• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About Brawl AI..

yolky

Smash Rookie
Is it better than melee's? Just I remember on Melee training against comps actually got me worse..haha. Is the AI on brawl at least good enough to mess around with? Maybe even a little competitive?

ro0kie42

Smash Apprentice
The AI is better. They don't just stand around or run at you. They jump and use aerials and aerial dodging effectively. From what I've played, they have "mind games" in that when they jump at you, they'll either dodge back or attack. Of course, they could just be reacting to me attacking, but for some reason, it's extremely hard to land a hit. This entire time i've been talking about lvl 9 cpu's of course. I just can't beat a lvl 9 fox consistently. Also, i've been practicing vs the lvl 9's w/o items.

yolky

Smash Rookie
Alright, yeah I hope also....there wasnt even a point in computers back in Melee..

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I would say much better overall from what I've seen in vids. The comps still do ******** and random things once in a while and do still pull the occasional frame-perfect manuever, but the comps do a much better job in not being predictable. They somtimes run away, don't always powershield as successfully, they don't tech as much, and they even attempt edgeguarding more frequently without killing themselves. Heck, some of the comps even know how to recover properly. Overall, if you played one online, you might not even know it.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Hey guess what, it doesn't matter. I mean, until we actually invent a real AI, which actually learns and thinks for itself.

CPU enemies will always be limited to doing the exact same move in the exact same situation, which teaches players how to fight only that.

I mean I guess you could practice combos on dummy computers, but with WiFi, why bother?

Top Bottom