
Ah freak......you make it look like Mii's might be a character!!! I can't tell if I'm happy or mad. Nah, probably just over thinking it. :/

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
...or the Wandering Heroes! :awesome:

Imagine the two of them together as a team of sword fighters with elemental magic powers! :awesome:
More likely in the assist try catagory

And now its 2014 where is our trailer we have all ben dreaming for. (Mewtwo, Ridley ,King k rool ,little mac)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Only if the newcomer is from a previously unrepresented series. The only exception till date is ROB.

peachy!

super princess
It might be possible. If the series already has a playable representative, then maybe there won't be a new stage added. For example, if Ridley does happen to join the roster, Pyrosphere might be his "home stage."

Another observation: the trailers offer more than just a pretty cinematic with a new character. So far, they have also hinted at upcoming stages and moves. I thought the Mario Kart reference in the Rosalina trailer made no sense, but once it was revealed that Rainbow Road IS a stage, then it was all clear. Take the Villager's net in his trailer as well; I wouldn't have imagined it was actually a real move of his. Sakurai is one clever guy for sure. We should really pay attention to details.

Top Bottom