• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About the brawl hack

Gerard101

Smash Rookie
I did that update that nintendo sent out the first ever one about illegal operations etc. and i updated (I was stoooooopid) So is it impossible for me to use the twilight hack now?

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
No, there is a Twilight Hack file that is compatible with the 3.4 update. (Giant link in blue text near the top of my Hack tutorial thread)

However, Nintendo could still delete it off your Wii, so it would be advised that you use a downgrader program after you've hacked it, so that way they can't delete the hack. Try wiibrew.org if you need help, I've never had to use a downgrader program. (Still using Wii Menu 3.2)

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Oh. You're good then.

Is your SD Card formatted to FAT16 or FAT32? Format it by right clicking on your SD Card, format, and change the file system to FAT16 or FAT32. It will delete everything on there, however, so I would take all the stuff that's currently on the SD Card and put it somewhere else on your computer.
Now get Twilight Hack from here. http://hbc.hackmii.com/download/
Then follow the steps here. I hope you have a copy of Twilight Princess........
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Twilight_Hack#Step_by_Step

If you have more questions, it's okay, I have a sort of a ice storm here, so I have no school. :D

Gerard101

Smash Rookie
THANKS!

at the moment I dont have twilight -.- but am getting it of my friend, and im going to buy a new SD card thats bigger ^_^

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Don't get an SD card bigger than 2 GB or else the Wii won't read it.

Also is it 3.3v1 or 3.3v2?
I found that out the hard way. Don't attempt using an SDHC card, as it's not compatible with the Wii... *sigh*.

I now use an Ultra II 2gig SD card. Best card you can use for the Wii, as it's the fastest available. It really doesn't make much difference though--- as it's improved speed helps cameras more than the Wii. I recently bought 3 more 2gig SD cards.. just regular SD cards not high speed. Why would I waste my money on three more on a whim? Simple, they were on sale at work, on top of 20% off, and an additional 5$ coupon off the order. I bought Each card separately, and had 3 5$ coupons. In the end, I spent about 3$ per 2gig SanDisk SD card. Pretty ridiculously cheap-- talk about a steal! I'm psyched! They nomally range from 20-30$... and I got mine for 3$ each, about 9-10$ total. ROFL!

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
I find Kingston to be pretty good. It's only $7. The first time I tried it, I used a Toshiba but it didn't work and I had to wait a few more months.
Also, I use my printer as an SD card reader.

nessqk

Smash Journeyman
ya the have the new updates for orcarina homebrew and all that cause i know some one who updated but he was able to get the hack just look it up dude

Gerard101

Smash Rookie
I really dont know :S crap :S mine was the First ever update that disabled homebrew apps etc.

Revven

FrankerZ
I really dont know :S crap :S mine was the First ever update that disabled homebrew apps etc.
Well, that's the Oct. 23rd update then. You must use the newest HBC download v. 1.01 here along with the 3.3 Twilight Hack which is on the same page. Let me know if you get any errors. I'll give the application later, just worry about installing it first.

Gerard101

Smash Rookie
does this mean I cant use the premade SD card package?

Also was there not an update before that, that disabled homebrew?

Revven

FrankerZ
does this mean I cant use the premade SD card package?

Also was there not an update before that, that disabled homebrew?
You can use the premade SD Card package... but, it probably won't have HBC v. 1.01 (but, you can check when you download it). And there was but... the workaround has been out for MONTHS, and it is the 3.3 Twilight Hack. Like, that update was when 3.3 first came out and... that was back in June, it's been fixed ever since.

Top Bottom